AMD Crimsom ReLive 17.1.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jan 17, 2017.

1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Same here, no problems at all (until now) on my 380.

Just used ddu and install 17.1.1. :)

I have not installed 3rd party programs for my gpu...I just check the temp's
    with wattman..all good!

2. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    Same here, I'm playing BF1 (DX12) and War Thunder recently and using MSI AB for OC, fan regulation and monitoring - no issues at all.

3. ninja750

ninja750 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Pulse
    crazy

anyone who have experienced artifacts on farcry4 or assetto corsa with relive drives has tryed this new package? i'm still on 16.11.3 because this

4. ninja750

ninja750 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Pulse
    unwinder, if we use AB only to have the OSD function there will be no problems?

5. zixss

zixss Member

GPU:
    ASUS RX480 8GB
    No problems here with MSI Afterburner with all of the most recent driver versions.

To solve any MSI Afterburner issues, please take the following steps:
    go to Settings>

1. Disable Extend Official Overclocking
    2. Disable ULPS
    3. Disable Unofficial overclocking mode

4. Enable:
    -reset display mode
    -enable unified GPU usage monitoring
    -enable autosaved startup settings

5. Restart the computer (otherwise it may hang)

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

The only known compatibility issue is related to overclocking stability via new Wattman (aka ODN or OverdriveNext) overclocking API on old 2xx/3xx series cards. So using any tool including AB for monitoring purposes only should work fine.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  7. ninja750

ninja750 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Pulse
    thanks very much! hope amd will solve this issues i want to use the new drivers but even i don't want to miss my (light) oc

8. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    I'm not sure what is this UVD bug people have been talking about.
    I have a GCN 1.0 (HD 7850), the biggest bug I have is some sort of conflict between the MSI AB and the Overdrive (in my case is not called wattman yet), that sometimes I do overclock with MSI AB and the clock don't change, when I get back to the Overdrive, when I am going to overclock there, the bars are messed up especially the memory, I just have to reset the PC and things get fixed.

Altough I've seen some people here complain about the memory clock goes idle to 150mhz and never get back up.. that's some serious bug..
    Is there a loss of performance or it is simply bad reading?
    I've been noticing a lot of bad reading on MSI AB and GPU-Z some time before the relive, maybe the 16.7...
    Cheers..

9. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 570 4GB
    LMAO this has been an issue from the very beginning.

10. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Wow oh wow.

Okay AB will be need to worked on from MSI side however there is no point for them to update it just yet until Microsoft finalizes the work and changes they are making to WDDM, Built in app, 3d display etc for the upcoming Windows Creator Editions as any work will mostly be nothing and have to be totally re-done.

I have already posted the work around to get back hue, saturation etc back in to the relive divers, though not tested it with this latest release as I do not use those options.

Now I am just gonna express my opinion, the AMD driver team is working with MS on the driver framework for the all the changes that will be coming to Windows in the Creator Edition coming soon. You can see some of the changes and how display drivers are behaving in the last couple of Windows insider builds. I had to revert back to Insider build 14986 due to a number of display issues that both 15002 and 15007 are showing.

I am not defending AMD for these last few drivers and they really stink with the variety of issues they have had.

11. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
  12. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    Heh, I thought that PIX is dead already.

13. Lurk

Lurk Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080
    taskbar behaviour in Eyefinity on Win7 still resetting to default at re-boot.

The taskbar spans across all monitors at startup even if the option to display it on one monitor only in "old" CCC is ticked.
    The ONLY way to have it display as intended is to launch "old" CCC EVERYTIME after boot. And *POP* the taskbar moves to the display where you want it to be.
    It has been like this for the past 20 driver releases.

Not bothering to report this, don't want to start a back and forth mailing with AMD telling them that my system is fine. This is basic functionality, a ticked option not doing its job ffs.

Not having other major problem with these drivers, but I CANNOT comprehend why they are STILL living on this hybrid mix between old and new, where the so-called additional settings are nothing but additional; as a matter of fact most of the stuff there is absolutely essential.

How long it's taking them to come up with a unified control panel is simply beyond me. Right now it's an idiotic mix of new and old and Windows snap-in's (e.g. color calibration) that has no coherence whatsoever.

Out of pure curiosity, I wonder how Nvidia has been handling it so far.

