AMD Crimsom ReLive 17.1.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 570 4GB
    Which nvidia cards do you own or work with?

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Believe it or not i do have gtx760, Zotac AMP!. Card is mine but in my roommate machine paired with FX 8150. I also stated and asked for help in nvidia section due constant TDR's in Eve online, its his main game including Entropia Universe.

It performs badly, one fan stopped working so its also getting hot. It runs at 1189Mhz out of the box which is quite high (unstable) so i downclocked it to 1100mhz and driver crashes are not that severe anymore.

All in all to be honest, its an awful card. Therefore my hate for Kepler. I remember TK said gtx760 is on pair with hd 7950, which i can only laught at.

3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    All the talk of abandonment make no sense really. If they would abandon, they wouldn't mess with it.

4. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070 mini/290x
    actually these cards stock wasnt much below this, i been using these bios/firmware for like 6 months without any issues in any games i play, no i actually could push them a big ferther but i dont want to bother, since my cpu is most def the biggest bottleneck in the system.

nice ASSumptions there buddy... keep up the good work ;)

and note: i would do the same thing fan wise even if i ran a stock 290x bios, funny though, i can run any bench of stability test on the cards and they remain stable..yet...the ASSumption is still they are a timebomb.

the issue with wattman with 290/390, and from what a few people i know have said, older/lower models(anything pre RX4*0 and fury), it is all down to buggered wattman profiles, by using a pre-relive driver, i avoid wattman using buggered profiles and switching my gpu core between 300 and 1075mhz over and over as happens with 290/390/etc range cards, i actually monitored wattman switching the card to 150, 300, 450 and 1075, this is with 3 monitors hooked up, i switched to the backup bios using 100% stock 290x settings, not even the trix overclock applied....it had the exact issue this genius ASSumes that i will run into because its somehow my bios, and not the avoidance of the buggered wattman profiles that has allowed me to avoid bugs..

interesting though that occt gpu test says both cards are stable, as does looped runs of 3dmark, uniengine, and hours of battleborn/dirtybomb/overwatch/elder scrolls online/swtor/guild wars 2/Red Orchestra 2/servo/torchlight 2/wildstar online....and others.........mean nothing....its going to explode on me someday......

5. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    Next day, in the PF Prophet Labs :D :

[​IMG]

You don't have to be a d*ck to people who correctly point to you that flashing clocks on your cards might bite you one day.

6. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070 mini/290x
    didnt use it as a workaround, stilts bios give better perf, lower temps, and take seconds to flash, i did this MONTHS ago(at least 6...probably more...) stilts bios have much better memory timings...dude did a great thing for us geeks...but you need a pcb that works with them....(in short a ref pcb or one compatible with ref firmware/bios...my trix cards where perfect for the flash...and my temps dropped and i just tested, i can set clocks in trixx without any negative side effects(no flicker/gpu clock jumping around constantly as is the biggest issue with wattman on older cards(that have buggered wattman profiles at the moment..)

i mentioned that i flashed the bios because, if anything the cards have been more stable and more reliable with the stilt gaming bios, the 12.12.x had me wondering but when you switch back to stock amd bios and it dosnt help....you may be looking at a driver feature specific bug...naa couldnt be....wouldnt fit with the ASSumption the dude made.

quite a major OC on my card to... :p
    http://www.sapphiretech.com/productdetial.asp?pid=640A98CD-0CF0-4191-B75C-CA2800111ADB&lang=eng

anyway, *knock on wood* i havent found any major bugs yet when installed over the 16.11.5's, as long as you leave out the radeon settings upgrade/update.... YMMV

7. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070 mini/290x
    naa, been using these bios for 6 months or more, and that the card ran at nearly the same clocks, and identical offset, the only problem i have ever had is wattman, and it happens with the ****ing stock ****ing bios when i set both cards switches to the fallback position... (slower clocks, higher temps, lower perf..)

