AMD OverDrive Queer Problem

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by XF_Golden, Oct 5, 2008.

1. XF_Golden

XF_Golden Member

GPU:
    XFX 9800Gx2 800/1125/1850
    so I have a 780a chipset mobo and a 9950BE but when I try to use AOD it just says that I don't have a 7-series chipset. anyone know why that would be?

2. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    that's extremely simple question, you don't have an AMD 7 series chipset, you have an nvidia 7 series chipset, two completely different things

AOD only works on AMD chipsets, no other chipsets, including nvidia chipsets

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  3. XF_Golden

XF_Golden Member

GPU:
    XFX 9800Gx2 800/1125/1850
    ok that makes more sense .. I got the suggestion from a buddy that I use AOD for overclocking my phenom. I guess he didn't know it was only for AMD chipsets.
    Thanks Aura

4. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    AOD is decent for overclocking however, if you know how to overclock through your bios, it is always typically best to do so through your bios

5. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering
    Agreed, but AOD is an excellent app for *testing* just what settings need to be changed in BIOS - it saves a lot of time in the tweaking/rebooting/tweaking/rebooting cycle.
    I used to use Systool when it first came out to do the same exact thing - test for what settings I would need to adjust in the BIOS, and it worked well for that; unfortunately, Systool was also quite dangerous in the hands of someone that doesn't know what they're doing - it would write values to motherboard registers that the motherboard itself doesn't support, causing some pretty major problems...but AOD is a lot more safe than Systool was, not allowing adjustments of variables that the motherboard doesn't have, and not allowing adjustments past each specific component's maximum values (CPU, RAM, HT, and NB voltages specificially)

Unfortunately (for you) AOD does not, nor will it ever, be compatible with the nVidia chipsets...AOD is an ATi exclusive made to tweak ATi's chipsets. (sorry Bro!)

Psychlone