AMD Crimson ReLive 16.12.2 (January 9 2017 edition) Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Dec 20, 2016.

1. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Fullscreen.

2. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    You have to hand it to Undying for pretty much coming to AMD's defense every time someone reports a bug that gets overlooked for eons, and posting negligible 3DMark score improvements that are pretty much within the margin of an error to prove a point that AMD is improving performance with each and every release, which really isn't there.

And also, stop telling people to flash an edited Bios. Firstly, it doesn't prevent the bug from triggering. Secondly, it involved increased power draw which isn't what people want. Third and most importantly, stop pretending like you're some Bios modding Guru, there are plenty of people in here including myself whom have been tinkering with GPU Bios from the AGP era.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  3. Martin.v.r

Martin.v.r Active Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970 1200/1500
    Somebody asked if that could be used fashion bios, it's that my answer ? sorry

since 7970 came out, there have been 5 driver who has not had it so good with my card, has used win7 U and win 10 Pro 64bit

driver before this caused problems with a black screen when I close the game down, that I have no more

but it's probably a good idea that people learn to clean up the old files, it helps some

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  4. G13Homi

G13Homi Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I'm rolling back to the last drivers, BF1 is getting strange lens effects and shadow flickers that were never present before.

5. Warkratos

Warkratos Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    I'm getting random TDR BSOD's with this driver, time to rollback to 16.11.5

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I only posted a 3Dmark when i actually broke 10k in firestrike for the first time, meaning these drivers do improve scores/performance even on these older cards.

Also, i atleast posted some way of avoding the UVD bug so the card isnt stuck at 850mhz when going 3d anymore. Got some people interested. There is pvt messages in my inbox and a thread or two that proves that. What did you do besides arguing with me and crying for an official fix? Nothing.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    +1 :)

They got better and better.
    That's the fact.

but:
    Some users experiencing errors tho, IMO ATI have to fix those bugs :nerd:
    I bolieve they will...

8. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Is your claim of flashing a modded BIOS to prevent the UVD bug an utter lie? Yes.

Does your BIOS mod break compatibility with CSM Fast Boot and UEFI compatibility? Yes.

This thread and this section of the forums is meant for reporting bugs, which is it's purpose, regardless of how old or new the bugs is, something you referred to as "crying" (which sounds like something some high school bully would say, btw); have you been discouraging people to report bugs? Yes.

I find it funny when you post in the NVidia driver section and criticize them for performance gimping and whatnot when you don't even own an NVidia product, but I do.

I think I have made my point. The people that PM'd you for BIOS mods likely don't know any better.

9. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Nope, this section and this thread is about sharing users experiences etc.

For bug reporting there is a AMD issues reporting site - AMD Issue Reporting Form for Radeon Software.... so if you are experiencing bugs, report them there. It's useless to cry here.

10. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    How about you're both right? Because the 3DMark and other games improvements are definitely there, but there are inexcusable crappy bugs and missing basic features still there too.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Didn't we use to have a AMD representative on these forums a while ago?
    (And a Nvidia one too I believe.)

No idea if they're still active here though but yeah bug reports is probably done either via their own websites (Though the forums are mostly user driven.) or through their various report forms or this new troubleshooter function in the ReLive driver I guess.

Whether that speeds up the process of getting a particular issue fixed or not though is hard to say, guessing the whole UVD issue should be a well known problem but it's still not fully fixed.

Along with some other issues with the 16.12 / "ReLive" driver in general though perhaps the 17.x drivers can bring some improvements whenever the first of those are released or well technically that's just year/month and the actual version number or driver branch is some other string.
    (Something like branch 16.50 driver version number 21.19.407.0 I think.)

12. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    Bugs should be reported both here and to AMD.
    Reporting bugs here is a good way of making sure the issue comes from the drivers and not from us exclusively. It's also a good way to share information with others who have the same bug to find out where the source of the bug is whenever possible.

13. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    AMD wants to control the message for their drivers, hence the only places with any meaningful representation are their own forums.

14. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    If you are talking about AMDMatt, he hasn't been active here for quite some time now. I think he still posts in OcUK every once in a while, though.

Exactly, very good point.

Which are basically a No Man's Land (Sky?). ;p

15. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    AMDMatt moved on to a different position at AMD and we got a new AMD rep..they introduced them self and maybe one more post. After that we never heard from the new AMD rep again. Been a while

16. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    So everyone who's playing Battlefield 1 , please do me a favor! Type in console : render.drawscreeninfo 1 and check on the top while you are gaming if the vsync is on even if you have turned it off before. Thx.

17. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    The bugs we encounter are a part of our experience, right or wrong?

And what's with the language? Who's "crying?" We are consumers, and if we don't get support for basic features, we're supposed to stay quiet and silently fill up AMD bug report forms that never gets noticed to begin with?

AMDJoe has an account in this forum, IIRC.

18. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    There's no right or wrong, only love.

19. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Someone is really asking to get his leg humped.

20. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    You need some time off the internet or you'r computer.
    You can have your opinion about the matter, and so can Undying.
    But you are coming off as a "cry baby" about it at this point.
    Whats next, gonna scream about no wattman support on GCN 1.0?
    Or that they only have basic DX12 wrapper functions or no hardware for freesync dynamic refresh rate switching.

Bios flash for GCN1.0 is the best method for UVD bug unless you'r absolutely needing secureboot.

It totally fixed my HD 7950 crossfire UVD bug and was much easier to run 1150/1450 clocks on them then using Afterburner.