still amusing you people make ASSumptions without getting more data...

interesting that the cards can run for hours on end in real games and in bench/stress tools that push the whole system harder then any real game i play....

i didnt just flash these bios...i been using them for 6mo or so... would have flashed them years ago had i know about them.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1561904/mlu-bios-builds-for-290x

love it when people ASSume im a noob idiot.. topkek, topkek.

anyway, i doubt i will see any explosions of fires since i have been running the cards with these bios for 6+mo now without any issues not directly related to either needing to ddu, or bloody wattman profiles buggering up when you use 3rd party apps to tweak the card.

it would be nice if they would fix their **** to though... rather then shipping drivers that they know have buggered profiles for pre-wattman gen cards.

i only mentioned the bios because, if you got a compatible pcb, you would most likely be better off running them, plenty of choices, thankfully my cards work with the base +25mv, *same as stock bios had* not because i just discovered or started using them.

anyway, have fun ASSuming I am an idiot/noob.... im gonna go play some games....

8. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    What I get from all this is that you are someone who honestly believes that doing the ASS wordplay is remotely funny or witty.

It's just a dick move in a thread that most of us try to help each other. Wanna know a thing? I have my clocks flashed too. That doesn't make it neither safe, nor a solution for AMD-introduced bugs.

It also doesn't mean you can talk or behave like that towards people who don't call you names. How old are you dude?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  9. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070 mini/290x
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

no artifacts.

and i talk like this to people that make ******* assumptions, and im not using it as a solution, numbnuts, read my ****ing posts, i have been using these bios since long before relive or even crimson where a thing, they arent altered to remove lower clock states as you seem to think(idiot...) feel free to look at them in a bios reader/editor i linked the thread didnt i ?

i could be using the 1000/1250 version, im guessing you would still claim that was how i was avoiding the wattman clock bug..since you clearly have trouble with reading comprehension...

i will say it again...

I AM NOT USING THESE BIOS TO AVOID BUGS OR LOCK IN AN OVERCLOCK IM USING THEM BECAUSE THEIR PERF IS BETTER THEN STOCK WITH LOWER TEMPS TO BOOT!!!!

the bug at least for me, is triggered by using Radeon Settings installed by drivers above 16.11.5, i made the post not so people would flash their overclocks(a-hole) i mentioned it because they give better perf and temps at the same clocks, go give them a look, educate yourself, stop being an ass, stop making assumptions based on your own idiot bias...

sorry but i get sick of people being dbags and making assumptions based on their own personal bias.

you know what, i guess i can go get you the readme

nope its not an ideal solution, but, its a workaround that others have posted, i decided to try it, with this driver, leaving out ONLY the radeon cp update
    just keep using the 16.11.5 radeon settings cp rather then the updated one that seems to trip the bug, at least for me and those i have had test this driver update method on cards running the bios the cards shipped with...

yet, somehow im the *******, for mentioning i flashed stilts bios, even though, i did not do it to lock in a gd overclock....i did it because....extra perf+lower temps, even at the same clocks=a win to me...you dont agree, and thats fine...but you do not need to talk out your ass and claim my systems going to burst into flames..or isnt stable....when...the ONLY drivers since flash that i have had problems with, have been the relive 16.12.x and up with wattman... and...thats because wattmans profiles for our cards are buggered....

i dont see how telling people to just uncheck radeon settings when theydo and upgrade install for now is being an *******, but apparently it is....

btw, heres the readme from the bios/firmware i flashed(well all of them) my cards default offset was +25mv, thats why i used that bios, i very well could test and learn that it dosnt need any offset...but i havent bothered...as i doubt it will make all that much dif in temps...

used a code block,hope reading this posts helps you understand what i suggest people try....AND ITS NOT FLASHING THEIR OVERCLOCKS
    Code:
    Hawaii XT A0 (ASIC Rev. C9x) MLU Bios for MBA C67101xx board designs

SMC Firmware Revision 15.18.00
    Sequencer Firmware Revision 1.45 (ASIC dependant)
    GDB 015.045.000.010
    CL 1032885
    Hynix AFR 2Gb and Elpida BBBG 2Gb Only!!

