AMD Crimsom ReLive 17.1.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Portman87

Portman87 Member Guru

GPU:
    NITRO RX 480 8GB
    Not even bothering to install the new drivers.I just read the comments.Still using 16.4.2 :bang:

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Ive not updated since last March, still on the 16.3 Hotfixes, i see no point in updating everytime a new driver comes out now, not when the one im on is working fine without issue.

Makes me laugh everytime a new driver comes out, and people who update post, had to roll back to my previous, these broke this that and the other, which was working fine on my previous drivers, well why'd you update then ? :D

3. THEAST

THEAST Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    The UVD bug is when the clocks on GCN v1.0 cards get stuck on UVD clocks (somewhere between 2D and 3D clocks which is designed for GPU-accelerated video playback). What you are experiencing is a different problem that others are also experiencing.

I can pretty much reliably trigger the bug with Skype now. As soon as a make a call, the clocks go to UVD state and stay there and never come done even if I close Skype. Funny thing is, I wrote multiple reports to AMD regarding Skype waking the second GPU from ULPS sleep for no reason as soon as it is started, but the latest build in Skype actually fixed that, yet now it causing this stupid UVD bug...

4. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The Windows PC API was not dead and the debugging and profiling capabilities were partially merged into Visual Studio.. The VS graphics profiler and debugger has improved a lot but a lot of developers ask for a separate PIX version for Windows PC too as it was on the various versions of XBOX consoles.. And finally it comes back : D

EDIT: SM6 wave ops are reported to be supported (even on GCN1 hardware), but still no SM6 support on the public branch. We must wait 'till Creator Update (and no more I hope).

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017

5. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700XT Gaming OC
    Still can't change voltage from Wattman but AB works fine with overclocking and voltage.

6. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Wattman is hard coded to max voltage...my RX 480 is hard coded to 1175 however other OC software can set it higher.

7. pakoo

pakoo Member Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT

Hi thanks for help, but not work for me, unstable overclock and freezin. Suck a lot AMD, go back 16.11.5

8. Architecture

Architecture New Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 Gaming 8G
    Updating from 16.11.5 to 16.12.2 took me from roughly 79 fps in Planet Coaster down to sub-20 fps. It also disabled my GPU fan curve profile in Afterburner.

Wattman inside Radeon Settings wouldn't let me address the speed of the VRAM, nor would any third-party OCing software (AB, NZXT Cam, etc). Took me too long to diagnose before I came across the Guru3D thread for 16.12.2.

9. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Tried OC using WattTool, and as soon as I edit memory clocks... BOOM, instant video chaos. Resetting Wattman to defauts still enables 150Hz clocks, which it shouldn't.

So far the driver seems to recover better if I do a full reboot, unlike before which kept the downclocks. So far. Time will tell.

As for using AB, or any other tool: You can use it to adjust voltages, power settings, and fan controls, just NEVER EVER adjust GPU or Memory clocks. Use Wattman ONLY. Oh and when I used AB to disable ULPS, it went BOOM on me.

As for AB needing an update: It does not. AMD b0rked the importing of hardware table settings involving Hawaii/Grenada to Wattman. The fix needs to come from AMD. (Confirmed by Sapphire and a couple other venders and tool writers) Why some cards work fine is a mystery, and I'd gamble on firmware differences, despite the fact that AMD makes the formware for the vendors. (I had an issue with 5870M firmware causing issues with a revision of the hardware, caused by embedded memory timings in firmware while at Asus)

10. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    I see, that is a pretty serious bug.
    What's the solution, restart the PC?

If that would happen to me, I would go all odds to nvidia, I have been reading for months that "UVD PROBLEM" from some users here, but wouldn't ever imagine that would be so damn serious!

Cheers

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I think SM6 is only for feature levels 12_0 and 12_1 which GCN1.0 does not support. We'll probably be left behind so dont get your hopes up.

12. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Did not take long for 150Hz lock bug to arise. Back to 16.11.5.

13. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Pulse
    simply, some new game does not work at all..

some game will run from ex. 40fps with old drivers to 50 with new drivers..

and this relive drivers feature wattman for older gpu and video recording.. all for free..

14. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    Nope. It will even work with DX11 apps. I don't understand the recent trend to consider hardware that is actually still modern, "dead". It only makes AMD's life easier the day the decide to quit supporting it so that we buy their new stuff.

For all intents and purposes, the differences between Tahiti and Polaris seem to be miniscule compared, for example, to Vega. Don't give them excuses for the future, they have done it before with anti-aliasing and VSR (which even worked with 5000 series cards but it was later "cut").

15. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SM6 is mandatory for FL 12.0+ GPUs (optional for lower FL), but wave ops are an optional capability of the API and can be used on SM5.x too. Some of those capabilities should be mapped more or less as AMD AGS currently does (on all GCN iterations): https://github.com/GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/AGS_SDK/blob/master/ags_lib/inc/amd_ags.h#L141

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Im back to the Best Driver to date (Fastest)
    16.2.2 Jan3 WHQL

This one is slower in comparison, waiting for better ones :)

17. miiksu

miiksu Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 Nano
    Still no chill option here. This all what I got under global settings.

[​IMG]

18. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Personally, if the issue with Wattman and 2xx/3xx is such a PITA to fix, then disable Wattman support and use the older OverDrive until you have a working model.

19. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    turn off powerplay completely. use clock blocker and you can set and hold whatever oc settings you want

20. loracle

loracle Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    all problems occures with the arrival of wattman, so hope amd remove this ****.