Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by boodikon, Jun 13, 2006.
Good news...... www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=2800
cheap as chips
Damm .. i just got a 3500+ for such a damm high price ... ....
Do you think the price of DDR2 memory will go down sometime this fall as well? That's the only thing holding me back from going to AM2...
I've just bought an Athlon64 X2 4200+ for £250!!! :cry:
The question I have is, will these prices remain this low, or will they spike back up in the next few months??
Forgive me for not following past trends, but I would certainly be interested in getting one, as I'm sure lots of peops would be..
Sweet, thinking about a new AMD system and the prices are slashed right on my birthday It's a sign~!
This isn't too suprising, AMD's dual-core prices especially needed some trimming to stand up to Conroe. Phasing out the 1 MB cores will save them a bit more on production costs. I guess they're holding the line on the FX, but that's marketing for you.
Prices will definately stay that low, I don't recall seeing a price rise that actually came about from AMD or Intel as opposed to simple supply and demand. The way AMD and Intel raise prices is not on existing models but adding more expensive new models without dropping prices on the old, and don't expect anything new from AMD until after .065 micron at the end of this year or early next. If anything AMD's prices will drop further, as Intel looks like they finally have a winner.
I am also waiting for this price drop, What I am wondering though is will this actually happen or is it just hear-say...I guess we will have to wait and see.
How could they not? They must respond to Intel's pricing. Conroe will not be expensive and all the older P4s will become ridiculously cheap, even the 9xx dual-cores. It sounds like this hasn't been officially announced, but as Intel's prices have been I'm sure it will end up being the case.
I have been waiting a few months to get into the 64 Bit arena, So I don't mind witing another month. I was gonna go with the 3500+ but if they drop prices as much as they say I am gonna go with something with a little more muscle. Come on PRICE WAR!!!
be about another 6 months then before they hit the uk at the lower price
That's a bummer man. I hope I don't have to wait that long for the price drop to hit Canada I am sitting on money waiting for my new build...
Looks like control over prices have finally fallen into consumer's hands. This last generation of $1200 CPUs and $600 videocards has finally started dying down.
well, i really hope they won't take that long.... six months is too long to wait.
Can't wait, I'll be picking up my Dual core processor right away.
Should be the end of this month correct?
me gonna go x2 then....yes!!!
boy thanks to intel..
Yeah thank god i consulted my good peers here on guru3d before i order my new system or else i would of been so pissed off...