AMD hdmi no sound

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Rudlin, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Rudlin

Rudlin Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970M
    Dear forum,

Please help me understand why is that my computer after it wakes up from sleep a second time it losses HDMI sound. Only by disabling and re-enabling AMD hdmi can I get it to work again.

It seemed that issue got worse lately as I have this computer for nearly a year and I didn't seem to notice anything like this before, though cleaning and reinstalling drivers didn't seem to help too much.

I'm running Windows 10 Home. Clean install and well kept system without any bloatware. Graphics card is: r9 390 Sapphire on Z97 Asus pro motherboard.

I've checked out similar issues which led to official MS support forums, best they can suggest is that to make sure it is set as a default device.

Any ideas appreciated.

2. Havel

Havel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    The same issue here. Also on Windows 10 but another card. Submit some feedback to AMD. I also turn off it in Device manager and re-enable it. It's an annoying bug.

3. Rudlin

Rudlin Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970M
    It seems so far I've got positive results by using AMD HDMI 10.0.0.2 drivers that came with 16.3.1 drivers, though it may be bit early to be certain for now.