AMD Gaming Evolved Client (Raptr)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by AMDMatt, Nov 18, 2014.

?

Do you like the Raptr APP installing with the Catalyst drivers? Do you use it?

1. I like the Raptr APP installing with the drivers and i use it

15.2%
  2. I like the Raptr APP installing with the drivers and i don't use it

4.3%
  3. I don't like the Raptr APP installing with the drivers but i do use it

14.5%
  4. I don't like the Raptr APP installing with the drivers and i do n't use it

65.9%
  1. stevvie

stevvie Member Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Pulse
    I just delete the folder before the drivers install, job done no more bloated Raptr that i'll never use :)

2. glitch203

glitch203 Banned

GPU:
    msi hd 6770 1go
    please amd delete it in driver i dont like it

3. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    It does have a couple of good things. It can stream to twitch in crossfire, obs can't do that by the way. It also has a decent chat overlay for twitch, only other program that has that is over wolf. It also gives very little performance hit while streaming.

On the other hand twitch streaming is crippled by a few things. The big one is you can't specify a specific resolution (I.e. 1080p or 729p) you can only specify percentages of your resolution, which sucks because it is limited to 100,50, and 25. So if you game at 1440p you can't stream at 1080p, because the percentage options won't let ya.

Its also very buggy, the latest patch for instance broke a few things for me.

So it needs work, and in the meantime I'll stick with other apps that do the same thing.

Gvr is cool though, but I can do that to ram in afterburner with less of as performance hit and for a longer time.

4. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I don't like it and I find it very annoying especially when it wants to update. Yes it can help newcomers to PC gaming but keep it as a separate install. To me this reminds me of Apple when they used to bundle QuickTime with Itunes which didn't help PC gaming when a particular game required an old version of quick time and you needed Itunes to put music or movies on your Idevice that method broke the game you were playing. The only part of this app that is good for Power users is telling you if your Video drivers are up to date. I think they should implement that portion of Raptr into the drivers.

5. velocityx

velocityx Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    the moment you enable the possibility for me to record in mantle multi gpu mode, I will be using it all the time. right now its kinda meh.

especially the social network stuff, twitch, I get that, but facebook? come on, focus on gaming, I dont need to brag about gaming, most of the people here are adults ffs.

6. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 980ti sc+
    No need for it and never install it. Did by accident once when it first started being bundled and caused some annoyances like always reinstalling itself even with custom installs (was not able to uncheck it).
    Also on a side note I notice "Allow web content" does nothing during driver installation. Ads still keep running through

7. Frances

Frances Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti
    It is annoying and intrusive. Hire a gamer that has programming exp, or one that knows what a gamer wants. Otherwise, just make a better GPU than nvidia.

8. Daemonjax

Daemonjax Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970 3GB
    It's less than useless (imo).

I don't know whether AMD is actually working with Raptr on this gimmick product -- as in diverting AMD resources. I hope not, but I haven't really looked into that aspect of it. It would bother me if any development time is wasted on it.

9. Constant

Constant Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS HD7990@1115 1.290v
    - Add radeonpro configuration capabilities
    - Add community shared configuration profiles so that once i install a new game it automaticaly downloads the best driver crossfire settings BASED ON TARGET VSYNC (in its current state it only downloads the best game settings )

Due to not having the above , i never install it , and use radeonpro instead.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  10. xermit

xermit Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980ti @ 1470
    +1 to This. We need detailed game profiles configuration.

To AMD: guys, please, support radeonpro! NV users has NVinspector, and we need similar app, radeonpro is good, and needs to be updated.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014

11. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    radeonpro guy is on the raptr team for AMD.

12. jamek

jamek Banned

GPU:
    R9 270x Gaming
    I think 68% is enough; we do not need Raptr, it is pointless.

tell AMD's Driver team to fix the damn driver, the stutter is comeback in certain games, they have to fix it such as they did last year (stutter, fram-pacing)..

In addition, instead of wasting time with raptr give us an updated version of Radeon pro. that's all what we need.

:pc1: :tool:

13. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    If you make a separate app for GVR recording.

14. Tnetennba

Tnetennba New Member

GPU:
    Amd 280x 3gb
    The couple times i've gone to the Raptr website, it's come across like one of those snake oil cosmetic companies making claims about their product. The before and after screenshots are laughable.
    Thus i'd give Raptr similar treatment to a virus if i found it on my system.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  15. fragba1t

fragba1t Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    I like the replay and record features, they work rather well (imo anyway!)

I have the program running all the time but don't really use it outside of recording.

The points idea is nice.

Optimize seems handy but I haven't used it.

And as others have said, I would LOVE Radeon pro features to be implemented soon!

16. InStars

InStars New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD7950
    I mainly use it to collect points for my free games >=]

17. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    The way the app uses game profiles to even allow you to use DVR, is completely stupid. It would be ok if it let you just select the .exe of the game, because the way it is right now the detection of Battle.net games is completely broken, and it's a pity.

18. WILDMAKC

WILDMAKC Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R7 260X
    I use it sometimes . Overall, a good program, waiting for her development . But complete with drivers is always old version...

19. Hardin

Hardin New Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 7950
    Sometimes the app makes strange suggestions for the graphics settings, but I have started using Raptr now instead of Xfire. I had Xfire for the longest time, but my friends don't get on it anymore.

20. xacid0

xacid0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    Gameplay recording is the only reason i use Raptr previously but it doesn't work with a couple of games that i play mostly and sometime it crashed my game so i uninstalled that **** after they ignored a few of my request/complaints in their forum for a peace of mind.