AMD Fury X Owners' Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Fox2232, Jun 25, 2015.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    That's really impressive of the Fury. The latency improvements are huge too (and aligning with the better results we got in the 3D Mark API test driver).

2. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 Amp
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Ah, that looks beastly Shadow. Nice scores.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    yeah nice build!

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Some new & Updated Game Tests in DX11.1 & DX12

With AMD Radeon ReLiVe Crimson Edition 16.12.2 :)
    IMO my GPU still rocks (YES it's like Fine Wine :mhp: )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  6. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
  7. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
  8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Nice, that's about what I paid for my own Fury GPU (When it was heavily discounted.) which was the earlier Sapphire Tri-X variant, same cooler basically but reference PCB whereas this Nitro model uses a more custom one and supposedly going by what I've read it's a pretty good one too.

Still a gamble whether you'll reach above 1100 Mhz core and 545 Mhz HBM when it comes to overclocking though but good models of this can do that without too much extra voltage or you can go the other way and lower voltage while still keeping clock speeds and retaining stability.

Also varies depending on if it's the 1020Mhz model or 1050Mhz model, pretty sure the 1020 is lower binned but all Fury GPU's are lower binned far as I know compared to the full Fury X.

Also the Nitro model can not be unlocked like the Tri-X could, these have their cores locked in some other way.
    (Though the performance difference isn't that high in most cases and OC'ing the GPU might bridge that performance gap.)

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Some new & Updated Game Tests in DX11.1 & DX12
    continues:

With AMD Radeon ReLiVe Crimson Edition 16.12.2 (DEC edition IMO) :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  10. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    Funny as drivers keep maturing these cards keep chasing higher priced nvidia cards. Still so much potential with these card via drivers. Alot better then the r9 380/390s are doing.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    You need to remember that New H/W = New Driver :nerd: always !
    You can't expect that Brand new & Shiny will behave like ~10 Years Old architectures.

Therefore the New ATI/AMD Vega will need to mature also :) (Again ATI delivered brand new & shiny lol)
    That's why they can't compete with nvidiias counterparts when they arrives :eek:

ATI is build for Enthusiasts in mind, aimed for Next-Gen API (since GCN)

12. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    From all of those tests appears that dx12 seems to be complete fail...

They said - more visuals, less CPU stress, and more FPS! Future of gaming!

But

As we see...

13. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Indeed GREGIX. Please, elaborate on the failure more, I'm certain that all lead developers across many studios are interested in how the new APIs are failures.

[​IMG]

14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  15. BoMbY

BoMbY Guest

GPU:
    Fury X
    Is there any way to underclock the HBM on a Fury X, or limit its bandwidth?

I would like to do a comparison of Tonga XT with 32 CUs at 1000 MHz vs. a Fiji XT with 64 CUs at 500 MHz, which would give them both the same theoretical calculation performance. I think it would be really interesting to see how they scale over different resolutions.

My guess/expectation would be the Tonga XT @ 4 TFlops would be significantly faster at 1080p, and the Fiji XT @ 4 TFlops would be significantly faster at 4k resolutions. Only the memory would still make a lot of difference.

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The FuryX's HBM memory is far as I've read at least based on different "straps" though primarily when overclocking those are the stock 500Mhz, 545.45Mhz, 600Mhz and finally 666.66Mhz with anything else rounding off to the closest supported.

600 Mhz seems to be about as good as it gets and only the better binned Fury GPU's manage that, unsure about actual gains outside of benchmarks though as I couldn't find any.
    (545 is a bit more manageable but at worst you'd need to up memory voltage and I believe that's only doable via bios editing.)

Underclocking works the same as overclocking it though, in Afterburner just set unofficial overclocking mode to enabled and reboot and you should be able to adjust the memory clock speeds similar to how you adjust the core clock speeds via that program. :)
    (Well you can already see the memory clock speeds even without this but dragging the slider doesn't do anything.)

Assuming I remember it correctly that should be all, don't know much about underclocking HBM though and results of that but I assume others have tested it so it's probably just the same but lowering the speed instead of increasing it. :)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    I have different Opinion on how HBM scales
    IMO it scales every 5MHz so 500/505/510 and so on.
    I was some time ago conducting experiments (after reading this on OC forum) and its not 100% True.

On my side it was something like 5MHz steps clock.
    Also the Bandtwith is little higher than "only 512MB/s" -> IMO for deafault 1.3v 500MHz HBM have 640MB/s

It's only my Own research tho :grad:

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I never tried OC'ing the memory so you have more experience with it than I do, this is primarily based on I think it was the Overclock.net forum where they are also discussing bios editing. - http://www.overclock.net/t/1592384/fiji-bios-editing-fury-fury-x-nano-radeon-pro-duo

Original post about this was from a AMD community representative I believe (AMDMatt?) and then a lot of other posts after argued for and against this being the case but I don't know if aside from what the AMD guy said anything was ever definitively proven on how that works.

Even with "ReLive" or well "Wattman" from 16.12.x you still can't do HBM overclocking so AMD's position on that as unsupported hasn't changed so I doubt they'll give any specific details so it's mostly been a lot of experimentation and speculation though I haven't kept up with it that much either so I might have missed some newer information on this subject. :)

19. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Hmm, this is interesting, I've actually always had trouble OCing my card's memory, I found it would only oc in 5mhz increments, and naturally I thought as with any ocing, do it bit by bit and find out where it's stable. usually I found ocing the memory caused quite a fair bit of instability, I pushed as far as 520MHz and found I'd be getting blackscreens or outright crashes.

Now after reading this tidbit from Jonas:
    I decided, alright lets just try ocing to 545 and you know what? It worked and it didn't crash or give me a blackscreen, I then tried 600MHz and once again, it didn't crash but sadly, I was getting artifacts (green speckles etc).

The only conclusion I can draw is, ocing hbm is a little tricky and requires a different approach. - I guess this is also why the internal timings are important.

Sadly ocing my card's memory is pretty pointless, my card's gpu isn't a strong overclocker :( it's temps are great but it just can't be pushed that far at all. :'(

20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    HBM OCing need some additional juice (especialy when tMOD is used + OC).
    I found that 1.337v is Max for my Nitro -> and it make my OC stable.
    Note:
    That not every game is full stable at 570MHz (it is my Max OC) some games like:
    DooM Vulkan, DeusEx MkD DX12, TR RotTR DX12 are OK with 550Mhz.

All depends on Voltages, Drivers and API
    Ne01 Out