AMD June 17th Chipset Update installer not working

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by R3loaded, Jul 1, 2019.

1. R3loaded

R3loaded Guest

GPU:
    AMD MSI RX590 8GB
    Hello, i have a issue with the installation, according to the log i cant install the new drivers for the chipset because the disk drive letter doesn't match with the one that the installer refers to, i've tried to use the subst command but the extraction program is still not willing to work, i can't totally install my new drivers.. can someone help me please? thanks

I've downloaded the drivers from amd.com, it was a update 1.6.13.0400, weights 50.7mb and i ran it with the admin privileges, the extraction program remains still for as long as i keep it open because it wont work so i had to close it via task manager. Error message:
    Error 1327.Invalid Drive: C:\
    === Logging stopped: 01/07/2019 09:14:42 ===

My AMD related apps installed: https://prnt.sc/o8x1gp I was able to use a usb drive to force the installer to extract files into my pendrive and the installation went successful but it doesnt look like all of the things have been installed as the installation size is only 49.1mb which is below of the compressed extraction file size.

my cpu/mobo: Ryzen 7 2700X/MSI X470 Gaming PRO, OS: Win7 Ultimate x64

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  2. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    Have you tried uninstalling the old chipset driver before installing the 1.16.13.0400 version ?
    The drivers are named amd_chipset_drivers_1.6.13.0400.exe.
    I have no issues downloading them to my F:\ drive and then installing them from there.
    They unpack and then they install.

3. R3loaded

R3loaded Guest

GPU:
    AMD MSI RX590 8GB
    If i remove the old ones then my pc will become unstable without its chipset drivers, and i've tried placing it into my root E drive (system) and still no go :(

4. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    The chipset driver directory is 361 MB on my system.
    After it's done unpacking.

5. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    So maybe your download was corrupt. Try downloading them again.

6. R3loaded

R3loaded Guest

GPU:
    AMD MSI RX590 8GB
    it doesnt look like it was corrupt, the installer would tell.

Nice i'm S.M.A.R.T, i managed to fix it by copy/pasting the installer from my pendrive together with the extracted files into my E drive root folder then run the installer from there and it worked :D

it turns out that the installer works only if the pendrive is plugged in and the installation remains incomplete in the Programs and Features window, i'll have to wait for AMD till they enhance their software to make it able install all drivers properly on a system drive other than C: if you guys want a install log i can share it here.

Another awful move from AMD... omg