AMD Crimsom ReLive 17.1.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jan 17, 2017.

1. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Pulse
    just found this on the release notes of the 16.11.5 drivers known issues:

DOOM™ may experience a crash when launched using the Vulkan™ API on some Graphics Core Next products.
    DOTA™2 may experience a crash when launched using the Vulkan™ API on some Graphics Core Next products.

but this notes are gone away from 16.12.1 :3eyes: does it mean that the problem is solved? :stewpid:

2. Spartan

Spartan Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    Try different Vulkan version?

3. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Pulse
    how? :3eyes:

4. Spartan

Spartan Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    Uninstall Vulkan Run Time Libraries, download a different driver and extract it, run VulkanRT.exe from Packages\Apps\VulkanRT64\VulkanRT\

5. Virs

Virs Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 390
    Regarding the new Windows build + game mode: Keep in mind that MS themselves said on their blog that this build is very bad for games, it has a nasty issue with them that will be fixed in a future build. It might be best to wait before trying it out / trying out games on newest builds.

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    16.11.x if I remember correctly used Vulkan 1.0.26.0 and these newer ones use 1.0.37.0, personally I just grab the latest runtime from the SDK - https://vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/home#windows since it's usually newer and they should retain backwards compatibility.

The Vulkan driver component might not have the full functionality of these newest runtime changes though but I'm not 100% certain on how this all works.
    (Nor do I know how much is client side IE how much DOOM benefits from newer Vulkan runtimes or driver updates and how much is in the game itself and would need to be updated to benefit from these changes, fixes and improvements.)

Anyways when AMD updated their Vulkan code to conform to the SDK 1.0.37.x changes they might have fixed whatever the problem was in those games if it was driver side. :)
    (If not then later updates to the game in question might have resolved the problem.)

EDIT: Runtime for 1.0.39.1

VulkanRT.rar
    http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/VJ1x1X11/file.html

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  7. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700XT Raw II
    PHP:
    I actually did have issues with my 290x on 1st and 2nd relive releases.
    I do run into bugs.
    Nice attitude with you are on your own assumptions.
    I have helped many here, especially regarding 21:9 downsampling on amd and freesync range.

What I am irritated with is the constant crying and nonsense on here that AMD does not care.
    I can tell you from personal experience it is just as bad and worse at times with nvidia.
    They never fixed the 21:9 dvi issue with 21:9 on windows 10.

Chasity, me, and others were trying to figure out the 290 cram clock issue when it arose.
    I stated mine is working with my 290x to show its not completely broken.
    People have to take into account their setup plays a massive role.
    I was running 3 monitors on my 290x and it cause they cram bug a lot more frequently.

I switched to a fury because it was a good deal, i had the money, didn't have the vram bug issue at the time, and most of all my step son needed a gpu. He was on a he 7850 1gb.
    But in 3 different pcs, the 290x vram clock bug has not shown up anymore with 17.1.1

8. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Pulse
    thanks, installed the last release 1.0.39 but nothing changed, actually if i go to the amd panel i continue to see 1.0.37 installed :3eyes: (1.0.37 vulkan api and 1.4.1 vulkan driver version)

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    For the version number at least that is from the AMD driver from the amdvlk64.dll file. :)

Redist uses the vulkan-1-1-0-39-1.dll and vulkan-1.dll along with a few others both in the System32 Windows environment and then a couple of files and the uninstaller in the Program Files environment.

10. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Regarding Vulkan: You can get multiple versions of the runtimes installed over time. Uninstalling them only does the last one, and you have to run the uninstaller again until they are all gone. THEN install the desired package.

11. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire V56 Pulse
    Hi,

Can you provide a link/instructions about adding an .exe?

Can't figure it out.

Thanks

12. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Okay of two minds on this so far as I have yet to see any difference with it on or off.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5386104&postcount=66

YOu have to make sure XBOX app and Game DVR are both on, you do not have to set it to auto record.

For non white listed games, you have to start it in a windowed mode,

then press Win-G, Check yes this is a game.

THen click option on the game bar.

Then check use Game Mode for this.

We do not know what is white listed or not, nor do we know what it actually doing. From my little testing I think I am starting to see, and really not too happy with it, cause if what I think it is doing, will be a bad thing overall for system stability. And it only seems to be doing that one thing. This is something I think but cannot prove.

13. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire V56 Pulse
    Ok, thanks for the answer.

Worth a try, just for the sake of it.

14. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    So, any report on what it actually does?

15. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire V56 Pulse
    Well, I used it on GWENT.

It's the first time that the game was actually recognized as a game!

No gpu core/mem erratic clocks (constantly since day one, regardless of driver version) and it seems to have eliminated the upper/lower screen section flickering.

If I find some time, I'll try BF1 and see how it behaves.

16. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    Maybe the "predictability" part means that the CPU and the GPU are always in the highest possible clocks, which would be GREAT.

17. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire V56 Pulse
    Had the same problem.

Just click on the bf icon (taskbar) and then, when the window gets maximized (fullscreen-borderless) double click on it as fast as you can (usually takes 1-2 tries to get it).

It stays @fullscreen, without any problem.

18. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Pulse
    just patched doom (20gb patch :3eyes: ) and now i've lost my savegames but it works with vulkan! :) so it's not a driver-side "bug"

thanks to all :)

19. campcreekdude

campcreekdude Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7970 crossfire
    I do notice adding a monitor can cause issues.

I had an issue (not a clock mhz issue but just game screen menu issue) then i turned off my second monitor and reloaded then it worked fine.

I tried to replicate the issue it but I couldn't.

Yes for starters I reccomend people try going down to one monitor to see if that can pinpoint the issue. And have more accurate service tickets to AMD.

I'm sure with all the people with bugs they are full aware of it now. But the more tickets I feel the more it will be noticed.

20. chris89

chris89 Member Guru

GPU:
    1 bit of video ram pcie
    I tried Asder00's 15.5 on win10 x64 no go... freeze and black screen during install even with DSE off.

Does this allow 3840x2160 or will Asder00 release a 17.1.2 with 390X 3840x2160 VSR?