AMD Driver Nov 3 smooth Battlefield 3 gameplay

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by marthand, Nov 9, 2011.

1. mao5

mao5 Guest

even worse than 11.10WHQL+CAP4

2. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Great in BF3 for me with CAP4, no stuttering, high fps and i swear the image is sharper too. (better than prev3 for me)

3. MorSage

MorSage Member

GPU:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=352589

4. dinodadog

dinodadog Member

GPU:
    2 x xfx6870
    seem to be smoother still get fps drops in parts of maps but rest seem ok.
    few green flickers but nothing huge.

5. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I'm using this, and had copied over the rest of the Apps (and the newer OpenCL) from the 18 Oct 8.892 drivers.

I uninstalled the 8.892's (18 Oct) since I was was having the GPU recover feature kick in when playing Dead Island. This is understandable since they are an earlyish beta driver. Also note the ATI HDMI driver, depsite being the same version, is different in this package than in the 8.892's. The file size for the .sys file is different for a start! This isn't unusual, its been the case with the some of the display driver files with different releases despite being same file versions.

I would very much still be interested in future beta drivers. Its about trying them out and finding what works for you :) BTW, the mirrow links are censored!

Luckily this time the download worked, earlier when I tried the depositfiles link it didn't.

6. FrostMTG

FrostMTG Member

GPU:
    Radeon 5850 1GB
    Just tried it with my radeon 5850 @ 880/1150.

First of all, all you hating cry babies need to get out, nobody has time to deal with you guys.

Second of all, marthand confirmed for sexy tier. At first I was getting green glitches and graphical anomalies with this set of drivers, but I uninstalled using Atimans uninstaller, reinstalled it again, performance was beautiful.

One thing that this driver broke was CCC, but I use ATI tray tools anyways.

I tested Damavand peak on ultra settings, 40-50 FPS. Then I joined a populated server with about 50 people, drove a vehicle around, still on ultra settings (all settings on except Anti aliasing deferred) and 30-40 FPS. Never dipped below 30.

Radeon 5850, you haven't let me down yet :banana:

7. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Guest

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz
    frostMTG: how much voltage to yur 880mhz clock? man once i used drivercleaner it destroys my system, i use CCC a lot, in respect everything below 50-55fps is not good for me.. i made ultra for meshes, effects, terrain only, other to high and get 60fps, with minimal 51 but only sometimes...i have 5850 at 848mhz 1.112volt. waiting for some stable AMD bf3 wonder driver :))

and BTW. its too early to even benchmark bf3 mp because server can lower your FPS actualy, so unless some stable serverwill be released its irelevant :)

8. amieneel

amieneel Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 + 240 GT PhysX
    11.10 prew 3, no cap, is still working great for me ..

9. diogo_cme

diogo_cme Guest

GPU:
    MSI Cyclone 6850 OC
    About about this one? Anyone tried?

10. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Guest

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz
    sure its 11.10 final...no better than 11.10 preview1 for me atleast

11. Brandon_34

Brandon_34 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 690GTX
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  12. FrostMTG

FrostMTG Member

GPU:
    Radeon 5850 1GB
    1.112 Volt for my 880 overclock.

And on your last comment, great, my FPS will be even higher on the right servers then haha.

13. tnynyn

tnynyn Member

GPU:
    XFX 6870 CF
    Works great. Finally got CF to work properly. Uninstalled all ATI then use ATI Man uninstaller, restarted, reinstalled this and caps4. BF3 rocking avg 60 fps on 2560x1600 with MSAA and blur off and everything else ultra

14. rone

rone Member Guru

Worse IQ ina BF3 than previous 8.911 (111025a). RadeonPro is reporting few FPS more, but it feels like severe input lag is introduced. Explosions are not realistic, because happened part of a second later then expected and they lost their dynamic (like rapid gases expansion, sound synchronization) too. Something is gone very bad with lighting's and colors. No more Sun blinding rays and HDR colors.

15. V-FrIeNd

V-FrIeNd Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750Ti
    Great driver.
    I try with laptop (6520G + 6650M CrossFire) install this driver with 11.9 cap4.
    BF3 crossfre work fine .
    and very smooth play.

16. Zoixy

Zoixy Guest

GPU:
    Ati HD6990
    Made the game how I expected it too look and feel. Thank you very much.

So I take it the green flashes in bf3 is DICE's problem?

I'm running settings on ultra, AA with edge detect 12xEQ, all settings on application with a 6990, temps dropped to 75 degrees from 81, both gpu's running without having to alt tab and back again.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  17. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Guest

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz
    its too early to judge the drivers... first dice needs to solve server and client also after first major patch we can count fps, and the guy above with lag proiblem...you described what lagy server do, so i doubt it was driver symptom...
    maybe will try this one...if 11.11 will be crapy

18. masterofevil22

masterofevil22 Guest

GPU:
    MSI6950 Unlocked 850/1400
    I'm on the official 11.10 and BF3 still crashes occasionally for me too. Also, sometimes i will get into the game and have no sound (considering dedicated sound, but when sound does work it sounds phenomenal with the on-board). I've got a Sabertooth 990FX board with a Realtek® ALC 892 audio chip.

BTW, game looks PHUKING AWESOME on Ultra 1080p, Smoooth FPS with my sys :D ~47fps avg

19. Johnny Rook

Johnny Rook Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780 3Gb
    Just to say the Catalyst 11.11 drivers + Profiles 11 CAP1) solved the Crossfire issues I was experiencing in BF3 (no more ALT+ENTER); everything works just fine now. I play for almost one hour and I haven't experienced any FPS drops, lags, nor stutterings in BF3 neither.
    But, then again, maybe I didn't pass trough any problematic parts and need more time to confirm 100% the random FPS drops and lag went away in BF3.

20. evohan

evohan Guest

GPU:
    Asus DCU2 GTX670 4GB SLI
    smooth ? not difference from 11.10 prev. ver. 2