1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Lowers Prices for Radeon RX 5700 NAVI Cards, 349 USD and 399 for the XT USD

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 5, 2019.

1. CyberSparky

CyberSparky Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 Super
    At least someone on here has some common sense, and the time to stomp out misinformation. Cheers to you Aura89.

I literally started lmao when I saw the first page where someone was saying that AMD overpriced their cards to bait Nvidia, like seriously? What world of disillusion do you live in? What company does not want to turn maximum profit for their products? At least AMD was smart enough to lower prices to match the current performance level their products hold. I do hope we see some high end cards from AMD, as it may help Nvidia bring their prices down a bit, but I won't hold me breath. Maybe next time? ;)

Ricardo, Lucifer and Aura89 like this.
  2. kings

kings Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti / RX 580
  3. DW75

DW75 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX1080 Ti OC
    All AMD has to do is lower the prices to 299 and 349. If they do this, the cards will all sell. The dies are small enough as well that they are still going to make plenty of profit at those prices. If they want to gain mindshare and marketshare, they have to price these cards accordingly.

GamerNerves, Lucifer and Aura89 like this.
  4. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Awesome to see the price drop. The prices of both Turing and Navi were ( and still are, somewhat ) high.
    What bothers me with these GPUs tho, is not even the lack of raytracing hardware, but the lack of, what seem to me, more fundamental new features like variable rate shading and mesh shading. Was totally expecting Navi would support that.

5. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB RX 5700 Gaming
    Prices still too high

6. Lucifer

Lucifer Master Guru

GPU:
    Colorful GTX 1060
    you got it wrong dude, amd HAVE to lower the price seeing the benchmarks of the supers. If nvidia didn't release the supers, I am sure amd would stick to original pricing.
    See what competitiveness brings to the market ? all in all, it's customer who wins.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    Aura89 likes this.
  7. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480 8GB
    Although they quite often do not go full price war, but simply keep it at levels in which both can make a profit.

8. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated
    As prices slowly will be slashed down the road, drivers will improve.
    Until Black Friday I can wait patiently.

9. barbacot

barbacot Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti MSI
    By then nvidia will release a rtx 2080 Ti Anniversary edition covered in black leather pieces from the famous jackets - take that Ms. Su with your signatures on products!

10. nizzen

nizzen Master Guru

GPU:
    3x2080ti/5700x/1060
    Midrange gpus: Yawn...

11. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated
    By then maybe Nvidia will work/put more effort in open source drivers.
    For me, as a Linux user, AMD is a better overall experience.
    Not everyone is a gamer here...and the idea is to enjoy this hobby, not follow a agenda of who's being"owned/pwned" here.
    There is more to it that this.

carnivore and airbud7 like this.
  12. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated
    By then maybe Nvidia will work/put more effort in open source drivers.
    For me, as a Linux user, AMD is a better overall experience.
    Not everyone is a gamer here...and the idea is to enjoy this hobby, not follow a agenda of who's being"owned/pwned" here.
    There is more to it that this.

HandR and airbud7 like this.
  13. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    you can say that again^...:D

14. fl2015

fl2015 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    I don't get why people are moaning that these aren't 250 bucks but not moaning about the 2070 Super costing double that. The XT is 100 bucks cheaper than the Super while only being a few frames behind it going by the leaks.

At the end of the day AMD are a company that's purpose is to make money, they aren't going to lowball if they don't need to.

15. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 270X DC2 TOP
    Very nice. AMD still has the better performance/price cards.

16. urbanman2004

urbanman2004 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC
    Take that NVIDIA (as I game on my 1080TI, )

17. leszy

leszy Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire V64 LC
    mc

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  18. leszy

leszy Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire V64 LC
    Jason Evangelho has a different opinion:
    https://twitter.com/killyourfm/status/1147444204353835008

19. CyberSparky

CyberSparky Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 Super
    You can quote as many people stating that as you would like, without going back and seeing the results of 2 different timelines, we will never know for sure. Hell AMD themselves could post it, I wouldn't believe it. If Nvidia had not launched the Super Series, you do not know without 100% certainty that AMD would have still dropped the price, or if you would have been paying the original price they gave at E3. They dropped the price to match the performance level these cards hold compared to the competition, that is fact from AMD own benches, and leaked ones on the new 5700/XT cards.

20. Ricardo

Ricardo Active Member

GPU:
    1050Ti 4GB
    Did you make a research on that and have some numbers to present? Else, it's just your opinion and quiet irrelevant in the big picture.

Again, AMDs OpenGL implementation in Windows is bad, which accounts for 90%+ of userbase environment of these gaming cards. No one is talking about Quadro and Radeon Pro here. You might say not many games use OpenGL anymore, but that's precisely why I mentioned emulators - the majority of them use OpenGL, so AMD is bad there and Nvidia isn't.

So what? It's not like nvidia is much worse in Linux and, again, Linux is a very small niche gaming environment. So, at best, AMD and Nvidia are equal in Linux, and AMD is worse in windows, while Nvidia also offers RTX. Objectively more, in other words.

You do you. But you just dismissed 90% of the market for those cards, so... Yeah.