AMD Crimson ReLive Edition Beta for Windows® 10 Fall Creators Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by NvidiaFreak650, Oct 17, 2017.

1. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition Beta for Windows®10 Fall Creators Update

Important Notes

• This driver is provided as a beta level support driver and should be considered "as is".
    Support For

• Beta level support for Windows®10 Fall Creators Update. For more information on Windows®10 Fall Creators Update visit here.
    Known Issues

• Mixed Reality headsets may fail to render when running in Hybrid Graphics system configurations.
    • A limited number of displays may exhibit brief signal loss periodically.
    • System hang may occur during Mixed Reality 360 videos playback on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
    • An HDCP error code may be observed while playing Blu-Ray content on a secondary attached display.
    • Radeon WattMan profiles and settings may not persisting after resuming from sleep.
    • A system restart or hang may be observed when launching DX12 applications on Multi GPU enabled system configurations with Radeon ReLive enabled.
    Package Contents
    The Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition Beta for Windows®10 Fall Creators Update installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition Beta for Windows®10 Fall Creators Update Driver Version 17.40 (Windows Driver Store Version 23.20.768.9)
    Download: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details...all-creators-update-beta-driver-download.html

Jackalito and LocoDiceGR like this.
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The runtime for Vulkan was updated to 1.0.61.0 for these too, about to see what else is in there.

But the known issues list probably means these will be a skip for a full install for now.

EDIT: The previous 17.40.xx driver from Windows Update for insiders was dated as October 11th, these are dated October 10th when comparing their INF files.
    (Driver version is just 17.40 whereas for the previous driver it was 17.40.1013 though it might not mean much.)

EDIT: The dump of the Atiapfxx.blb file shows a different DXX profile for AC Origins and PUBG has a Steam ID added to it's profile.

<application Title="PUBG" File="Steamappid:578080">
    <use Area="DXX">PUBGProfile</use>
    </application>

Interesting, just one day's difference (This being the older of the two.) but still some changes in the atiapfxx.blb file.

But it does show that there could be further beta releases and AMD is still actively working on it, probably difficult to say what the newer Windows Update fast-ring driver improves on over this one though.
    (And this one might be more stable if AMD took a older driver even if the difference is just one day though there's a different version number so might be more than just some quick changes.)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Any ELEX/2K18/Southpark/Destiny profiles?

The question is does it worth it install those instead of 17.10.1 after a format im gonna do tomorrow with RS3... :confused:

4. NvidiaFreak650

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    [​IMG]
    Look like AMD remove Mantle because I get Not Available. I did safe mode DDU by the way.

@LocoDiceGR Yeah it's worth installing if you have Windows 10 Fall Creators Update already install, it has WDDM 2.3 & DX 12 SM6.0 with other goodies.

Also @JonasBeckman The 10/11/17 build is for OEM GPU's, this one is for non OEM.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Nothing that I can find, the previous 17.40 driver didn't change that much compared to the first one that was uploaded after it appeared on Windows Update (Though that first one had a bunch of profiles added although mostly for the "DXX" category.) and for this driver there's just two changes, one being for Assassin's Creed Origins and the other having a Steam ID assigned for PUBG's DXX profile.

EDIT: Oh right Destiny 2 was added in the first of these 17.40 branch drivers, for the 17.30 branch ones such as 17.10.1 those only have a Chill profile from what I can tell whereas 17.40 adds a DXX one, but nothing for Crossfire at least in the Atiapfxx.blb file.

6. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    It has a newer audio driver though, 10.0.1.4 (August 2017) vs 10.0.1.1 which was from November 2016. "Upgraded" from the WU drivers and I do have Mantle 9.1.10.0228 and Vulkan 1.0.54.

The driver identifies itself as Crimson Beta and not 17.7 which was the case for the other 2 drivers.

Jackalito likes this.
  7. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Memory frequency slider still doesn't work for me. :|

8. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Why am I not surprised by another "beta" release, but I'll take it.

9. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Still deletes windows printers on uninstall under my system.

Now under the Gaming tab, all installed games are successfully detected without requiring a manual scan again.

Btw, mine shows Mantle 9.1.10.0228 and Mantle API 102400.

Edit: OMG! Something has changed in the OC api that made my RX480 revert to the correct behavior as until 17.7.1 (last correct driver). Finally I can OC again (on stock voltage) without the overvolt bug that made DXVA force my card to 1.150-1.175V under heavy clips, making it artifact and crash (due to being a 1.050V high asic gpu).
    Videos will now run again at ~1.043V when at 3D/max clocks when a OC is applied. Unfortunately ~1.143V spikes still happen, but that's old behavior even when stock.

Edit2: The constant high voltage bug while playing video at max clocks will return if under Wattman voltage is set to Manual instead of Auto, but there seems to be no over voltage problem if Wattman is left untouched and MSI AB applies its voltage offset.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    Jackalito likes this.
  10. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    They add something like ''GPU Workload'' anyone have that?

And reports on reddit are that they fixed the undervolt.

11. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Been using the 17.9/17.10 drivers with 1709 for weeks now---they run fine. (Insider's Preview versions--I've been on the official release version for about 10 days or so. )

12. BoMbY

BoMbY Guest

GPU:
    Fury X
    The Task Manager in the Fall Creators Update is supposed to show the GPU workload, I guess that's what it is referring to.

13. d2kx

d2kx Active Member

Thank you, Umiko.

NvidiaFreak650 likes this.
  14. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Another whiny statement from you, no big surprise there.

Its a fracking beta driver for an OS update this month.

15. YY911SF

YY911SF Member

GPU:
    Evga Titan SLI
    Would someone mind modding these drivers so that they could work on my Vega Frontier Edition? Would really appreciate it, Please. :)

16. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    The same terror like previous drivers for crossfire on my system, after several tickets and attempts to get this issue under the attention I give up, mad x10²²²²

17. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Any official word from AMD about GPU WorkLoads
    Graphics
    VS
    Compute

??

If you switch you have to restart Crimson driver. What is this all about?
    Is Graphics for gaming, Compute for Creative content?

Something Else?

18. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    Important Notes

• This driver is provided as a beta level support driver and should be considered "as is".
    Support For

• Beta level support for Windows®10 Fall Creators Update. For more information on Windows®10 Fall Creators Update visit here.

WTF?? any previous release won't work with FCU? and this one is a "beta"?? :confused:

19. NvidiaFreak650

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Other drivers will work in Fall Creators Update but this one is made for Fall Creators Update because it enable WDDM 2.3 & DX 12 SM 6.0. with other goodies.

20. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Its strange, I install this driver just fine it works for a while but then without any information from windwows it just override it to 23.20.780.3.
    Windows Update logs doesn't show anything, same in event log or control panel.
    oO