AMD Crimson ReLive 16.12.2 (January 9 2017 edition) Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Dec 20, 2016.

1. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070 mini/290x
    10% at best, my buddy got a 480, tested it against his 290x with stilts bios and...perf was so close he took the 480back since, stilts bios drop the non-3d power use and clocks nicely.

biggest gap we saw was 8% and, thats with both cards at their bios stock...

can the card you have take stilts bios? if it can, you should flash it...my tri-x cards perform better, and use less power now...win/win ;)

i saw you fixed it with a windows patch, but, my suggestion would be what i did to my fathers system recently when it acted up in a similar way.

start>cmd rclick, run as admin, in the command prompt type "chkdsk /f" then, let it check after restart, you would be shocked how very minor repairs like "Drive bit map image" can fix all sorts of weird ****....

if /f finds anything run the same command again /r this time...do it before bed though, it will take some time to run...

restart into windows, run ccleaner and uncleaner (just the file clean DO NOT use ccleaners registry cleaner, it can in some cases cause weird random issues in vista/7/8/10...

then install driver.

that SHOULD do the trick if anybody else has the issue.

mine errored the first time on here with this driver, but, cleaning with ccleaner, then using wise registry cleaner deep scan, the driver installed no problem once i did that :)

2. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070 mini/290x
    most likel if he just re-applies the update after the drivers in place, it will work fine.

personally, i would just download the iso of the latest preview build of 10, and upgrade...since 7/8/8.1 keys all work to activate 10..(yes even loader emulated slic will work...as crazyas that is...LOL)

anyway, i have used my win10 flash drive to upgrade several systems that where running 7 that had gone wonkey... thankfully 10's upgrade process is as close to a fresh install without loosing your apps/games/files, that it seems to work and fix more bugs then i could believe....(my intent the first time was to upgrade to 7 and use the refresh install function to remove the apps and reg bs they left behind...but...i found it wasnt needed....amazing ms finely seems to have gotten upgrades right for the most part!!!

3. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    I have never had the stuck mem clocks before but i seem to have found out what caused it, may just just be my system but thought i would post anyway

I used cru to set my monitor to 75hz in windows and when i do that the mem clocks are stuck at 1250 but as soon as i change it back to 60hz the clocks immediately drop again to 300

4. THEAST

THEAST Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7950 + HD7970 CF
    That has nothing to do with the driver, that is expected behavior if you are not careful with vertical blanking settings in CRU. Quote from CRU's notes:

5. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    cheers mate thought it was something along those lines

6. cowman

cowman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 290 4GB
    What is the refresh rate on your desktop? I have a 144hz monitor and i noticed if i change it to 60hz, my memory clocks go down to 150mhz like they should (it does bounce between 1250 and 150 doing different things on desktop). 120hz acts the same way... the only time it's stuck at 1250mhz is on 144hz. I don't recall when this started for me, but i feel like it's been fairly recent, could have been relive drivers, but i'd have to roll back to confirm...

I do agree this is a pretty bad bug as I can't afford a new GPU right now, so in the interim i'll just be staying on 120hz until the bug is fixed. Waiting patiently for the RX 490 or RX 500 series next year!

7. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 570 4GB
    If you're at 144 Hz and your memory clock stay at 501 MHz or 1250 MHz, it's normal behavior.

8. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700XT Gaming OC
    Is there a way to hide the ReLive timer at the top right corner when recording?

Edit: Nevermind. Found out. Should be in the overlay settings IMO. Although 'Now Recording' still appears.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  9. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    the whole 16.12 series is a pile of crap, cannot overclock, temp target stuck, memory frequency stuck to 1500, frequency stuck at 150 and this cause all kind of freezes. Reverting to 16.11.5 solved all the problems

10. Virs

Virs Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 390
    The top-of-screen flicker that has been repeatedly mentioned also happens EVERY single time Planet Coaster launches. I don't even know why, as it's normally triggered by switching resolution or refresh rate. I guess this happens very quickly when Planet Coaster starts loading a map.

11. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  12. Seren

Seren Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    I updated my brother's drivers from 16.7.2 I think to this driver and his 390 Strix won't adjust voltage in Wattman... When I go to edit voltage from 1250 to 1210 it just puts in 12, when trying anything under 1200 it wont change at all. His Strix is actually running really hot (92*C) so for now I just decreased the power limit and clock speeds...
    The only reason I updated his drivers were because The Forrest randomly decided it would crash, even though nothing was changed since he last played it (no graphics drivers update, windows or the game...). This driver fixed that.

If you're wondering why temperatures are an issue it's because we're getting 40*C days :(

13. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    You can use AB or TRIXX to adjust GPU power and fan speeds. Just do not use it to adjust gpu or memory clocks, because then you will be in visual hell.

14. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    17.1.1 Where are you ? :D

15. b0uncyfr0

b0uncyfr0 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gaming XXX 1070
    Everything seems to be woking. Mtrai posted the setup for AB and relive 2-3 pages back. Thanks - it works beautifully.

16. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    He's OC'ing a 480 in that discussion. Not a Grenada/Hawaii.

17. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire V56 Pulse
    What's the problem with Grenada/Hawaii?

I'm oc'ing my 290 with AB (core freq, mem freq, core voltage, power), without any of problems you're mentioning, using ReLive (.1 and .2) since day one.

18. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    I am not sure but I do believe that post I posted was for the RX 480, I sold my other hawaii card a few weeks back since my R9 290 RMA gave me the RX 480.

For Hawaii I gave up shortly after Relive came out and reverted to the previous non relive driver due to the numerous issues Relive drivers had with my Hawaii cards.

19. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Then consider yourself lucky. The memory clock on my 390 will fluctuate between full and 150 until it locks at 150, causing screen corruption, black screens, and even lockups. And it stays this way at 150 until I reinstall the driver.

Devs from the manufacturers have acknowledged a fault to how the card's hardware settings were improperly ported to Wattman and are awaiting a fix from AMD on the matter.

20. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Hi there guys.
    Could someone help me understand something.
    I visit my cousin with have the R9 380 and personally I was really hyped to just look and tweak, just check out the WattMan, as I have HD 7870 and from like begining using AB to OC+Custom fan tweak, unfortunitly my graphic card is not supported for WattMan
    I looked up on web and I see there is all kind of custom fan control (fan% to custom temp) but in my cousin R9 380 I see only One main custom fan contol setting or Automatic. When it comes to OC its like it suppose to be (power limit,voltage,core/mem clock/states profile
    Only this Fan control, someone know?