AMD Crimson 16.3.2 Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Mar 28, 2016.

1. r_vi

r_vi New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury NITRO
    Just got the Sapphire NITRO Fury.
    This driver seems to work OK when Power Efficiency is turned off.
    I just wonder did these cards work at all before there was that power toggle in drivers?

2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    You dont wanna know! :)

3. mux

mux Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I've updated from AMD Catalyst 15.4 driver to this driver on Windows 7 64bit. Unfortunately, I don't get stable video playback with the Crimson 16.3.2 drivers. I already had two BSOD, on with LAV filters and MadVR, another one with Firefox and DXVA, HTML media extension playback.

4. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    I'd just this evening finished up putting together my Phenom II X6 T1100/8GB RAM/2x HD7950 CF rig, running Crimson 16.3.2 and it's a pleasure to game with this rig, this will be my 'go to' rig after my rather bad experience with my former 'go to' rig - FX8350/16GB RAM/2x GTX670 rig because FW364.47, FW364.51 and possibly FW364.72 really screwed the pooch. I get a greenish overlay when I play video (using VLC player) and any online vids (the green overlay disappears after a short time, usually when I minimize the vid) and I've had a hard lock resulting in a blank screen while gaming (playing UT3 with FW364.51 and 364.72). On my 2x HD7950 rig, everything runs sa-weet......gonna wait for a much improved FW driver for my nVidia rigs before I'd consider upgrading the driver. Meanwhile, non-WHQL'ed Crimson 16.4.1....any good?

5. vase

vase Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Code:
    Support for:
    Quantum Break™
    Upto 35% faster performance using Quantum Break™ on Radeon™ R9 Fury X than with Radeon™ Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2(1).
    Oculus Rift™
    HTC Vive™

Resolved Issues
    Frame rate capping issues experienced in some DirectX®12 applications is resolved.
    Hitman™ may experience flickering when played in DirectX® 11 mode using high game shadow settings.
    if you do not use any of this. you dont need to update. these are the ONLY changes. reported general performance increase or decrease by users is just plain variance!

6. Turanis

Turanis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Why dont you sell 3 cards and Phenom II X6?To make just one test rig with FX-8350 and 1 HD 7950 or Gtx 670.

7. joulesbeef

joulesbeef New Member

GPU:
    can you still do the inf trick? these new drivers dont like my second older card a 5830.. i only use it for an extra monitor.. seems like the drivers should be able to handle that.

8. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    5830 is legacy.

this driver doesnt support cards before GCN 1.0

9. vase

vase Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    why do you need 16.4.1 ? do you use oculus rift, htc vive or play hitman?
    i dont understand.

10. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    It could be because of these fixes.

11. TechnoDude

TechnoDude New Member

GPU:
    24Gb
    v16.3.2 auto creates eyefinity group on PC startup...

Every time I turn on my PC since the Catalyst software update (to 16.3.2), it auto creates an eyefinity group using the 2 screens I have.

I play Guildwars 2 and it's a real pita as it drops my character bang in the middle of the screens on the split. I have to manually delete the group every time I wanna play.

Any way to prevent catalyst from creating the eyefinity group? ...permanently!

Cheers

TD

12. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    I play a lot of GW2, have 2 monitors, and do not have this problem. I would try DDU and the install the latest 16.4.1.

13. TechnoDude

TechnoDude New Member

GPU:
    24Gb
    16.4.1 looks to be just a hotfix. I'll give it a go though and report back :)

14. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Keep in mind, AMD doesn't write down in the changelog all the fixes and stuff. :)

15. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    ^--this

16. TechnoDude

TechnoDude New Member

GPU:
    24Gb
    Unfortunately it didn't work. I've had to revert back to 15.12 as eyefinity only supports 3+ screens in that version, not 2! With the newer versions supporting 2 screens it's a complete nightmare as it always auto creates an eyefinity group at startup. This then also causes issues with the 3d driver for GW2. Grrrr...

Ideally there needs to be an option to disable eyefinity completely if you don't want to use it.

17. mux

mux Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I went back to Catalyst 15.11 beta drivers and I don't face any BSOD issues with video playback anymore. These Crimson drivers are no good for me yet!