AMD FX-8150 hands on

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by QuinEtiam, Oct 13, 2011.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    ha, last i heard, the european commision was knee deep in intel's ass for price discrimination. i remember they tore microsoft a new one, so its only a matter of time before intel gets it.

2. qljiea784hl1

qljiea784hl1 New Member

GPU:
    Brand
    Hardware Heaven made Internet's dodgiest with a 9/10 and a bunch of rewards for the platform. It's embarrassing to behold

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700...
    That was said a couple pages back....

4. Snappy

Snappy Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    Yeah and Intel recently paid billions of dollars to AMD and Nvidia out of the goodness of there own heart. :rolleyes:

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    thats why they want everyone to believe

6. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Intel just paid out 1.5 billion to Nvidia as well....Big money even for Intel!

7. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090 G9 240Hz
    big money?

they operate at 10-15 billion per quarter or something like that last i checked

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    iirc intel made like $14 billion this past quarter with almost $4 billion of it being profit. nah, they aint hurting for money lol.

9. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    Here allow me

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ebay+hp+socket+478

10. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    Intel:stewpid: payed hard Media Markt and Saturn here in Germany to sell only Intel:stewpid: based **** and the skip completly AMD. I was wondering during 2002....2008 wtf is wrong here??? NO AMD 64 to buy?? Only Prescott:stewpid: and other bull CPUs from Intel:stewpid:,that you could burn your ass on it and waaaay below AMD perfomance!!!! THIS is the Nr 1 reason why Intel:stewpid: will NEVER get my money, not even if AMD will go totally broke (which will not gonna happen) and will be onyl Intel:stewpid: CPU's on the market.

btw....from the 2 Billion fine AMD only saw a few millions, the rest the EU (eurocrats:puke2: from Bruxelle) which in my opinion are only some over payed rats that do nothing all day. I and other millions of people here in EU, plead for the abrogation of all EU birocrats:puke2:.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011

11. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix RTX 2070
    Your loss, business is business you think AMD wouldn't do this to intel if the shoe was on the other foot? People in general will stab you in the back to make a buck it's no different in the corporate world. You're entitled to your opinion just a shame to miss out on really good technology just because of business practices.

12. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    hell my local shop had one for 70-80 last year. pci e, ddr2 667, it was a biostar worked flawlessly for a 478 prescott 3.0 even allowed overclocking. $400 bucks:wanker:

13. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    You're talking to a spambot...

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700...
    Please don't egg the idiot on....

And here I thought the people posting in English....could actually comprehend it....

Let me see if I can make it any simpler since you appear to have comprehension issues. I had to find the EXACT model motherboard that was installed by HP in the EXACT model HP Pavillion desktop the day HP assembled it. ONLY 1 site had that EXACT motherboard model in stock and wanted over $400USD for it and had a $350USD "core charge" on it.

I can't possibly make it any simpler than that. If you can't comprehend that....please find someone with the necessary intelligence to explain it to you verbally.

15. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Well, exactly my point.

If AMD are already having a hard time with a competitor due to underhanded practices, do they really need to do something that'd bury more of their reputation?
    With all the BD marketing spins, it just goes to show that they're fine with manipulating and spindoctoring benchmarks, because people like you would just be apologetic (with the Barcelona case) since Intel have done worse to AMD.

I never said Intel was in the right, I just said that just because Intel are mostly in the wrong side doesn't mean it's fine for AMD to also step in there.
    Moreover, when the Barcelona fiasco happened, it's not long after AMD openly criticized Intel for doing underhanded practices; talk about being a hypocrite.

16. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering

Sykosis: You haven't been doing this for long, have you. (that's not a question, it's a comment)
    You stand mighty high on your pedestal proclaiming lots of things that aren't necessarily correct, and I've never said anything to you before - but this is one of the most ridiculous statements that I've ever heard from you, and frankly, I can't just let it slide anymore.

You seem to have completely missed the point about your mistake with the motherboard replacement - most anyone that has much experience at all with hardware would understand that replacing a motherboard requires the same physical dimensions, the same socket, and not much else. Yet, you were "told" that you had to replace it with a certified HP product - this says to me that you actually called up HP and was told that was your only option - and you actually believed them. OR, you called up a computer repair shop that makes their money on the lack of knowledge of most people - and they told you what you were going to have to do. Or worse, you came up with the idea of a direct replacement all on your own, which is a very dangerous place to be - what if other people actually believed YOU?!

With any due respect, I can't take you seriously because of posts like the one I've quoted. Hopefully one day you'll look back at some of your posts and see them as other members do.
    Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Psychlone

17. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Insulting other forum members/this forum is bad *right now*.

18. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    It's not an insult if it's true — it's just a tactless way of wording things.

EDIT: Typed "this" instead of "things."

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  19. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Yup good for infraction. And I would know I have a few heh...

20. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    its not an infraction if what he said holds true, it was just a little harsh thats all.