AMD Preps AGESA 1.0.0.7 Firmware to support Raven Ridge APUs

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    airbud7 likes this.
  2. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    YESSS, looking Forward to it:D:D:D!! I stopped upgrading my Tomahawk B350 after bios 1.7 (the newer prooved to be quite buggy) and look Forward to the new ones.

3. kruno

kruno Master Guru

GPU:
    4890/1
    ???? Could you make article more readable,it looks like you are missing half letters in sentence or is it just on my side?

4. Amx85

Amx85 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R7-260X2GD5/OC
    i have the same motherboard but i donĀ“t build yet, i looked now that BIOS 1.7 and 1.8 has the same changelog lol, i will update when i build, im waiting for price cuts (R5-1600, Graphics cards and RAM are too expensive for me now)

grettings

5. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    So, when exactly will it be available? Or is it already available and mobo manufacturers are just now in the process of implementing it?

Though I don't like the sound of there potentially being more issues, I hope there are more benefits to it other than just supporting Raven Ridge. I guess one good thing about having the slow release cycles of Biostar is I'll get to know if there are any regressions from other peoples' boards. I have no intention of getting Raven Ridge so if 1.0.0.7 is overall worse, I won't update.

Legibility is fine for me.

6. kruno

kruno Master Guru

GPU:
    4890/1
    No i was talking about "Currently we sist a main build" and "He is involved int he team" and "holds significantly changes"..

7. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Guest

GPU:
    DECIDING
    My giga almost died on the last bios - Update AGESA 1.0.0.6b

Sent the board back with my cpu to be replaced as it caused my cpu vt to rise up to 1.6 and not far off that vt even when i set the bios back to f4 with normal settings.
    Has it done anything to the cpu? OCUK would not replace the cpu but I got a new m/board . So time will tell - hopefully my cpu was not affected :eek:

Noisiv likes this.
  8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Hmmmm..

What is this referring too?

9. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    It really only effected the CrossHair 6 Hero. The board for whatever reason would "forget" how to train the dram and therefore reset to safe mode. This would cause all the CBS section settings to revert to default. Increasing the training attempts to like three or higher was one method of forcing one's way through it. I cured it by adjusting the settings for setting up the dram bus. Currently working off of 40-20-24-30. The only bios version that included the workaround was version 9920. It was stated that the board did not get 1006b because that version broke the workaround they created to alleviate it. The Prime X370-Pro along with the others for whatever reason were not affected.

10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I have this board and this problem, turning the system on from cold boot it will shut off immediately and then reboot and take forever to boot up where the overclock I have enabled is still set but my 3200MHz RAM will have reverted back to default of 2133MHz.

I found that disconnecting my wireless mouse (logitech g900) from charging which I normally leave it connected whilst the PC is off to charge up still. I found that the PC would always run into this cold boot issue if it was left connected and charging. Disconnecting this device and the PC would boot up no issues.

It could just be a coincidence but I hadn't updated the BIOS and was stuck on 1602 where I could replicate the issue over and over again but once I tried my fix it would work every time. Now I have updated to 1701 and the problem still exists and my fix still works.

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'm still on 1.5 myself. Haven't seen any justification to update beyond that.

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    That's really good news.