1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD E-450 APU with Radeon HD 6320 Integrated Graphics - How to Increase VRAM ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Catalyst Drivers Section' started by JACKAL HAWK, Jul 16, 2016.

1. JACKAL HAWK

JACKAL HAWK Member

GPU:
    RADEON HD 6320 384mb
    sony vaio y series vpcyb35ag - AMD E-450 APU with Radeon HD 6320 Integrated Graphics - How to Increase VRAM ? is There any modded bios out there, Can someone help me. My Radeon HD 6320 has only 384 mb of VRAM..

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX
    It has shared memory. So to actually increase Vram you'll have to add more system ram.

3. JACKAL HAWK

JACKAL HAWK Member

GPU:
    RADEON HD 6320 384mb
    I have 8 gb system ram installed ,The actual VRAM is only 384 and the shared system memory is 3567. The Total VRAM on dxdiag is 3951..

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX
    Well, the card will use system ram when it runs out of dedicated vram. That's all there is to it. No other way man... :)

5. JACKAL HAWK

JACKAL HAWK Member

GPU:
    RADEON HD 6320 384mb
    but i saw someone increase the dedicated vram VRAM from 384 to 2048 using a modded bios hack but it was an asus Laptop.. may be there is a modded bios for sony out there but I cant find any one who has it.....

6. mysteriously

mysteriously Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti 4GB
    mirh likes this.
  7. JACKAL HAWK

JACKAL HAWK Member

GPU:
    RADEON HD 6320 384mb
  8. mysteriously

mysteriously Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti 4GB
    Sorry, I'm not familiar with this kind of bios...

9. Swinger2

Swinger2 Member

GPU:
    HD 7670M
    Integrated GPUs don't have dedicated memory, they only use RAM. 384 MB is a segment of system memory that can only be used by GPU (so your system can use only 7,6 GB of RAM instead of 8GB) and when it's overfilled GPU uses up to 3567MB more. So your GPU does actually has 3951MB of "VRAM" as it said in dxdiag.

Sorry for bad English.

10. JACKAL HAWK

JACKAL HAWK Member

GPU:
    RADEON HD 6320 384mb
    is there any other way to increase the 384 MB segment of system memory that can only be used by GPU ?

11. pimpineasy

pimpineasy Master Guru

GPU:
    1050ti/Rx570
    dude you have to learn how to hack a bios! first step is to find out your bios be it phenox or award or w/e **** locked down crap. then google that **** probably gonna have to learn about hex editing as well. next time buy an asus laptop if your into modding this is well know fact. maybe msi may have decent bios as well.however, sony,hp,lenovo, gateway, dell, etc are so closed source never give them your money!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    cookieboyeli likes this.
  12. mysteriously

mysteriously Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti 4GB
    I don't think so. The 384MB are reserved at post state.
    Hmm... what are you trying to achieve anyway? What for?

BTW: E-450 is really ****ty APU. It's 5 years old low-end netbook chip

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  13. JACKAL HAWK

JACKAL HAWK Member

GPU:
    RADEON HD 6320 384mb
    I can play GTA V smoothly with this kind of CPU with some performance Mods and tweak fps mods and Modded drivers. All I want is to increase the VRAM to add more Frame rate... well can you help me mod My bios to increase VRAM?

14. pimpineasy

pimpineasy Master Guru

GPU:
    1050ti/Rx570
    upgrade to a8 its like $70 with my mobo i even have new sockets
    2 USB 3.1 10Gb/s (1 Type-A + 1 Type-C)
    m.2
    <<
    even a8-6410 mobile chip should be able to find in a laptop less then $300
    although, id try and get a10 because the newer apu downclock cpu when gpu is in use because of power draw & heat. when looking for laptop make sure that it supports ddr. even if the cpu does sometimes oem use chipset that doesn't offer it.

like i said earlier your going to have to learn how to mod bios on your own. that apu is legacy on top of that it was never really popular anyway even though i had the barebones embedded version.

moreover, increasing vram isnt gonna give you magical fps its main use is for increasing screen resolution which would probably lower your fps.
    i dont even use 2048mb on a apu that is like 10x more performance it also leaves my pc with 5gb of usable ram which means i can multitask less.

if you wanna try and get more performance you might wanna try dickin around with RAM Disk but you probably want a minimum of 16gb ram

read about lib coreboot and ****
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=open+source+bios

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 470
    E-450 is a BGA processor. How is he supposed to upgrade it?

16. pimpineasy

pimpineasy Master Guru

GPU:
    1050ti/Rx570
    by putting that laptop on craigslist

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 470
    Might as well go for something with an Intel processor then....lol. I just replaced my Lenovo with A8-6410 last night. Got an Asus with Pentium N3700. Huge improvement.

18. JACKAL HAWK

JACKAL HAWK Member

GPU:
    RADEON HD 6320 384mb
    I dont know how to mod bios, That's why I'm looking someone here to help me.

19. pimpineasy

pimpineasy Master Guru

GPU:
    1050ti/Rx570
    what you hitting on 3dmark?im not caught up on intels naming scheme since i move on from atom, but i do know that at some point their HD sort of catched up to igpu of amd in recent years. i mostly just use mine for afk vendors in mmos lmao. or messin with my android roms. They also never gave the lenovo a8-6410 ddr which hurt its igpu performance a lot. mullins seemed to be a tablet cpu i think file naming hints at and the creators linkedin profile.

I still think this gen a-series was a joke re-brand of a bunch of garbage. they should of sold nothing but a10. since 2012-16 processors should be hitting at least 2.2ghz for min performance. even qualcomm finally figured out a simple if statement. if less then 2.2ghz user experience sucks nuts often. yes we all need good low power p states but **** dont sell me a 2.4ghz processor really just a optimized 1.4ghz. granted at 1.4ghz i can do some decent workloads but this isnt the performance area they market on the box. it shouldn't say 2.2ghz with 2.4ghz boost it should say 1.4ghz with 2.4ghz boost.

@JACKAL HAWK we understand that! everyone here has given advice
    1. increasing vram on your cpu is a waste of time
    2. think about finding a low cost upgrade that should net you like 5x performance minimum. takes 10 mins on craigslist. Pentium N3700, A8-6410, A10
    3. Enlighten yourself with c#, hex editing, etc. maybe give it a go for a few hours and then report where you get stuck?
    4. buy asus laptop if you want to download files.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  20. JACKAL HAWK

JACKAL HAWK Member

GPU:
    RADEON HD 6320 384mb
    I didnt buy this laptop, it's only a X'mas gift given to me way back 2012.
    I just want to increase the VRAM size to 2048 mb , but the problem is the bios cannot be unlocked, I tried AMIBCP 4.53 to unlock it but it doesnt work..