AMD DirectX 11 DEMO VIDEO!! ( FINALY!!!) from quakecon

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by UnrealGaming, Aug 18, 2009.

1. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    Windows 7 will be released next month, Vista will also support DX11.
    Vista + Windows 7 combined have already overtaken XP in gamers computers even though Windows 7 is not yet officially released.

2. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    still it will take at least 10 months to be stable............
    try to remember the transition time between 10 and 9.0c even ps 2.0b(dx 9.0b) to ps3 ( 9.0c ). ................ so better wait for 10 months at least if dont want to through ur money to the garbage........ if u have at least 9 series (even 8 series ) enough. if u have more, like gtx series card next 1 year is granted.

3. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    current dx10 cards will support many of the new dx11 features
    developers are actually eager to move to dx11 since it brings many useful new features
    dx10 was not as popular as hoped because of slow acceptance of Vista and some important features being cut from final specification because of nvidia.

4. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    I agree that it takes some time to adapt. Windows 7 needs to be sold as well. This time Vista users can run the new DX too. So, the situation might be better than the transition from XP to Vista. As a matter of fact I already have DX11 running on Vista x64. But yes, we at Guru3D are not the average gamer, though.

At least I can wait buying W7 and use that money to buy a DX11 card. That's probably why I think the situation is better. For DX10 you needed to upgrade both your OS and hardware. Now only hardware will be enough if you run Vista. And such games will probably support DX10 hardware too.

For the time being that's good enough: Hilbert's tests showed that games running on Vista and W7 perform about the same. It would be great to see a test in the future that compares Vista and 7 running DX11. But somehow I think by that time most of us gamers will be running W7 anyway. Hehe.

5. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    Are you sure? Does it say DirectX 11 in dxdiag?

6. Pyr0

Pyr0 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FTW3
  7. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Guest

GPU:
    Yup. See above. My DXDiag looks much the same.

8. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    I see now, but platform update is still in beta.

9. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  10. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Guest

GPU:
    Microsoft will roll out the final version at the same time as W7 will be introduced. At least they said they would.

11. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT

Yeah I did the update few days ago. DX11 features look's nice! Looking forward to new game's with it.

Btw, Hi Pyr0 ;)

12. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    I want comparisons to DX10 before I make any decisions. Likewise, I want to see FPS difference between DX10 and DX11 using the card, and I want to run DX10 on a 4890 and see how different FPS is in DX10 mode between the two cards.

In short: Not making judgment until I see side by side comparisons.

13. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    So? As long as XP has significant (>20%) market share, every single game will be built on a DX9.0c backbone. Nevermind the glut of cheap DX10/10.1 compatable hardware on the market, the time (and money) it takes to upgrade current engines (especially the one's written in custom scripting languages instead of C/C++), and the fact every DX upgrade takes well over a year (usually 18 months) to become standard (remember how long DX9 took to catch on? :D), and that was without the previous OS holding the API back.