AMD Prepares Noise Reduction Software to Compete with RTX Voice

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 22, 2022.

1. Nopa

Nopa Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 & RX 580
    Was very creative for NV coming out with ML DSR. It was out of the blue, totally unexpected.

2. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I get it, so, let's reword it.

"AMD doesn't need to reach feature parity with NVidia. They just need to focus on releasing stable drivers with features and functions that Nvidia has that people actually care about and actively use."

3. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1060 6gb
    I love rtx voice , no I am not a streamer neither I will ever be , but for discord etc it is awesome ! I use it my self almost forgot I have it on ! Construction next house drills all the time ? No problem it clears it , my friend's kids screaming while playing was a constant annoyance ... And his mechanical keyboard ... Gone and gone . Why people hate on that feature I Wish everyone had rtx voice on ! And now kudos to AMD finally getting something similar too ! Hell I hope Intel does something similar too! So every possible system has rtx voice or rtx voice like feature.

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700...
    No, my statement was completely accurate as I worded it. There is no reason for AMD to try to match NVidia feature for feature. If it doesn't pertain to the graphics card itself, there's no reason for the "feature" to be part of the graphics driver.
    Why do I need something like RTX voice in my graphics driver? That's a feature that should be built into the audio driver, not the graphics driver. In fact, it is built into my audio driver and actually works just fine. If we're going to add audio features to the graphics driver, why not just add a proper audio control panel? Graphics cards can do audio output anyway. Might as well give us some control over it.

So, when are we going to see NVidia adding overclocking and video recording features to their archaic control panel?

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Never, because they don't want us to OC, and never, because they use it to push GFE onto people.

6. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    The Nvidia driver also contains the audio driver. RTX Voice however is a separate download. Also, Nvidia's control panel has audio options as well that's relevant to the video outputs.

Most Nvidia cards auto-overclock beyond the stated clocks already. As for video recording, I'm sure that's another feature that Nvidia did first (Shadowplay)...