AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution coming to 7 games at launch

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by CPC_RedDawn, Jun 18, 2021.

1. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    I'd be most happy to be proven wrong, but I don't think 4A is gonna do anything with FSR for this game. IF they do include FSR for the next Metro game, then I'd take that as a win for AMD GPU users.

2. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    afaik very few games implement advanced upscaling methods internally (quantum break comes to mind), its almost an after thought, most of the time its just bog standard bilinear or biqubic upscaling coupled with antialiasing or even just a blur filter, i can definitely see some interest in an off the shelf solution that can just be plugged in to produce better results on almost any hardware, especially if its cheap (performance wise).

3. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    Gonna camp around here for the next couple of days anxiously awaiting Hilbert's review of FSR. I'm steeling myself for some letdowns, but hopefully, PQ would be 'good enough' to pass.....we'll see soon enough.

4. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6900 XT
    Someone on Reddit post upcoming Radeon Software 21.6.1 beta driver since he "was" a AMD Radeon Software Vanguard Beta Tester.
    Reddit mod quickly deleted the thread and the download link was remove due to DMCA.

5. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    DLSS had a rough start and FSR will no doubt have teething problems. One of the really great things about FSR is you don't need an expensive GPU to be able to use it. It's the one downside of DLSS, is you need a 2060 minimum.

6. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800XT
    @NvidiaFreak650 Do you know what nick/name he have or have link to removed thread?

7. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    Hmm, gonna hit the sack a little later, hopefully, when I awake, Hilbert would have released his FSR review. No, wait, I did the numbers for the time zone, it'd probably be tomorrow night here in my neck of the woods before I can see any sort of review.

8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    We have no idea what games have what type of agreements with either company (AMD/Nvidia). Some games might have more input/work done by either company and the more work/the more time and money they give/pump into a game could lead to stricter rules for the developer to follow. Leading to some games not supporting one tech or the other.

Out of the games you mentioned I can see CDPR including FSR as they already have both DLSS and FidelityFX. As for Control and Metro, I think these two games are so closely tied to Nvidia that it would be very unlikely FSR gets included.

9. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT 16GB
    What the hell are you talking about? I play good FPS on these games with RT on. 3840x1080 144hz avg 70+ fps 6800xt. And in single player games, 60fps is perfectly fine.

Undying likes this.
  10. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6900 XT

11. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    calm down hotpants and read the thread
    there's a guy with 6900xt posting his own benchmark

60 is fine,but it could be more,especially for a shooter on a high end card.
    https://www.purepc.pl/test-wydajnos...icznych-nvidia-geforce-i-amd-radeon?page=0,12
    with dlss 2070S can do the same as 6800xt,still think you don't need FSR for MEE ?
    https://www.purepc.pl/test-wydajnos...icznych-nvidia-geforce-i-amd-radeon?page=0,13

12. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    Sure, games with RT enabled would sure as heck use a boost with FSR, the problem is, 4A is knee deep in DLSS (probably a handshake deal between them and nVidia), so it doesn't look likely they'd extend FSR support, whether by choice or obligation, I can't say.

I play Metro Exodus PC EE on my rig, and framerate is acceptable and pretty smooth 99% of the time, there're occasions where I'd notice that my card does struggle at 3840x1080, Ultra Quality, RT at High, Reflections Raytraced, Advanced PhysX enabled.

So sure, I would love to see FSR enabled for Metro Exodus PC Enhanced, but I sincerely doubt it as nVidia has prolly locked in 4A into DLSS and they'd prolly used nVidia cards to optimize RT so performance isn't great on RX 6000 cards. I sure as hell would love to be proven wrong on this though....

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/o61yc4/using_fsr_amd_virtual_super_resolution_or_nvidia/

A test using NVIDIA DSR (Or it'd also work with AMD VSR.) together with FSR and comparing image quality and performance gains or losses.
    Reads like it'd be pretty useful, getting good quality particularly with scalability for 1920x1080 although 2560x1440 probably has some room before the current GPU's start hitting their limits. :)

Godhand007 and OnnA like this.
  14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    And more info from AMD.
    Taken from: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/o6jpsr/amd_fidelityfx_super_resolution_page_updated_with/

https://gpuopen.com/fidelityfx-superresolution/

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  15. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    DOTA 2 received FSR upgrade and support.

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
  17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  18. MrX1980

MrX1980 Member

GPU:
    GV-N1060IXOC-6GD