Changes:

- Optimized VRM configuration (lower switching / conduction losses >> improved efficiency / thermals)
    - Optimized memory timings for SKHynix 2Gb AFR and Elpida / Micron 2Gb BBBG
    - Improved power and thermals at idle (non-gated) **
    - Improved power figures in LP state (DPM1) through better balancing
    - Automatic voltage offset options available -25mV, ±0mV, +25mV, +37.5mV, +50mV (build specific)
    - Adjusted engine and memory frequency options available (1000e/1250m, 1000e/1375m, 1050e/1250m, 1050e/1375m, 1075e/1250m, 1075e/1375m)
    - Maximum GPU VDD 1.36875V, VDDCI 1.14375V
    - The fan curve is based on a look-up table instead of "Fuzzy Logic" algorithm. The curve has been optimized for the MBA cooling solution, so altering the curve might be necessary on other configurations.

** Results in slightly higher power-gated (deep sleep) power consumption.

Notes:

- TDP Limit 104-312W (208W ±50% through PowerTune, default)

Important:

Memory straps are active only at the exact nominal frequency of the bios build. On builds defaulting to 1250MHz MEMCLK any other frequency than 1250MHz will init the strap change. At 1249MHz the MC uses strap intended for 1250MHz MEMCLK while at 1251MHz strap for 1375MHz MEMCLK will be used. This will increase the latency significantly. Bios builds defaulting to 1375MHz MEMCLK contain two identical straps which makes the memory latency perfectly linear (1250-1375MHz).

Hawaii MC strapping:

- 150-400MHz
    - 401-800MHz
    - 801-900MHz
    - 901-1000MHz
    - 1001-1125MHz
    - 1126-1250MHz
    - 1251-1375MHz
    - 1376-1500MHz
    - 1501-1625MHz
    - 1626-1750MHz

Build Catalog:

** 1000e / 1250m **

25M.bin = -25mV offset, 1000MHz / 1250MHz (engine / memory)
    0PM.bin = ±0mV offset, 1000MHz / 1250MHz (engine / memory)
    25P.bin = +25mV offset, 1000MHz / 1250MHz (engine / memory)
    375P.bin = +37.5mV offset, 1000MHz / 1250MHz (engine / memory)
    50P.bin = +50mV offset, 1000MHz / 1250MHz (engine / memory)

** 1000e / 1375m **

M25M.bin = -25mV offset, 1000MHz / 1375MHz (engine / memory)
    M0PM.bin = ±0mV offset, 1000MHz / 1375MHz (engine / memory)
    M25P.bin = +25mV offset, 1000MHz / 1375MHz (engine / memory)
    M375P.bin = +37.5mV offset, 1000MHz / 1375MHz (engine / memory)
    M50P.bin = +50mV offset, 1000MHz / 1375MHz (engine / memory)

** 1050e / 1250m **

0PM.bin = ±0mV offset, 1050MHz / 1250MHz (engine / memory)
    25P.bin = +25mV offset, 1050MHz / 1250MHz (engine / memory)
    375P.bin = +37.5mV offset, 1050MHz / 1250MHz (engine / memory)

** 1050e / 1375m **

M0PM.bin = ±0mV offset, 1050MHz / 1375MHz (engine / memory)
    M25P.bin = +25mV offset, 1050MHz / 1375MHz (engine / memory)
    M375P.bin = +37.5mV offset, 1050MHz / 1375MHz (engine / memory)

** 1075e / 1250m **

25P.bin = +25mV offset, 1075MHz / 1250MHz (engine / memory)
    375P.bin = +37.5mV offset, 1075MHz / 1250MHz (engine / memory)
    50P.bin = +50mV offset, 1075MHz / 1250MHz (engine / memory)

