1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD overdrive

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by ang1dust, Dec 15, 2016.

1. ang1dust

ang1dust New Member

GPU:
    I am looking to run AMD OverDrive utility for my motherboard but it doesnt seem to run with windows 10 or i am missing a crucial driver. The only driver i see missing is the Storage controller- if anyone knows how to fix that or what file i should use thats great but not really what im seeking.

I have a Biostar TA790GX3 AM2+ motherboard and im pretty sure overdrive for the system has worked before but it wont now. I am running windows 10 with amd athlon x2 5200 with 6 gig of 1066mhz ram.

It begins to initialize and then it gives the windows 10 crash warning asking me if i want to debug.

I have tried running it in windows 7 and 8 environments to no avail.

Thanks in advance, and even if you dont offer your help, have a good Christmas!

Mike

2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I don`t know why do you think of storage controller driver. AMD OD is about CPU, chipset and RAM tweaks.
    What does it write in the window with the crash info?

3. d_mouse

d_mouse Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix RX580
    Check your event log for details of the crash.

Overdrive works perfectly fine for me on Win 10 Pro

4. ElectronSpider

ElectronSpider Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 660 OC 2GB
    ang1dust, All the overdrive settings regarding CPU/RAM/Chipset can be made in the BIOS or UEFI BIOS instead of overdrive. If you want the storage driver can be found near the bottom-right of the AMD drivers page, which list ACHI or RAID. Here is a link to the Windows 10 64 bit version: Here