AMD Crimson 16.3.2 Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Mar 28, 2016.

1. jdc2389

jdc2389 Member Guru

GPU:
    980ti 1408/3650
    I'm curious, how much voltage are you adding in AB? Adding any Aux voltage?

2. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    No extra aux voltage, but experimented with +100mV on the core and 1160 gpu.
    The card became pretty hot with those settings, and I had to disable overdrive or else I got errors in benching.
    Overall the gains aren't very impressive so I will wait for a while before experimenting with the voltage sliders.

I did notice voltage for my card became high, peaking at well over 1.4v for the gpu, where 1.256 is a normal peak at default settings, and while gaming keeping it between 1.1 and 1.2 overall.
    Power saving works pretty well on my card, even with power savings disabled in the crimson drivers. Performance is an alltime up so no problems there.
    Asic quality is 71.6%

But it does get very hot with extra voltage on the core and with peak voltage a bit too high for my taste.
    All in all I got a moderate card which acts as several review sites have written about. It wont hit 1200Mhz on the core, and overclocking the memory yields zero improvements in games.
    The difference in firestrike points is about 300 when overclocking to 1160/1170 on the core. So simply not worth the extra heat and probable instability issues with certain games.

My current clocks are with default voltages. If I lower my clocks the peak voltage will be lower also.

3. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3070Ti
    Well I just started playing Dirty Bomb and add that game to another that I cannot run with crossfire. The first time I ran it I didnt even get into the main menu before getting "no signal" and had to force restart. The next time I ran AFR friendly and got into the game, played 3 matches and when I was done, checked Afterburner and saw good scaling on both cards. I went back in the game and "no signal." Rebooted, changed it to Optimize 1x1 and "no signal."

*sigh* I just dont get it. I played Far Cry 3 for about 4 hours last night with no issues, and then played 3 rounds of BF4 with no issue. Its just certain games.

Side note- Dirty Bomb is fun as hell. I havent had this much fun since I played TF2.

4. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Mine does, but I have set the 3D clock to be the same as the boost clock from the vBios, so I'm cheating. You can try increasing the Power Limit.

5. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Maybe vram on any of these cards is faulty?

Launch afterburner, enable log monitoring (settings/monitoring/Log history to file), launch dirty bomb and if it again will make pc hard crash, reboot and upload log, post it here.

6. heroxoot

heroxoot Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    So frame target is not working for me again via game profile. Only global. Anyone know why? Tried to play FO4 again and wouldn't ya know it, old problems resurfaced.

7. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    worked for me when i had the r9 290 and works for me now. So you might want to reset the profile and clearing all profiles and then just search for gameprofiles and set it again.

8. heroxoot

heroxoot Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    didn't work. It was working fine like, 2 drivers ago but I had not played any games that needed it in a while.

9. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    That is odd. I never actually used it on far cry 4, but on other games, like dead rising 3, dishonored, alien isolation, mad max, and dying light.

I would try it, but i got the nano now, and dont have the r9 290 no more. Nonetheless, if you want me to try it out, i can give it a shot.

10. heroxoot

heroxoot Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Well I'm using it on Fallout4, but yea, I just sweeped and reinstalled and it still isn't working.

Edit: It works in other games, just not Fallout4.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016

11. DerSchniffles

GPU:
    EVGA 3070Ti
    It's possible, just curious why it's only on certain games. You would think it would happen on all games if it was vram. Even when I disable the in game crossfire, and the second gpu is doing nothing it does the same thing.

I'll give your a suggestion a go when I get home from work.

12. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    doesn't fallout 4 already comes capped at 60?

13. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    yes, its capped at 60fps by defaut. you can unleash it in the ini files. physics goes crazy however if you actually go above 60fps.

i have FRTC set to 59 on the FO4 profile, off globally.

seems to work fine for me.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  14. heroxoot

heroxoot Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    You can disable Vsync through a tweaker. So I unlock the fps and enable a 70fps cap, with shadowboost set to about 60. This way the game runs better but doesn't lose it's mind. It chipmunks out if it goes over like, 90fps or something. In a lot of areas I only get 60-70fps, but sometimes it exceeds. Also by setting a cap it doesn't push my GPU more than it needs to, and stays a bit cooler in this hell of a summer that started two months early.

That being said, it does work in other games per profile basis.

15. DerSchniffles

GPU:
    EVGA 3070Ti
    http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/558615/HardwareMonitoring.hml

Here it is. Look at the one that is at 19:45. I got into the game and played for a little bit with no crash, quit the game, and then started it back up and then it black screened and "no signal."

Here is Ryse: Son of Rome

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/558617/HardwareMonitoring.hml

Its at 19:49. There is some usage in the beginning where I loaded into the game menu and then quit, so I could check to make sure crossfire was set to the amd profile, and then I went back in to play for about 15 seconds before it black screened and then "no signal."

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016

16. guiidosm

guiidosm Member

GPU:
    integrada apu a6400k
    One question, for some reason my radeon hd 6850 1gb 256bit GDDR5, does not take any DRIVERS CRIMSON ????

17. heroxoot

heroxoot Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Legacy. You either need a legacy driver or a driver modded to include your GPU.

18. emsir

emsir Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Crimson is for HD 7xxx and above. You should read the info about supported cards in the release notes. As mentioned you can only use legacy drivers for your card. It's outdated.

19. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    You can get the 16.2.1 betas for your card. They are Crimson drivers and likely the last driver that will be released unless there is a major bug found.

20. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Edit: Deleted

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016