AMD Launches Ryzen Embedded R1000 SoC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Today AMD introduced the new AMD RyzenTM Embedded R1000 SoC, expanding the Ryzen embedded product family and delivering a new class of performance for the embedded industry....

AMD Launches Ryzen Embedded R1000 SoC

chispy likes this.
  2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I have been using an Athlon 200GE wish is a Ryzen 2 cores 4 threads with Vega 3 graphics APU on my daily HTPC. Same chip as this AMD RyzenTM Embedded R1000 SoC , this chip almost use no power at all and do not produce any heat if overclocked on the stock cooler. Now i can see why atari will be using this chip on their new atari consoles as the performance is quite good for the low cost , low wattage requirements on them :) , good vibes.

3. moo100times

moo100times Master Guru

GPU:
    295x2 @ stock
    Interesting tech. I am dubious re: the atari console though, seems a little underpowered for a 300 euro console?

4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It will depends on the games and tittles , if indie games are to be their thing is great for that , newer triple A games might struggle to get 30fps at low resolutions yes.

5. Heck yeah they are making ataris with it. This would be awesome for a lot of emulators. MAME, N64, SNES, SEGA, and basically all classic systems would run great on this. Seems a very workable solution for an arcade cabinet too.

chispy likes this.
  6. reix2x

reix2x Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    is funny how Vega was intended to be a great solution for high performance computing and graphics, but it has been a king just in low performance graphics (Good performance for the wattage and price)