AMD Crimson ReLive 16.12.2 (January 9 2017 edition) Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    Replied this to you on AnandTech forums, have you read it?

2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    I don't believe that. Do you remember the 2D flickering bug? It was persisting for more than a year but it was fixed in the end. If you read the driver threads, people with other revisions of GCN have clock problems in various situations. Apart from features that we actually require hardware to have, our cards get everything in each update. Keep reporting and they will fix it. If you notice what's happening in the open source side of the driver, AMD is in a big display code transition that will need at least another three months to be done, and then the code will be shared between Windows/Linux drivers. The 2D driver will be open source in essence. This started more or less at the moment when the UVD bug was present.

3. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Catering to my my need to conquer problems, eh? :)

I was already considering this, installing 16.11.5, which I am currently using, then manually updating the drivers only to 16.12.2 and see if it's a Wattman issue. (It's where I'm leaning to) I didn't go for it last night because there comes a time where you stop tinkering and start playing.

UPDATE: First off, LOL. I did the manual update, and needed to reboot, as Radeon Settings went BOOM. Rebooted, and discovered some fun. Apparently running 16.12.2 on top of 16.11.5's Control App = RX4xx's Wattman enabled! (This was interesting.) Also discovered that applying OC's through AB caused my displays to go wonky, so that still doesn't work. So far memory clocks are staying at 1500, and I have temp readings and full fan control options in Wattman, unlike 16.12.x's version. Now instabilities can sometimes take time to manifest, like needing a couple of reboots, and using Wattman to OC. And for your viewing pleasure:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    UPDATE2: Fan controls in Wattman only work to set fan speed. Range option does not apply, however you can use AB's fan profiler and leave AB running to use that if desired.

Manual control of voltage still doesn't work. I think they need to update Wattman to control the older style VRM's. Frequency controls work, and was able to apply my desired 1150/1650 OC with 30% Power Limit through Wattman. (10.5x on my card)

Temp gauge works, tho temp controls is lol. Min Acoustics also not working, and of course, no Chill option. I wonder if you can enable that via Registry or ini?

Setup my displays with my 75Hz/60Hz combo (which 16.12.x hates) and been quite stable so far. No downclocking to 150 on memory, and subsequently no glitching of the displays. Dragon Age: Inqusition under Mantle was notorious for causing screen glitching with the 16.12.x bug, and runs perfectly under this setup, even with OC applied via Wattman.

I should make a new thread for this, as I am sure questions will be coming.

5. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    @Chastity (edit I believe if you are in crossfire you will not have the chill option show up..just saying)

Last night I finally got around to looking at the same things you are on this new RX480 I have. Anyhow after reading a number of Unwinders suggestions and comments I played around with it all to overclock. Using the settings I have in MSI AB allowed me to actually change the voltage on my card.

Using driver 16.12.2
    Latest MSI Afterburner

Here are the final settings in MSI Afterburner that have been working for me to be able to overclock.

http://imgur.com/a/bnNe0

Then what I did was use wattman to be able to more customize my fan speeds but do not touch any of the overclocking.

http://imgur.com/a/0C6G1

Prior to making these changes to MSI Afterburner overclocking just did not work and it really does not work in wattman. Now my Powercolor RX 480 Red devil easily overclocks to 1380/2250 via Afterburner.

3dMark run with these settings http://www.3dmark.com/fs/11150986

I am no longer sure how to embed pics again from imgur sorry.

6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    No I am not doing crossfire. There is no Chill option because I am using Radeon Settings from 16.11.5.

7. Kruse

Kruse Active Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 290X 4GB
    Still experiencing screen corruption/flickering bars with a secondary display attached by HDMI with these drivers in Windows 10. Damn shame because they otherwise perform well in games.

8. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    See my thread for workaround for that

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=411731

9. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 570 4GB
    Glad you had fun, Chastity. I am out of the enthusiast business for the time being.

10. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I'm more glad that I can play DA:I w/o screen glitching :)

11. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Gaming performance is great for a lot of my DX11 titles. Dragon Age: Inquisition now runs on par whether on DX11 or Mantle. Who would ever had thought THAT would ever happen? :D Loads faster in DX11 too. very happy.

12. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    I'm using stock 16.12.2s (after uninstalling 16.12.1, running latest DDU in Safe Mode, reboot then complete custom install) and just like with 16.12.1s, Global Wattman does not give a "target" option for fan speed and I have no temperature GUI at all.

Sapphire R9 390 Nitro (factory overclock to 1040).

13. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Whats the best way to test if VP9 is working?

14. nilo

nilo Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS HD7970 IceQ2 CFX
    With 16.12... new drivers, it's not possible to config hdmi output sound to 5.1, when I have GFX hdmi output linked to AV amp hdmi input through graphic card.

Someone had this problem?

Now, I am testing which version of 16.11 did the job well because I do not remember (I deleted all 16.11..).
    What to do?
    I use most recent DDU.

Right now, I will try with 16.11.2.
    :D

15. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Got the card, i may test it tomorrow. This Xmas time is everything but calm :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg7acyyHAP0
    I just keep reading the topic if some specific issue comes up.

Standard msg but i have the card since Tuesday :D I have been very busy .

16. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Fixed my 16.12.2 / R9 issues... I isolated the R9 onto one monitor. Threw in an old GT240 to handle second monitor.

1) Now I have 75Hz on both panels
    2) AMD panel works properly with 150 memory clocks, and doesn't lock down like before
    3) Should it lock up, 2nd monitor is unaffected, so I can at least attempt to restart the driver.
    4) AMD card idles at lowest settings

I blame AMD for making me use a NVIDIA card once again. :no:

17. THEAST

THEAST Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Are people with RX 480 cards also experiencing these clock issues? If not, that could explain a lot...

18. ViRGE

ViRGE Member

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nano
    Guys, the 16.12.1 was working great here, but Relive hotkeys just wont work at all. But user aciDev found the solution.
    Now my overlay on Relive is showing up and hotkeys working fine!

19. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    Just tried installing Sapphire Trixx 6.3.0 and within a couple of minutes, I was experiencing flickering ghosted images. Fan speed shot up to ~3700rpm, despite temps of <50C.

Uninstalled, rebooted and then Global Wattman fan speeds were back down to default (1200rpm), flickering ghosted images gone.

Getting the impression that Global Wattman fan speeds are not saving, at least when using higher minimum fan speeds through game profile (Redout) Wattman options.

Really not liking the lack of fine control of fan speeds and temperature, I've had Trixx running until the Relive drivers came out for at least a year, with a linear fan speed that hits 100% at 85C (so typically in-game, it runs at ~50% and keeps temps at ~55C max).

Can't decide whether to try Chastity's experiment of mixing 16.11.5 package with Device Manager update to 16.12.2, or simply roll back.

Edit: Awful QC moment with 16.12.2s now, just come out of an online ranking match of Rocket League (which was stuttering at ~30fps instead of 100+ as per normal) to find the card was thermal throttling at 93C+, despite there being a Wattman game profile in place for manual 3000rpm in place (which did not activate).

Only when I exited game did the fan kick in!

Shouldn't AMD be testing what happens with Relive drivers and official tools like Sapphire Trixx?

Uninstalling, running DDU again, one final chance.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  20. janos666

janos666 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2060 6Gb
    I think this has been the case since the first stable Windows 10 builds + compatible stable AMD drivers + DAI updates around the same time (somewhere around number 8 or 9 if I recall).
    Load times were always worse with Mantle (especially when it had to rebuild the shader cache but even after it was saved to disk -> which is strange since DX11 did not have a shader cache back then, so Mantle theoretically had an edge but it didn't help to win the race and now DX11 has shader cache as well which evens the odds).
    And Mantle mode always had a greater chance to produce some random graphic glitches (missing effects or animations and such).