AMD Crimsom ReLive 17.1.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jan 17, 2017.

1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    New AMF 17.1.1 and up..

Update of AMF SDK for RX 480, 470, 460
    + - AVC new Preanalysys parameter added
    + - Full range for color space converter and AVC encoder added
    + - HEVC encoder component added

2. Metalfreeza

Metalfreeza Guest

GPU:
    r9 280x
    are the additional settings working again? i still can't edit brightness and gamma.

3. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    I actually did a bit of experimenting with this on my R9 390 (RAM clocks go to max when more than one monitor is enabled).

I found that IF I only use DP ports, I can have 2 monitors enabled and the RAM clocks will stay at idle. Adding a 3rd monitor causes it to go to max RAM speed.

I will post back in a few minutes after I try with using one DP port with an MST hub to output to multiple monitors.

Edit: Same behavior with the MST hub.
    2 monitors - idle RAM clocks (when on the desktop)
    3 monitors - max RAM clocks (when on the desktop)

Not sure why it has to be that way, but whatever.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  4. miiksu

miiksu Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 Nano
    Hopeful dropping features is not trending long. Still hoping if they can bring hue and saturation settings back.

5. Kruse

Kruse Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 290X 4GB
    Any word on the mem clock/secondary display flickering issue?

6. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    fade up with this f***g amd drivers they d'ont listen to us, next gpu nvidia

7. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Can anyone please explain what's the issue with the R9 390?
    It's just wattman that doesn't work? Or it's something else?

8. herpaderpa

herpaderpa Member

GPU:
    AMD
    r9 290 here and no issues
    you guys could try WattTool

9. robnitro

robnitro Member

GPU:
    XFX RS RX 480 8gb
    You know when the GPU is using more power for same clock and voltage, it means there is better use of the pipelines/shaders!

Same reason why on CPU torture tests, the AVX intel burn in test uses 20-30% more power than other tests.

For GPU stress test I always use occt. Why? It can load up ALL the shaders and stress to the max. Heaven, 3dmark, games, may not use the full gpu, until some driver update then people have crashes. An overclock that was stable under older versions and not now is an overclock that would have failed my OCCT testing long ago :)

10. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    As expected, no fixes for issues that so many people are experiencing, and no acknowledgments either.

The UVD bug is driving me crazy these days, I don't remember experiencing this so frequently up until 16.11.2, but since 16.11.4, I see it happening far too frequently. I have to keep a copy of CRU lying around and every time it happens, I have to first close Afterburner (or else after the driver is reset, the automatic fan profile in Afterburner will be disabled on both of my cards for some reason) and Firefox (since the fonts and everything break if it is open during driver reset), reset the driver with CRU (which takes quite a while due to my multi-gpu setup), reopen Afterburner and Firefox, rinse and repeat...

If you ask Unwinder, he will probably tell you the exact opposite.

11. Tmfwow

Tmfwow Member

GPU:
    XFX r9 290 DD
    Saturation and other advanced settings still missing... Such a shame back to 16.11.5 :(

12. Architecture

Architecture Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 Gaming 8G
    The issue I've experienced was due to Wattman interfering with my R9 390's VRAM clock speeds.

The card had a default clock speed of 1040MHz with a memory clock speed of 1500MHz. Wattman, doing it's "intelligent" efficiency thing, will slow down the RAM during desktop usage to 150MHz, or 10% the speed of the card at stock value. The VRAM never speeds up, however, even when launching a game or other similarly GPU-intensive application.

I found myself having to use both DDU & AMD's uninstall utility and Guru3D's archive to roll back to 16.11.5 just to have a working PC again.

That the latest driver update makes zero mention of this bug is beyond the pale. I am likely to just buy a 1070 this week and fly my middle fingers high in AMD's direction. This is insane.

13. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Lie.

14. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    ULPS bug that has been around since 16.7.3 drivers where Windows 10 64 bit freezes at the "Restarting" and "Shutting Down" screen (full shutdown, not kernel hibernation) with two 7970Ms in Crossfire (and other Crossfired GCN1.0 cards, I assume) is still present in these. Will AMD ever fix this?
    It's such a hassle to disable ULPS every time after a new driver installation and it doesn't take until after OS restart either, so one system hang is inevitable. If any Windows Updates are pending, this manages to corrupt the Windows updates into a loop at times, too.

Also, I seem to have to install these drivers twice to get AMD Radeon Settings working properly. This issue first appeared in 16.12.2 for me, before it installed right away.

Once these hurdles are conquered, however, the drivers appear to work well, just as the previous Re-Live-branded drivers.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  15. Hellraiser

Hellraiser Member

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Been doing a lot of recording with relive in Battlefield 1 and I'm finally getting above 60fps with my Gigabyte 290 but like some people have said, if I try to overclock my card it wont hold those clocks. Chill is off and I pretty much run the lowest settings possible in game and on the card.

Was wondering if they plan to fix the recording variance of fps! if I set fps to 60 it should record 60 not 54~55~56fps! Had the same problem with Raptr. But Yer I don't really want to update anymore at all unless they fix a few more things.

Quality over Quantity I heard somewhere !

16. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    After the 95C issues I had a few times with my Sapphire R9 390 Nitro in the earlier two Relive drivers and not a mention of the issue or a fix in 17.1.1s, I don't see the point of risking installation.

I'm going to stick with 16.11.5 for now, using Sapphire Trixx to run a custom fan profile that runs at 100% fan speed at ~85C.

17. pakoo

pakoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Red Devil EL

Hi. What is the solution to Work overclocking With AB and relieve drivers?. Thanks and sorry my language

18. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    R9 280 and still no issues you guys report.. for last 2 years that I have had this card.

I have to ask guys, WTF?!? If I can run a machine without issues then so can you

19. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Solution is to wait for AMD to improve stability of ODN overclocking API on Hawaii/Tonga families.

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art....1.1-Beta-with-APU-Support-Release-Notes.aspx

APU version of 17.1.1
    (Instead of: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...mson-ReLive-Edition-17.1.1-Release-Notes.aspx )

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017