** 1075e / 1375m **

M25P.bin = +25mV offset, 1075MHz / 1375MHz (engine / memory)
    M375P.bin = +37.5mV offset, 1075MHz / 1375MHz (engine / memory)
    M50P.bin = +50mV offset, 1075MHz / 1375MHz (engine / memory)

// The Stilt //

10. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070 mini/290x
    i know, i know im an ******* for posting this suggested possible fix(worked for me)

install the 17.1.1 as an upgrade to the 16.11.5's, by choosing "custom install" then unchecking the box as shown below.
    [​IMG]

trixx 6.3.0 works without clock cycling issues wattman profiles seem to bring to the table....

this isnt an ideal solution, but, if it works its safer then other methods people use to avoid these bugs

personally...the fix i had to use with my 5770 and 6870's was to edit the bios to make min clock 350 or 450 and ram to its middle clocks, because it would drop gpu to 150mhz, and ram to like 300 or something, thats to low to deal with 2-3 high res monitors... it wasnt an ideal fix, but it didnt cause any harm, since you where not changing the upper limit of the cards clocks...sort of like me flashing stilts bios that use the same offset and clocks very close to my stock shipped clocks(below what i could oc to with trixx/ab before flashing, but..funny enough, better perf with lower power draw and lower temps...for me, even flashing the bios that where 1050/1300 (stockfor my card) would have likely given equal or better gaming performance...but again with lower temps...

I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU FLASH YOUR OVERCLOCK TO YOUR CARD AND NEVER HAVE SUGGESTED THAT(despite what some have implied/said)

25mhz core, 75mhz on ram...is lower then what i could get with ab or trixx before flashing, i just dont see the need to oc the card anymore, my cpu is my bottleneck not my gpu in most cases anyway...

11. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    PF Prophet: I never said you were a noob/idiot, I simply said that by applying your OCs via a BIOS flash, and never touching the clock settings through Wattman or 3rd party app, you are avoiding tripping up the bug, but that the bug is still there, and down the road, some other app or driver reset may trip it for you.

How this was considered an attack on you personally, I have no idea. Sorry if you misconstrued my meaning.

If you are comfy with the stability, then by all means enjoy. Just be aware that it COULD blow up in your face. As always, YMMV.

12. campcreekdude

campcreekdude Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7970 crossfire
    My friend has dual 390x's... he always disables ULPS - he said that the most recent drivers had no problems.

I build a R9 390 computer for my nephew with the 1st version of RE-Live.
    I had to disable ULPS - The memory clock speed was stuck at 150 mhz with dual monitors and flickering screen issue.

With the 1st version of RE-Live i sent AMD a ticket about the 150mhz bug/flickering screens. They said that many people are reporting it.

AMD's fix was go back to older drivers... my fix was disable ULPS and powerplay.
    They also said wait until next release of driver.

When I get to visit my nephews computer I will get around to updating his drivers. But he seems happy with what he has so far... after I did the ULPS fix to stop flickering screen.

He bought that computer and now is broke can't even get more games for it LOL... so new drivers for new games won't be an issue until he saves up more money.

I'm not afraid to try the new drivers... as long as you don't care about disabling ULPS and Powerplay. Will try it in a bit the next time I visit.

13. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070 mini/290x
    because, its imho no more likely to blowup then running the stock bios/firmware for my card, its not like i did what you really really really are stuck on saying i did.

and, i did ****ing change the ****ing clocks and its not tripped the wattman bug for me yet...it tripped every time with the 16.12's with the updated radeon settings installed, and at times it would trip if i did the update as i did this time, thankfully, so far, this isnt happening.

hows my card running bios thats major change is better memory timings, temps and efficiency that others havent been having such issues with since...lets see.... when was the 290x bios i linked released??

