AMD Confirms Ryzen 4000 ‘Zen 3’ Desktop CPU Compatibility With X570 & B550 Motherboards – No Plans T

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by jwb1, May 7, 2020.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    all vendors need is the agesa modules.
    SMU controls chipset support.

2. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Do you hold millions to billions in stock, have done nothing else for most your life, only manipulate money for living now including bullying companies into doing greedy bullshit? Yeah, that's what I was referring to. Those are parasite. The average stock holder doesn't get into meetings with AMD executives and tell them what to do or they'll bail on X amount.

3. djm67

djm67 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    4 years of support for my X370 = happy camper.

4. YoItsBp

YoItsBp Guest

GPU:
    780 ti, 2080 super
    The graph says no ryzen 3000 non apu would be supported on x370 but is so im willing to bet my board that has 128mb of bios memory will get ryzen 4000 also.

mohiuddin likes this.

5. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    MSI will probably be deleting this blog post soon :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

I'm reading a lot on other forums people defending AMD and blaming mobo makers. But this kinda makes you believe even mobo makers were blindsided by this.

olymind1 likes this.
  6. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Not surprised by this because of the limited amount of BIOS storage the Mobo manufacturers choose to or told to equip the board with. Here's what Mobo manufacturers and AMD could do with boards below B550 like X470,B450 they could drop support 1st gen Ryzen support because how many users will have 1st gen Ryzen with all the issues those CPUs had with memory parings.

7. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    But as many have pointed out, many mobos have bigger ones, like the Tomahawk. And for the others, then offer a special BIOS that strips older supported processors people won't use, and give support for just the newer ones.

8. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    True. Also who knows what AMD is going to do with the 4xx series boards as far as Zen 3 support goes. No one as far as I am aware of asked AMD if they are going to give a special beta BIOS like they did with X370 boards. That is the one question that needs to be asked.

9. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Well Hardware Unboxed asked and AMD said no. X570/B550 only. Its bullshit.

10. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    NICE!!!! Exactly why I try to stay on the top with the motherboards. I would be stoked for an upgrade maybe a couple years down the road, but am totally happy at where I am at right now.

Just need to get my 3960X setup back up and running after nixing the OS in an attempt to figure out Gigabytes proprietary BIOS settings for their RAID setups. "Man this nonsense makes NO SENSE!!!"

11. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Well between X470 and B450 there are 3 generations (or 2.5 depending on how you interpret Zen+) which is very well. You don't see that out of Intel. Also the Threadripper users also got crap-canned with 3xxx series chips not being supported on the same board but in that case it was a new CPU socket.

12. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Not really because they could have checked and double checked and even tripled checked with AMD to make sure the boards they made are going to have next gen CPU support. Also It's not the mobo manufacturers' fault because AMD supplies them with the BIOSes they need.

13. apoklyps3

apoklyps3 Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G-GA
    I don't trust a single sound that comes out of their mouths

14. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    I think even if the motherboard vendors don't make any bios for zen 3 on 4xx series motherboards, people will find a way. Some simple BIOS mod.. adding microcode etc etc

15. McFly121

McFly121 Member

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 4gb
    Amd x370 support without problem ryzen 3000 series.The chart in article is a lie --right.

16. OliverYY

OliverYY Member

GPU:
    Memory size
    Personally, I much prefer shorter platform cycles if it means I don't have to worry about what supports what. Not a fan of A supports B with caveats 1, 2, 3c, 4a, 4d, 5 and 6c.

17. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Hope one realizes that this slide shows support up to 2020, not through 2020. Even the fine print says until. So the slide is accurate to what was currently stated about Ryzen3 only being supported on x500 series chipsets. So now it is being admitted to that this whole thread was a giant trolling?

moo100times likes this.
  18. Celcius

Celcius Master Guru

GPU:
    Orchid Pro Designer
    I have a several AM4 systems. The oldest among them is based on the B350 chipset.

It officially supports over seventy (70) different AM4-based processors with the BIOS versions available on the manufacturers website. Bristol Ridge, Summit Ridge, Raven Ridge, Pinnacle Ridge and Matisse.

Is anyone truly suggesting that I should be upset or feel betrayed to learn that this board will not support a Ryzen 4000?

Really? Seriously?

jbscotchman likes this.
  19. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Same for my C6H. The Type-T DIMM connectors is also sweet when having 4 DIMMs with XMP. The VRMs are more then enough for a 3950X. Don't care about PCI-E 4.0.. I will not change MB for this AM4 platform... Well maybe if I got a Zen3 for free i could consider a B550 MB.. otherwise I do not see any reason to change MB.

20. Rx4speed

Rx4speed Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 295x2
    I don't get it. My Crossfire VII Hero X470 has 256 Mb Flash ROM.