I hope AMD will not take another year to come up with a rational solution. Right now it's pure nonsense.

p.s. I don't mind the new interface, btw. Only wish for it to be the only thing one has to open to configure graphics and display environments.

AND FIX SLS TASKBAR BEHAVIOUR, PLS!!!

14. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Here are the instructions again for adding back. I just tested this again with 16.11.5 and 17.1.1 I know this should not have to be done, but it only takes a couple of minutes until AMD gets this right...just stop bitching about it and just keep reporting it.

@a mod should I make a separate post to get stickied with this how to?

[​IMG][/IMG]

Intall 16.11.X ( whichever one you like the most)

Reboot.

Start install of 17.1.1 You will be upgrading as to maintain the correct settings needed in Relive for the options to appear and work.

Click Local Driver.

Click Custom Install

Uncheck AMD Settings.

Click Install NOT CLEAN INSTALL

Reboot.

I click Skip on Radeon Relive the AMD DVR you can make your own choice here.

Reboot

(If you are using a custom polaris vbios you need to run Ati Pixel Patcher before or after reboot and reboot again. Note if you only need the custom bios signed, rename the program from "atikmdag-patcher.exe" to "atikmdag-patcher-bios.exe" )

Navigate to your AMD install folder...should be C:\AMD\Non-WHQL-Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-17.1.1-Jan16\Packages\Apps\CN\CNext\cnext64 (cnext if on 32 bit not tested on 32 bit OS

Install ccc-next64 ( or ccc-next if 32 bit OS)

Reboot

Now that you have done all this you will have your display color control back and working in the additional options and have all the new features that were added in the Relive drivers since Dec 2016.

15. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    MSI Setting for non MSI GPUs or Third Party GPUS for Relive Driver:

How to use MSI Afterburner with the new Relive drivers. Note Trixx sometimes work and sometimes does not at this time.

This is based on a number of Unwinder has posted on the net as well as a couple of other things I read. I had previously posted this in the previous relive driver discussion. Most credit goes to Unwinder in trying to answer other peoples inquires. Let just leave it at that. Thanks Unwinder.

I am not sure if you are using a MSI AMD card would the settings be different. I can only show what you need with a non MSI gpu aka Third part card. NOTE you may still have issues with MSI Afterburner as it does not yet fully support the Relive Drivers. Be patient. Remember you have to apply any overclock on restarts or start up. Sometimes even have to reapply them after sleep or hibernation as well as voltage will not be saved.

3dmark firestrike run just after posting this using these settings in Afterburner and overclocking my GPU. Red mod here with AIO on my 480.
    Core 1450 Mem 2300 +100mv +50 powerlimit. Note I am also using the Powercolor unlocked bios that I have modded and changed mainly my Memory straps.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/17460885

[​IMG]

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    I haven't used the SDK but going by the tooltip for the setting voltage control can be on standard ("reference") even with non-MSI cards, setting it to full third party would I think make use of MSIAfterburner.oem2 which unlike the other two is in plain text and can be edited or added to.
    (The Tri-X Fury I'm using is on a reference Fury PCB though so how it would work with the Asus what it was called or Sapphire Nitro model using a custom PCB I can't say.)

I would assume that without a MSI GPU you would normally only use either reference or third party if reference isn't working for editing voltage. :)
    (The two others explicitly mention MSI.)

17. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    You are correct as that is how it should be...and how it has worked previous to the Relive drivers.

Chasity has also verified my settings to make it work most correctly until MSI AB gets updated. Chasity was having issues with relive and MSI AB until we found the "most correct settings"

Just remember we are fighting with Wattman even if you do not accept the Wattman EULA as wattman is baked into the the actual drivers.

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Well I'm a pretty novice user of Afterburner, still have a lot of reading to do on some of the more advanced settings. :)

Main problem is probably for older GPU's where Wattman is introducing problems whereas the Fury, Nano and the Polaris 400 series likely work pretty well as long as you don't use Wattman since that would likely conflict with the Afterburner settings.
    (But just don't open it and that should be all.)

EDIT: Which I guess means AMD will (finally) have to solve some of these backwards compatibility issues, people probably had expected the 17.x drivers to at least acknowledge these but nope.

19. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

I'll repeat once again that there won't be any special MSI AB update with "improved" ReLive support.

20. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Sorry Unwinder I missed you saying that before.