AMD Crimson Driver release 16.5.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Prefix, May 4, 2016.

1. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    Forza 6 crashes for me while loading the first race. Any tips? No error message displayed, simply crashes to desktop.

2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    no tips. no crashes here. 16.4.2

3. Yecnot

Yecnot Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 270 2GB
    Dark Souls 3 came out a month ago...

4. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700 XT
    No crashes for me neither using 16.5.1. Check out your clocks. I've seen problems with too much overclock with DX12 games such as Rise of the Tomb Raider and Quantum Break.

Cheers!

5. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Hows the performance on the forza?

6. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700 XT
    Surprisingly good if we take into account the UWP games' precedents. Butter smooth on my system with max settings at 1920x1080.

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Yeah im Playing Forza 6 NOW !!! (yes it has 4GB in RAM and in Full screen has 7.4GB !!)
    Canot set my USB Joy (i have PS2 Dual Shock) and cant set my resolution.
    BUT GAME will be the Best Racing game for PC :nerd:

:banana:

Yes it will !! Im driving on keyboard and its so coool, Visuals on V.High 1080p are GREAT ! like a Movie (yes CGI like!)
    NP found on DX12

8. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    Well, the game barely started or ran on the Crimson 16.4.1 drivers. Got to do the first race in the GT and then every time a loading circle would come up the game would freeze, needing an Alt+F4. Changing vehicle paint color would crash the game as well, as would any attempt to play in Free Play mode.

Updated to the Crimson 16.5.1 that just came out and it has been a night and day difference. Games launches and loads super quickly compared to the X1 version I have almost 1000 hours on, all settings maxed and never a dip under 60FPS, not a single crash and I've changed tons of car colors, done tons of free play and finished 6 of the tours so far.

Seems to play great so far, lack of content being my only complaint. Tracks make the game, and I really want to take the FXX K out on Imola or Monza. Will most likely have to wait for FM7 on Win10 for that, but I think Turn10 has put a very solid foot forward towards their PC debut.

9. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
  10. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Usual excuse of lazy or nvidia partnered devs for improper optimization of their games was lack of info, lack of contact with amd, etc. Now they will have no excuse, simply no excuse, if some game will be working bad on amd hardware and said game is nvidia gameworks then it will be clear that there was fishy deal between dev and nvidia.

11. ddelamare

ddelamare Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    CF/SLI is dead, its been on its way out even before i bought both of my R9 280X's. We are all holding on that hopefully somehow its going to improve but it keeps getting worse with every new game that gets released.

I'm just going to move to a single high end card as soon as i have the cash, a nano would be a good option for me (Unless they release a water cooled polaris card) as i cant for the life of me, see me playing games at 4k for a while.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Firestrike Extreme, R9 280X 1150/1550.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  13. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    Game runs quite well on my system too on high at 1050p

Some stutters when first loading onto a track but the actual races are smooth and im guessing at about 50fps ish sometimes feels like 60 smooth too

also i have never been heavily into racing sims and never played forza before but i am liking it

14. nilo

nilo Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS HD7970 IceQ2 CFX
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ULPS disabled.
    Crossfire on.
    Nothing more worth to say.

15. Dr451

Dr451 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte AMD R9 270X 2GB
    Wow new drivers and gratis:
    -Anti-aliasing in Witcher 3 not work
    -Radeon Settings constantly random crash
    -HDMI™ Scaling options may not be available in Radeon Settings on some system configurations or some applications may ignore the HDMI™ Scaling options setting.
    -Where are all video settings who was in Catalyst Drivers? Deinterlacing, Denoise, Denoise Mosquite, De-blocking, De-contouring...?
    Catalyst driver pls come back. Crimson is a s*it drivers

16. The Reeferman

The Reeferman Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 @ 1400 MHz
    I assume you already tried DDU.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

btw the video option are in there....somewhere behind the first menu.

17. Jimdriver2

Jimdriver2 Member

GPU:
    R9 280X x2 Crossfire
    Anyone tried this with The Division?

I had to roll back to 16.3.2 to get the best performance for it. On later drivers CF no longer had flickering but actual performance was worse than single card performance on the earlier drivers.

18. Dr451

Dr451 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte AMD R9 270X 2GB
    No in Catalyst drivers always was Deinterlacing, Denoise, Denoise Mosquite, De-blocking, De-contouring and others. Now we have only several options. Always I use DDU. Radeon settings/Crimson drivers is a s*it. New drivers=new problems=0 optimization

19. heroxoot

heroxoot Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    I've had a good time with this driver so far. Dark souls seems a little more stable on frame rate, SFV isn't having drops to around 56fps. Have to try more games.

20. The Reeferman

The Reeferman Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 @ 1400 MHz
    Can't find em any more either so you're totally right. I would swear they were in some earlier Crimson driver.

I'm lucky, and happy :banana:, I didn't run into problems with any of the AMD drivers so far.