1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Demos 7nm Ryzen 3000 processors (and kicks a bit of ass)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Venix

Venix Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1060 6gb
    i know brother .. i am just impatient i want to know more ! if anything i will be pumped to put on a 12 or 8core ryzen 3xxx on my b350 msi ...as far they do not go over 95 watts tdp to blow up my mb's vrms !

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o

Ah, thanks for the info

3. sarsar

sarsar Member

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 8 GB
    Guess what, PCWORLD says that the Ryzen who beat the 9900k in cinebench was a Ryzen 3 xxx!!!

Edited: my bad, he said third generation...

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  4. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    ...I don't....understand what it is you're trying to say?

Yes, the benchmark that was shown, was a Ryzen 3rd generation, Zen 2, processor.

Unless you're trying to say they are saying its an Ryzen R3 processors, in which case, no, they didn't. We do not know what the engineering product would be named if it was released today. My bet is an R5, or R7, but not likely an R3. But again more importantly, they did not say that the processor tested was an R3. Ryzen 3, refers to Ryzen 3rd generation, aka in the 3000 series, not R3.

But if that's not what you were saying then i don't understand what it is that you're trying to say since it was always the 3rd generation ryzen processors that was being shown...that was....the whole point?

Maddness and -Tj- like this.

5. vestibule

vestibule Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 Zotac mini
    TBF. If this CPU is top dog then I will be buying into it. I have not had a gaming AMD cpu for over 6 years now.
    I also will not be an early adopter: possible compatibility problems with PCI-E4 and of course we have to wait for the prices to settle.
    So a new build DEC 2019.

Maddness likes this.
  6. HWgeek

HWgeek Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6200 Turbo Fotce @500/600 8x1p
    I just realized something: If the early sample with not final clock's can beat 9900K - OMG think about X8 of that on Treadripper 64C/128T!
    Can it be that in 64C TreadRipper we could get over(stock or oc'ed) 16,000 Points in CBR15? Can you imaging the Time saving for professional users? it's Crazy!(until lest year over 20K $$ just for 2X28C Xeon dual socket CPU).
    We need New Cinebench so we can really stress the new CPU's since 2990WX and new 64C TR will finish CBR15 instantly! LOL.

7. Kaerar

Kaerar Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 64
    Pretty much. EPYC has shown us quite a bit in how the next ThreadRipper's will perform and it really wouldn't surprise me to see a 64c / 128t top end WX ThreadRipper. Personally I'll be after the mid-range one 3950X or whatever it turns out to be as a replacement for my 1950X.

K.S. likes this.
  8. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070
    According to various different sources on the net that engineering sample was effectively a Ryzen 5 3600 8c/16t, 3.7GHz base / 4.5GHz turbo, 65W chip. What was the all core clock 4.2 / 4.3GHz?

Let that sink in....... It matched a stock 9900K in Cinebench with both setups using just 2666MHz DDR4. Holy crap..... :eek:

K.S. likes this.
  9. Maddness

Maddness Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW
    If that's true, then that's pretty damn awesome. AMD will kick some serious butt in the CPU department this year.

K.S. likes this.
  10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    For a large number of members here, AMD could release a 10ghz processor consuming 1watt, yet having 1000x the performance of Intel's fastest processor, and they would still be unhappy. On that same note, AMD could release a GPU with 1000x the performance of NVidia's fastest, only consuming 1watt, and they would still be unhappy. This forum is full of people that will bash AMD, regardless of what AMD does.... Over the years, this has become less a tech enthusiast forum and more an Intel/NVidia enthusiast forum.

BuildeR2, -Tj-, Embra and 8 others like this.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    nice I wonder what the STP not that, that matters much anymore I also cant wait to see what AMD price it at, as opposed to Intel crazy price were they still think they have no competition. when someone start producing chip as fast as your for half the price and you still trying to peddle those higher prices, something is wrong

you know I was one those people most people that know me know i dont care for AMD. but ryzen cpu changed that, my next PC IF i make one ( providing price gpu and stuff dont keep going stupid) will be Amd ryzen plain and simple half the price more cores and similar performance were it maters with MTP now there STP is actual good now too compared to Intel.

GPU on the other hand I still havent seen something that make change from Nvidia, Nvidia prices for there gpu is what will drive me away from PC gaming though.

If i had waiting 2 more years to make my PC I would of got ryzen build

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  12. dirthurts

dirthurts Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse
    Right now, building a PC is pretty cheap. You don't need a top end processor as even the Ryzen 1 5 series is plenty enough for gaming. If you go that route, you can save a ton of money.

Also, if you're willing to move away from PC because of Nvidias prices and you're O.K. with console performance, any dirt cheap mid-tier GPU would do you fine. I've come across RX 470s for 150 bucks with 2-3 games included. Price isn't really a factor if cost is your issue. Your issue seems to be moving away from Nvidia/Intel, or some insatiable need for high end parts perhaps?

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    nah my issue come from the fact price for gpu were going slowly every 2 or 3 gens which I was fine with , and now for last 2 gens it been going up 50-100 and then over last gen just look at price game from 1xxx series and the 2xxx in some cases it well over 200$. The 9800gt was highend with only 2 other card higher highend card when it came out which cost me 139$ 3 months after it release, then there was 9600 series which actual mid range card you can even touch mid range card or even some entry level cards for that now.

I dont want to have to deal with drivers any more or put pcs together or dealing with MS crazy updates scheme that usual require reinstall of OS I jsut want my game to work and play, my I have 2 complaints about consoles atm still, 1080p 60fps stable is still a pipe dream and I cant play my games from last gen on new system give me the ablitiy to h ave 1080p 60 fps stable and play my games from last gen on the new system via digital libray or actual disc and Console will be much more attractive to me

4K 60 fps still impossible on PC less you paying an alot for GPU 1080p 60FPS is where it is at and will stay for while, atlest till entry level gpu can pull of acceptable 4k framerates

yes it all about the money for these companies but what happen when they start prices thing out of reach of the majority of people, which slowly happening

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  14. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    While I currently own an Intel/Nvidia machine (4770k-1080Ti) I've always gone where the best performance is no matter what brand. I've had so many AMD/Intel CPU and so many ATI/AMD/NV GPU that my house would be full of them if I didn't offer things to friends and recycle other stuff.

This Ryzen 3xxx series feels like a nearly perfect upgrade from Haswell, both in timing and performance.

Maddness likes this.