AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution coming to 7 games at launch

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by CPC_RedDawn, Jun 18, 2021.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
  2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
  3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
  4. Truder

Truder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    Although it might be useful to have this dedicated thread to it in the future?

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    With Tweaks or other usefull things ;)

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Is it just me or the list is kinda disappointing?

There will be no game to test on launch besides godfall.

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    And Terminator: Resistance.

Yeah pretty limited scope but DLSS wasn't exactly popular at launch either.

Godhand007, Undying and Maddness like this.
  8. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    im surprised too
    tbh it's a weird choice
    only one big game on the list,FC6
    no metro,no control,no cp2077 - not even on the coming soon list

3.8 user score on meta

I do have terminator resistance tho,very nice game,1070 could do 60-70 fps at 1440p max,curious to see if there's any point to using a spatial upscaler.I would appreciate even a 10-15% performance increase,but I wouldn't like to drop the image quality even by 10-15%.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    Undying likes this.
  9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    There is a FC6 and RE8 coming those can be interesting testing.

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Yeah but dlss had control, metro atleast.

11. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    But neither of those were that good at launch. I turned it off in both games. Now's a different story though. Give it time, i'm sure Fidelity FX will be good.

Eripsa, AsiJu, CPC_RedDawn and 2 others like this.
  12. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    dlss was there to let you play with rt on
    while dlss 1.00 was pretty bad,at least raytraced GI+AO in metro looked fantastic

13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    The games you listed are basically EOL now, meaning the devs are not really pushing any more updates to the game. Metro just had a rerelease so they are working on that whilst moving onto their next project. Control is pretty old now and is one of the most heavily Nvidia sponsored titles. And CP2077 is a disaster, the devs are focusing so much on actually fixing the game they will probably never have time to implement something like this and with rumours pointing to CDPR cancelling DLC the game is basically dead.

What you need to pay attention too is the developer support list.

With big names like CAPCOM, Crystal Dynamics, Reblion, Perfect World, Farm 51, EA, Gearbox, Obsidian, Turtle Rock, Unity, Valve, Avalanche, Ubisoft, and Warner Bros.

These are some big developers/engines who make a wide variety of games. This is excellent news so far for as far as initial support goes.

14. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    i can't understand this logic,are amd and amd rx6000 card owners fine with not (ever) being able to play metro ee,control and cp2077 with ray tracing on at acceptable framerates ? cause they're not from the year fsr came out ?
    first of all that's cause fsr took a long while after rx6000 launch.
    metro ee just came out,cp2077 is relatively new and might get expansions,control is eol but definitive edition is relatively fresh and eol status doesn't change the fact those are all fantastic looking games.it was understandable on rdna1,but I thought rdna2 will get to use both hw accelerated rt along something resembling dlss in those,cause rt acceleration alone is not enough,even on a 3080 you need dlss.

TimmyP and OnnA like this.
  15. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Its the same logic applied to DLSS1.0, it came out with limited support and looked like trash. The same will more than likely happen with FSR but over time it will get better.

Also asking for FSR on day ONE in three games (control, cb2077, and metro) TWO of the three are heavily Nvidia sponsored titles and one is currently still a complete mess and also has some form of Nvidia backing is a little bit of a stretch. Much like it would probably be a stretch to ask for DLSS in RE8, an AMD sponsored game.

During the disaster that DLSS1.0 launch I don't remember hearing or seeing a list of developers that were on board with the new tech, it seemed like only a select few were trying it out in their games. Which is also probably the reason why AMD never bothered to create their own or took DLSS seriously at first.

This list of devs for FSR is a great indication of what is coming in the future and if the tech mature well enough then even more devs will use it thanks to its vast hardware support. I don't think I've ever seen a new tech be instantly adopted and instantly come out with tons of support, it takes time.

Also hardware will progress, so yes AMD users will be able to enjoy the games you mentioned with RT on with good performance on future cards. Heck who knows maybe FSR is so good those devs give in and just add in FSR, but Nvidia might have something to say about that.

16. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    yes to looking wack
    no to logic
    dlss 1.0 got updated to 2.0 and metro looks amazing now
    if fsr never gets into metro,cp2077 or control,then it's definitely not same logic.

blah blah blah it's nvidia who's always responsible when amd drag their feet
    look,re8,they can make an amd sponsored game run fine on nv hardware if they make an effort.
    not as good as amd cards,but still absolutely playable.worst case scenario 50fps on 2080ti.
    it's not 20fps in metro EE on 6800xt.
    https://www.purepc.pl/test-wydajnos...e-kart-graficznych-radeon-i-geforce?page=0,10

17. Godhand007

Godhand007 Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6900 XT
    With the exception of CPY2077, all games you have listed are playable at ultra settings with acceptable framerates at 1440p (Can't speak for 4k,8k, or 16k) despite being heavily sponsored by Nvidia.

18. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    no idea since all I'm basing it on is youtube,but 4K Ultra RT on 6800xt runs between 20 and 30 fps

starts around 4:00

I can't imagine 1440p is gonna produce near 60,unless you start lowering rt resolution and quality of GI.maybe on some medium rt preset and 1440p.....

looking at more videos from this channel,he has a 6800xt and 2080ti
    2080ti 4K dlssq ultra rt runs about the same as 6800xt 1440p rayracing high,somewhere around 50 fps avg.

19. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    If you had a more powerful GPU, you wouldn't need DLSS. or FSR.

Godhand007 likes this.
  20. Godhand007

Godhand007 Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6900 XT
    Here is Metre EE on 6900XT (Average OC) with acceptable framerates (more than 50 FPS) in the default benchmark which is supposed to be more demanding than most of the game. This is with Nvidia sponsored tech like Hairworks and Physx on as well.

Undying and cucaulay malkin like this.