AMD driver crash on Minecraft

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Gotxi, May 29, 2019.

1. Gotxi

Gotxi New Member

GPU:
    RX 480
    Hello all!
    I play Minecraft with mods (FTB Infinity Evolved) and it crashes when i aim the camera onto my monster farm.
    If i look elsewhere it runs fine. this is the crash log: https://pastebin.com/TDPi1cxd

I already updated my AMD drivers to the last version, and cleaned the shaders.
    I am also using the latest FTB Infinity Evolved version.

Any ideas why this happens?

Details:
    About what i have in my monster farm: 2 cursed earth farms. One with grinder and another with a mob grinder (draconic evolution). Also a third farm with wither skeleton spawner (with mob essence from the grinder) and water flow that pushes the skeletons into an autonomous activator with beheading 8 sword.
    also 2 vacuum hoppers to grab items and exp from 2 of the farms if that helps.

i have not changed anything and it ran perfectly this last week, but now suddenly crashes every time i look into that zone.

2. R41DZ3R0

R41DZ3R0 Member

GPU:
    797o xfire
    gosh.. u scares so much with that cursed monster farms, pure evil i must say... lol
    ..joke aside,about u'r driver.. r u using some tweaking like AMD Registry Editor or perhaps Radeon Mod utility and touch their setting regarding 'disabling DMAcopy or BlockWrite'? i cant sure if this was the issue..
    ...that creapy farm lol ..peace :)

3. Gotxi

Gotxi New Member

GPU:
    RX 480
    Thanks for your reply :)

Nope, i am not using anything extra but the amd Drivers. I have not installed even radeon relive, just the plain drivers.
    I have reinstalled them, same issue. I also used DDU and installed them again from scratch, same issue again :(

4. R41DZ3R0

R41DZ3R0 Member

GPU:
    797o xfire

5. R41DZ3R0

R41DZ3R0 Member

GPU:
    797o xfire
    it's not AMD's fault eventually :)
    that evil farm..lol

6. Gotxi

Gotxi New Member

GPU:
    RX 480
    Thanks for the input! however that stacktrace is not the same problem i am having. On the link you provided the person has a problem with d3d9.dll (directx 9) and his stacktrace is:

Java frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code)
    j sun.java2d.d3d.D3DGraphicsDevice.getDeviceCapsNative(I)I+0
    j sun.java2d.d3d.D3DGraphicsDevice.access$000(I)I+1
    j sun.java2d.d3d.D3DGraphicsDevice$1.run()V+8
    v ~StubRoutines::call_stub
    j sun.awt.windows.WToolkit.eventLoop()V+0
    j sun.awt.windows.WToolkit.run()V+58
    j java.lang.Thread.run()V+11
    v ~StubRoutines::call_stub

Which are java errors. (j = interpreted)
    My problem however is:

Stack: [0x00000000025f0000,0x00000000026f0000], sp=0x00000000026ed8d0, free space=1014k
    Native frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code, C=native code)
    C [atio6axx.dll+0x148ab66]
    C [atio6axx.dll+0x1352295]
    C [atio6axx.dll+0x1353658]
    C [atio6axx.dll+0x1350e73]
    C [atio6axx.dll+0x817a4a]
    C [atio6axx.dll+0x8edef2]
    C [atio6axx.dll+0xee5528]
    C [atio6axx.dll+0xee5728]
    C 0x0000000006d5778a

Which is related to ati drivers (atio6axx.dll) on native code (C= native code)

Thanks for the help though :)

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the problem is you're using OpenGL with AMD.

8. Gotxi

Gotxi New Member

GPU:
    RX 480
    There is no DirectX on minecraft, it works with openGL. It worked perfectly for some months until last week. Besides waiting to upgrade to new drivers is there something i can do?

9. Only Intruder

Only Intruder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    Try reverting to an older driver? Or maybe latest version of minecraft has introduced some bugs?

I play minecraft and the latest version is quite frustrating for performance as Optifine hasn't been updated to support 1.14.2 yet but I can mirror was Astyanax is saying, Minecraft runs fairly poorly on AMD GPUs thanks to OpenGL - friends I play with who have similar CPU set ups but objectively poorer nVidia GPUs (such as 770, 970 and 1050 ti) have better framerates with Minecraft than my Fury achieves.

Looking at that crash log though, it appears it's bugging out with certain textures and I'm inclined to think it's related to the mod you're using

10. Gotxi

Gotxi New Member

GPU:
    RX 480
    I reverted to an old driver, i gained some performance in overwatch but i still experience the minecraft crash :(

11. Gotxi

Gotxi New Member

GPU:
    RX 480
    So i fixed it by deleting the entire FTB game and reinstalling it.
    After further testing, i found out the custom textures (sphax) i put on, got somewhat corrupted and caused that hang.
    After installing them from scratch or using default textures it works perfectly.

Thank you all for your time!