AMD lawsuit..

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by shadex, Oct 29, 2019.

1. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Merc 6600 XT
    You don't need to submit a proof (sales of receipt etc..) unless if you ordered 5 or more CPUs as listed above. If you order like one, you will be compensated $300.00. I filed a claim and will get $300.00.

Enjoy free money. US only :p.

Link: https://www.amdcpusettlement.com/

GET PARTYING! FREE MONEY FOR EVERYONE:

[​IMG]

GameHaven66 likes this.
  2. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    more you advertise people to sign up, the less you'll get:D

user1 likes this.
  3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    No doubt man, delete this. Besides I've already got a thread about it right below this one.

4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Yeah you aren't getting anywhere close to $300 per cpu. You'd be lucky to get 1/10 of that. Especially with no proof of purchase required.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.

5. motoman26

motoman26 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 4070 ti
    Yeh, lets cut the legs off the competition so Intel can monopolize even more. I take it you like expensive CPU's.

6. You wouldn't happen to be associated with:

Angeion Group
    1650 Arch Street, Suite 2210
    Philadelphia, PA 19103

If not, you're promoting their counsel for free.

Interesting company...I'd forget about expecting any money

This - this right here makes want to throw up

Keitosha, Jackalito and GameHaven66 like this.
  7. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Merc 6600 XT
    I do have proof of purchase tho. I'll let you know.

8. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Merc 6600 XT
    YOU GOT ME! How did you know?! LOL! Nah, just kidding.

9. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Merc 6600 XT
    Good point...

I'm not able to delete the thread tho.. mods can.

10. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    You may enjoy using the multi quote button too..

11. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    What I mean is, in order to claim the money, you don't need to prove that you even bought one. Which means there will probably be more people who file a claim to get free money that never bought the cpu to begin with than there will be legit customers. Not only do these lawsuits never pay the actual "up to" amount, the more people that file a claim means the less everybody gets. EA had a similar one years ago with the Madden games where you could file a claim for like 10 years worth of games and the people who filed a claim got basically nothing.

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I find it rather odd that proof of purchase isn't required in this particular instance. That may be a point of contention later in the fairness hearing as that openly permits fraudulent claims to be made..... AMD could even argue that the law firm representing claimants is openly supporting the filing of false claims, if not requesting them.

Another thing to keep in mind is that this "class action suit" is not final. Nobody is getting a dime any time soon. The earliest the case will be finalized if February 20, 2020.

If the number of claims exceeds the number of sales or the settlement is deemed "unfair", the settlement won't be finalized. Given that there's no requirement for claimants to provide proof of purchase, there's a high probability of the settlement being deemed unfair.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  13. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Merc 6600 XT
    Yeah, you need proof of purchase...................................................... smh, why?!

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The reason for requiring proof of purchase is to limit the number of possible fraudulent claims. If no proof of purchase is required, it's commonly seen as an invitation to file a fraudulent claim.

Not knowing the details surrounding those reviews, I'd take them with a grain of salt. Most people don't understand how class-action suits and the pay out process actually works. This can lead to bad reviews based on bad information.

15. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    You only need proof of purchase if you are claiming more than 5 CPUs. If you're only claiming 1 then it's not needed. It's still strange though and is just asking for fraudulent claims.

16. Irrelevant

If the extreme of your logic were assumed it would be censorship and that would lead to the eventuality of no reciprocity in the public forum which is the foundation of the US democracy. So again, I say irrelevant.

EDIT: Excuse me - I can be matter-of-fact. I'd add, how do we know if people don't understand something or not. It's a blanket-statement (most people don't understand class-action... most people don't understand how the phone works; how the toilet works how etc... most people don't understand is a blanket statement )

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2019
  17. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Merc 6600 XT
    I know.. probably that's how the law firm makes money. Fraudulent? Definitely!

18. AMDMan2016

AMDMan2016 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 1660 Super
    Guess my Former AMD FX 8310 not covered as part of this class action, not that I would get any money for it. Believed the marketing when I bought in January 2016, that it was a True 8 Core FX Cpu, then later on found out it wasn't, and performance in my games wasn't that great, so spent year 2016, and most of 2017 saving money, and finally switched back to Intel with an I7 7700 Processor at the time, even now in 2019 meets all my needs still with all my games

Used AMD based systems from 2003-2016

First Intel since Pentium 3 using now, So far really liking the performance, and such, in fact liked the performance so much, December 2017 bought Intel based HP Omen Laptop I7 7700HQ

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    performance had little to do with the amount of cores and more to do with the downgrade in execution ports.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  20. Definition of core is a whole other sermon for another thread - sort of joking there. As I've personally (opinion) believed that's been subjective over the years from what I've seen. Many OEMs release and qualify "cores" / multi-cores and then the courts single AMD out here for Bulldozer defining as quad/hexacore/octocore. This qualifies as biased/prejudice on the side of our judicial system.

More-so an issue with the US being behind in technological legislative efforts as opposed to other examples in the world. I believe lawmakers that define & regulate laws have a better chance of understanding the material relevant to said laws as they'd have known source material required to have written them or rallied support for them. It's no direct comparison with "cores" but technologically speaking, data, etc...EU, UK, GDRP; we haven't even scratched the surface.

Basically I'm saying, is was / has / always been quad/hexa/octo core(s) cpus, continuity wise.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2019
    Alessio1989 likes this.