AMD Embraces Gamers With AMD Rewards Program

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by 4960X, Feb 19, 2014.

1. meth curd

meth curd Active Member

GPU:
    2080TI FE
    i have an amd card so i love this unconditionally. also death to nvidia etc

2. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    whom you meant then? You don't feel right when other shouting "NVidia fanboys", right? no? my bad?

Hi five! I am not bothered with both. But why I have to be confused?

Why not? If AMD can benefit from people who have no idea what video settings are, I am fine with it. And if the person is having fun by clicking adds and buying hardware... why not?
    As for me, I don't care. I can understand game video settings. No need for middle software to mess with it.

You are not ok with it, cause it has ads and rewards?

edit: quoting is hard.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    WOW ^ this right here just needed to be quoted.

And this one.

These are the AMD fanboys that most of us are talking about such complete closed minded ramblings.

4. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    @sverek
    Did you miss the first page? Posts #10, #11, and #18 are prime examples.

You must have been confused because you proceeded to explain what the rewards program was for, then suggest I was jealous with my 'fanaticism' because I don't have the same option.

Yes I am not ok with it because of the ads and rewards. Mostly the rewards from Raptr. I should assume that you have not read the article.

Let me break it down.
    "... giving AMD Radeon graphics and AMD APU-based PC gamers the chance to redeem points earned within the AMD Gaming Evolved application for prizes."
    "... It's really great to be able to reward players for all the time and effort they've invested in playing games ..."

Two things done here. Incentivises people to use the program regardless if they actually need it or not. And incentivises people to play more of (or only play) AMD evolved games. AKA, games that AMD had put ads in. Essentially turning those games into a site like SwagBucks, it can be very addictive for a lot of people. A friend of mine did SwagBucks for a good 2 years and managed to get a $20 pair of headphones out of it. Wasted so much time. But the mentality is you have already put in so much time, the real waste would be to stop now, and the more time you invest the more time you waste and the more SwagBucks (or AMD/Raptr) makes. It's a crappy thing for a company to do. Especially when AMD can make money in a much better way, it's a real sheit business tactic and they don't need to stoop that low.

It may not be you, but someone will fall for it. And they will play the crap out of an AMD evolved game, and keep playing it even though they would have normally moved on. Once you see "you got 3 points!" it sucks in some people. And sure, maybe 5000 points and 2-6 years later you can get a new AMD evolved game to play the crap out of, to then get enough points get the next... I think you see my point. But did you really enjoy playing the crap out of that game all that time? Need proof? Scroll up and read what mcfart said, being angry that they made points harder to get requiring lots of time to get anything.

Maybe it's a typo and the rewards program works for all games. It's a little better, but not by much. Imagine a 15 year old staying up past his or her bed time because they just saw "you got 5 points!" from playing a game. And then the next day. And the next year. Then you are simply playing all your games not for fun but to get points. It might not be you, and it probably wont be you, maybe you do end up using the program but you just play normally and if you happen to get a few points over time, it's all the same to you. But not everyone works like that, there will be someone. Some people see that message and it triggers something. And Raptr is betting it will be enough someones to make it worth implementing. And they will probably be right. This crap is done all the time by much shadier companies then AMD.

5. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I'd say meth curd was just being sarcastic due to the situation.

Raptr/GFE is great for new gamers that don't know about settings. I know GEForce Experience visually highlights what settings are/do which helps with understanding things like different AA methods, shadows , AO, etc. Also there are many users that enjoy streaming, ShadowPlay is being used quite a bit with the Twitch/video streams. More capabilities for users, the better.
    Have to agree with harkensteven though, AMD need more original ideas.

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Lmao, what does that have to do with anything, the only fanboy here is you.

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Your the one that claimed they don't create anything. It's okay you can embrace your inner fanboy.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    No sherlock, I didnt clam anything, read to what I responded in the first place, then start calling people names ok?

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Again you are throwing out wild acusation only at Nvidia. Yet this GeForce Experiance clone gets a pass. Freesync too. The closed Mantle also you still claim it's open when it is not currently open to Nvidia. You buy into everything AMD feeds you. If you don't see that yourself then I feel sorry for you.

10. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    This slide made me laugh as well.

I guess it would technically be possible to go from one to the other...

320x240 switched to 1920x1080 anybody?

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    WDF is wrong with you, why do you care what I have to say? Get over it. No I feel sorry for you.

And its true they can't create much (SW wise) that guy who claimed all that was spot on, what are you gonna do about it a, cry me another river.

12. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I'd rather just build you a new bridge.

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    lol what ever, lets get back on topic now.

heh sometimes I really wish there was a 3rd gpu maker in the scene, this amd vs nvidia defending is so stupid, especially if there it hate going on.
    Imo both are ripoff artists.

14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    This I actually agree with whole heartedly.

15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Intel GMA:D

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Hey my fellow blues brother

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    AMD, NVidia, Intel, Matrox and S3..... looks like there's 5. It's just that only 2 are even worth discussing at this point. Would be a bit different if Intel would finally get serious about graphics and start building cards around Iris Pro, but that will likely never happen.

Matrox is for business users that need multiple displays.... And then there's S3....who might as well be out of business as they haven't released a new GPU for more than half a decade now and their product support is nearly non-existant. For gaming, they're a waste of money.

18. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Why would Nvidia users be jealous of this software? It's just a copy of GeForce experience which we've had for months now.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I know its more, but like you said only 2 are worth mentioning.

Yeah Intel should have continue with that Larabee project.

20. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    If Intel were to throw themselves head first into the GPU segment and be successful at it that may not be good for AMD.