AMD might have a 2080 Ti destroyer soon...

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Digilator, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    If anything less than the fastest, no matter the relative price, is not good enough to you, ok...)

2. Oh nooo :oops:.... emboldening typefaces and changing font sizes is off limits now, can't do that ... :eek: - dumbass

• Problem. You are linking a YouTube video brainstorming speculative information and unconfirmed supposed "specs" based on unknown & better yet, unverified "sources".
    • Hey; that's all well and good but don't expect me to roll over and show my belly when you use it as a comeback to well-documented facts regarding RDNA issues. It's a far cry from actual concrete data subject of real-world usage, bench-marking, reviews, results in the field etc.
    • Still not sure what exactly your point is; AMD is just going to what, replace a defective un-resolved first gen with a refined second? Great customer service for RX 5700 owners...
    I get annoyed with "hey look at this YouTube video" replies; YouTube doesn't always equate to solid journalism aka known-good media with financial backing, vetted industry contacts, departments that proof information before it's published. Editors etc...

But sure one man/woman and their YouTube channel is chalk full of source-material; AdoredTV etc.. I'll go on and on. *barf*... what a joke, like talking to a child coming to the discussion without an understanding of the commentary. You'll have to do better than "watch a video" to debate with me young one ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2020
  3. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    I didn't tell you what you may or may not do. If you want to use offensive language, go to a gym and try it with an in-shape dude. Dumb punk.

Since you are safe to continue to talk your bs here - reported and ignored.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    30% faster than 2080Ti....50% performance bump for 3000 series, would put AMD's new "flagship" card around 3070 level if not just above it. So, another "high-end" card that ends up closer to mid-range than high-end.....

5. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    You feel this counters what you quoted?)

Time will tell how RDNA2 compares with the 3000 series...

6. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    It was also stated that "AMD often tests new hardware with off the beatin path setups"(not verbatim)they do it cause they are testing it out.

7. [​IMG]

8. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    50% faster than turing could be possible with shifting to 7nm as they can make bigger dies. Is Ampere a totally new arch or just turing with tweaks? Also 50% more perf could be for example only in RT situations.

Anyway it's good both are bringing new and faster crap out. AMD might have he crown for few months. Even if it somehow fell to the level of 3070 after nvidia counters it's no biggie mighty fine gpus those would be anyways.

Maddness likes this.
  9. abvolt

abvolt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 ti FTW3
    I sure hope AMD gets off their butts and makes a proper high end GPU that can be competitive with Nvidia, I'm still using my R9 295X2 in another rig works great. Really want to go all AMD doesn't look like it will ever happen with their GPU's..

10. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Why not? What are you seeing?

To me, what they need is much better driver support.

MaCk0y likes this.

11. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    What will it help if AMD releases a card that beats a 2080Ti with 25% in one benchmark when Nvidia hinted that they release cards with a huge performance increase?
    We can only hope that it does something to the outrageous price increase for each generation, doubt it will thou.
    And what does performance increase help from either camp if there still are old unresolved stability issues in their drivers?
    Gonna stick to my old card for a bit and see what they both come up with and how it plays out in the hands of consumers, even though, it would be nice with a card that performs better at 4K, especially with the upcomming games.

12. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
  13. The driver support has become really good as of 2020. Personally I love the new releases they've been putting out - however It seems a lot of the AIBs and partner brands still feel NVIDIA is the choice for their consumer base from what I read. I saw this the other day for example...

[​IMG]

warlord likes this.
  14. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    ^ lol that BS made my day. TrashROG. Only potential victims buy ASUS products for ages now.

For example, 5700M will vanish RTX2060 and 5600M will kill 1660ti. What "better image for gaming". Those people don't even have a degree I am sure, they are elementary school graduates.

15. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    Degree is NOT the issue...

----------------------------------
    Quote: "Your Degree is just a piece of Paper. Your Education is seen in your behavior."
    ----------------------------------
    do not web search the above quote....coz........most out there got degree due to "copy paste" function and Googling (plagia)....;)

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ^^ We need to think for Ourselves. Intelligence & Logic is what we need.
    Ne01 Art, Logic & Wisdom

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  17. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Yeah you can calm down with that. Asus products I've bought for years personally have been great.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything nice at all.

18. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Asus gives intentionally inferior amd products compared to Intel and Nvidia counterparts. That's also not nice. It is a two way relationship. Now they say lies about better image quality. I am authorized to criticize them accordingly. :)

Undying likes this.
  19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Dont to mention their radeon cards lately are the worst and with a price premium. Asus is not the company they used to be. About image quality i would argue amd has the better one over nvidia so these claims are false.

The_Amazing_X and warlord like this.
  20. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Except when you seem to forget this isn't an open platform for you to say whatever you think.

Last chance, listen to the warning or don't and deal with what comes next.

pharma and warlord like this.