let me check... [​IMG]

looks like it was 6/24/15, i installed them, checking the post i saved to speed dial, i have been using these cards for almost 10 months with these bios, temps are lower...yeah im sure its going to explode/burst into flames because im not using sapphire's supplied bios.....im sure im not really stable...no matter what my experiance or software stability tests say...its just waiting to burst into flames because i installed a bios with better power efficiency and memory timings....

and, im sure installing the latest drivers over the 6.11.5's without radeon settings will cause all sorts of havoc and stability/perf issues....and cause my system to burst into flames/explode/etc....

i mean, how dare i suggest a workaround that, at least so far, is working for me and 5 people i game with... all on 290/390 or older models...

i guess i should just stick with the 6.11.5's as is and wait for amd to fix it...or is that risking everything blowing up in my face to?

holy crap...its like you think i flashed the max stable clocks for this card or something.....with higher offset/voltages or something.....

i have been flashing video card bios since the tnt and rage 128 era...learned long ago never to push even close to a max-oc in bios... but i REALLY doubt im going to see any issues, since i havent the last aprox 10 months...at least no problems that arent related directly to buggy driver builds...that where fixed with ddu and fresh install of latest drivers, or ddu and install last build that didnt have whatever bug i had found/run into...

i went back to the 16.11.5's, installed the latest profiles from 16.12.2, and it worked fine, (oh ****, is that going to cause my system to blow up in my face?), using the 16.12.x in the same way i suggest installing the 17.1.1 over the 16.11.5's was hit and miss, but if you deleted all the extra files and just kept the core video driver, or u know, just downloaded the minimal driver that dosnt come with any of the extra software...it would trip around 30% of the time, force driver restart to stop the clock cycling.

now...at least so far....i havent had the screen start twitching out due to clock cycling.

for most people, i would just tell them if they need to change the clocks, either stick to 16.11.5 with profiles from 16.12.2 but nothing else...as that dosnt install anything that ****s up your clocking ability.

that, or use clockblocker and setup rules do it will hold your card at the clocks you want...again this isnt a fix..its a workaround till amd fix their ****..

the 16.11.5's give me zero issues with using trixx or ab to change clocks and do not trigger this driver bug(that i wish somebody could track down to specific files so we could swap them out from the 16.11.5's versions, again as a temp fix....till amd pulls head from ass and fixes the wattman profiles bs or removes it for older cards...

anyway, i will wait for my system to blow up, im sure after 10months it will happen at any moment...teaching me not to flash video bios without the manufacturers instruction to do so!!! ;)

14. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070 mini/290x
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/5ojm8o/crimson_relive_edition_1711/

15. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070 mini/290x
    heres the issue people are talking about that ulps on/off dosnt effect(sadly)
    https://youtu.be/nEP_6kMd2lc

16. poisxpto

poisxpto New Member

GPU:
    sapphire rx480 8gb
    i had some problems, undervolting with last version, but with this one all fine. no oc.

17. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    PF Prophet: I have to LOL. "Just be aware that it COULD blow up in your face." is an euphemism for saying "the driver bug may trigger and give you issues". I was in no way referring or suggesting that your card will actually catch on fire.

Don't bother responding, as I have lost interest in discussing this further.

18. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 560 w8 4 Vega 56
    Wattmann is pretty good but they should have given an options to disable it.

19. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    Wattman is disabled by default. You can activate it on first start by accepting a disclaimer, same as with OverDrive before.

20. Jouven

Jouven Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro OC
    Installed this drivers yesterday, no problems. Btw unofficial overclocking mode "without powerplay support" on AB works again, can OC both core and memory and the clocks stay fixed, no matter if power efficiency is on or off. I suggest turning power efficiency off, it seems the driver/card can't gauge properly when more juice is needed and it fails to turn up the clocks all the way up giving less FPS that having it off.

Is there a way to prevent when installing the drivers that "default windows playback audio" changes to the newly hdmi drivers? It always leaves me without sound until I change it back to my sound card.