AMD Fury X Owners' Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Fox2232, Jun 25, 2015.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Thats exactly why there are mods (like me) who can give out infractions with a single snap of the fingers.

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    OK Something for everybody:

Old grat Scene Demos (i will in time upload more from my Eternalit HDD )

My Mega Scene Demos

Like always with Mega download through browser :pc1:

3s-Vegas Rulez (click on it when runs it must be windowed)

And all should work on WIN_X NP :hatty:

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Is ROTR not one of the best optimised DX12 games so far though, at least multi platform anyway.

Nearly everything else has horrible performance for everyone.
    Last i checked ROTR was doing well on AMD hardware and async only gives a small performance increase anyway.

4. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Hitman for me is way more optimised.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I'm taking visuals into account when comparing things, not just the highest framerate.

Hitman visually is not in the same league as ROTR.

6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Really?

Hands on with Hitman Episode 3: Marrakesh - New gameplay

I think both Games Have great Visuals, but HitMan is much Complicated one to display/render :nerd:

7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    That's actually right. It is quite failure to have game where most demanding thing to render is static terrain geometry. Hitman has many actors moving around, dynamic lighting on them. And on top of that, actors are not easy to cull type of geometry. So it actually can't be optimized by software.

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Ohh its not Failure on AMD XboX1 :) Looking OK and works Fair most of the Time THX to Async.
    We need to wait for Patches to FIX the GIMP :bang:
    In the mean time game will be 9.99USD :banana: GoTY

9. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Whats the highest possible overclock that anyone has achieved on this through voltage unlock??? on normal stock cooler? curious, I haven't been following the card for quite sometime.

Also, from the card's first release, did the driver showed big difference now then it first came out??? Any significant changes?

10. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Hey, my max OC (Fury) is 1150 on core. Can't handle more but i run mine on 1080 24/7. Boost is nice.

Yes, drivers have improved a lot. AMD tend to get more mileage out of their cards than Nvidia.

11. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 Amp
    The highest OC I have managed (though unstable) was 1225/590. Though I can maintain 1150/570 stable.

After making a custom bios with a +50mv offset on HBM I can maintain 600hz on memory stable.

12. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Is it worth using a modded bios?

I was tempted to use Fox's version but dont now if the "risk" is worth it to achieve a higher OC... right now im running on 1101/550 on default settings.

13. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 Amp
    The "safe voltage" consensus for HBM seems to be 1.356v and that is what a +50mv offset gives you. My Fury Tri X is under water so I never really hit or go over 50c so I know temps are more than safe.

As far as the prolonged side effects of increased HBM voltage goes, I don't think anyone has been running increased voltage long enough to give an answer.

14. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Lets take a game for example.

Crysis3 from first set of drivers and then the current drivers, how much improvement in fps %???

I am very curious cause I always wanted this card but the overclocking potential wasn't there, that's what pushed me back a bit and wanted to see later down the road if it could be tweaked later along with bios being modded and such.

If the overclock was improved as people was hoping for, I would have gotten two of these bad boys real fast, I know, 4gb vram however some videos shown that hbm uses less vram usage then the gddr5 counterpart, depending on game, this was amazing to see at least, probably has to do with memory compression.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  15. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Not really. Forza is running well, same with the (patched) Gears Ultimate. Warhammer seems to be doing nicely too, and I can't speak about Hitman.

16. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 Amp
    It is to tedious for me to go back and test with different drivers lol but as far as OCing potential you have to understand that Fiji scales differently than it's other AMD and Nvidia counter parts. People see maxwell and pascal with 300 and 400mhz OC and think any card that can't be pushed that far isn't a good OCer.

In uni-engine benchmarks such as valley and heaven I see about a 9 to 10 fps gain between my stock 1000/500 clocks and 1160/600. In AotS I see between 6 and 7 fps gains at all resolutions with my OC.

In Firestrike there is an 11 to 12 fps difference between stock and OC and almost 2500 point difference in graphics scores.
    http://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/8709827/fs/8704006

And keep in mind I unlocked some of the shaders on my fury so it has 3840 instead of the stock 3584. If I was to go back to a stock bios we are looking at another 1.5 to 2 fps loss in performance.

With Firestrike as a base, Stock card versus unlocked OCed card, there could be a potential 14fps difference and almost 3000 graphics score point difference.

That being said increasing the core clock on a maxwell chip of say Hawaii chip by 160 or 180Mhz wont yield close to the gains that a Fiji chip does.

RoTR is probably the worst running Dx12 title for me. Quantum Break, AotS, Forza, GoW, Hitman, all run a lot better for me.

17. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Comparing apples to oranges really.

Maxwell gains significantly more performance comparing max OC to the two. A 25% gain is not uncommon going from stock clocks to 1500.

18. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 Amp
    Well that's my point really. If I am not mistaken the reference clock for a 980ti is 1076 right?

With that in mind 1500 is what almost a 40% OC that yields 25% performance increase. Is that better than an 18% OC that is yielding 16% gains (according to FS)?

When you compare OC to performance ratios the Fury isn't a bad OCer imo.

19. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    1076 is the base clock i believe. Pretty much all 980tis have stock boost in the 1200s(regardless of what the cards specs say. Each one will boost differently)

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    base is 1006mhz, nvidia boost 1076mhz, real ~ 1170Mhz.

in one review I saw 1164MHz boost as effective sustained, imo that 1200Mhz was just a quick peak.

Mine auto boosts for 164Mhz (1178 to 1342), I remember old Kepler had 144Mhz (940 to 1084).

1080GTX boost3.0 has 250-350Mhz total boost.