AMD Curve Optimizer 5800X 5100Mhz

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by bobnewels, Nov 12, 2020.

1. bobnewels

bobnewels Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    It really does not make a difference but you can switch to Windows ones no problem. With the latest AMD Chipset driver there was no power plans for me and I actually got them on another forum to install them and use AMD Ryzen high 90% of the time so all cores get used. Balance some cores get used and power saver a couple cores get used.
    I have about a dozen power plans installed for testing to see how they work.

2. bobnewels

bobnewels Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    EDIT:It is embedded object in sample overlay,not AIDA64 for min/avg/max

I use hotkeys to turn it on/off for the game thing. I have two timers in the overlay, as in the quick guide i thought I put that there I may have to look again it was six months ago or something I did it.
    Here is what you can do ,unless your making your on graphics. Use sample overlay and use the values in that overlay and change as you want.
    Look at the tutorials i linked in the guide for his youtube channel

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020 at 8:33 PM
  3. Illyrian

Illyrian Master Guru

GPU:
    2080 Super

You didn't get anything straight, I asked you a simple question that you haven't even answered.
    I didn't say anything about not running your CPU at higher speeds, you can do whatever you want with your equipment.
    I asked specifically why do it in this particular game which has shown to be GPU heavy, it barely gets my 5800x going.
    I mean I can literally play this game on the Power Saver plan and see no noticeable performance decrease compared to High performance/Balanced plans.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020 at 12:12 AM
  4. bobnewels

bobnewels Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Please do not bother me anymore with posting in this thread.

5. Illyrian

Illyrian Master Guru

GPU:
    2080 Super
    I'm asking you a simple question man, why are you upset ?

I'm genuinely curious, I mean are you actually playing Valhalla with your 5800x @ 5.1ghz, or did you just do it for benchmarks.
    I'm doing my own tests on the game that are very interesting, it's why I'm trying to gather more info from threads like this, that's all

6. bobnewels

bobnewels Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Stop trolling in this thread.

7. Illyrian

Illyrian Master Guru

GPU:
    2080 Super
    I'm not trolling, I just tried your Curve Optimizer settings but my PC rebooted, so I set them all to 10 instead of 15 like you did, and I'm in windows right now typing this, and every core is bouncing up to 5050mhz so it seems to be working.
    I can use these settings for playing a CPU heavy game like the Total War series which was basically what I was getting at with my questioning.

Untitled.png
    [​IMG]

8. bobnewels

bobnewels Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Stop trolling this thread.