AMD motherboards are more expensive (mATX/ITX)

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by K.S., Jul 12, 2020.

1. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti
    Just read this online this morning in the news; found it interesting. Excluding ATX but still interesting.

2. Kool64

Kool64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2070S
    Well you can get a B450m pro 4 micro atx for like 75 bucks so I dunno. X570 and B550 is definitely higher priced.

3. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    Would not be surprised in certain conditions. Intel used to be the only one that was ahead of the curve with boards utilizing tech before anyone else. AMD is heading back to their glory days. Unfortunately it has been forgotten that their cpus used to carry a hefty price tag during that time as well. They have been an "underdog" for so long that high prices for AMD hardware is a thing of myth and legend. Welcome to the new AMD.

HandR likes this.
  4. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSIrtx2080 superXS
    I paid £235 for my Asus Prime x570 pro from currys online at the end of January they are now charging £255 but they are still one of the cheapest retailers for that board, when scan are charging £220 for an Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO....perhaps retailers feel justified with charging more for boards that are higher spec, but compared to the really high end boards that do the same thing just slightly better at almost £1000...even £255 is a good price for what you get in this day and age, my first top end gpu that i bought from scan.co.uk was £350 and it was an Nvidia GeForce3 Ti500 around 2001,on its release day it was the top tier card to have, but sadly they dont even sell at £8 these days, i wonder how much a working rtx 2080ti will fetch in 20 years time....£32 maybe.

5. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020