AMD Computex 2019 Keynote: watch the livestream with Ryzen 3000 Announcement

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 26, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    __hollywood|meo and chispy like this.
  2. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    From what i've heard this is going to be mostly x570 related, with most CPU details on models/clockspeeds/cache coming at E3 in june (for some.. reason).
    Ryzen 3000 preorders July 1st, actual launch July 7

3. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    will see in 9 hours i was expecting a paper lunch if i am honest of the 3000 series i think most of us are most want to see if the rumors where true all along about ryzen now if you buy chips late june or late july as far the rumors are true for most is not a deal breaker except if you find your self with a completely dead pc like i did at the end of the mining craze :p

4. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Seems exceptionally strange if true. Why on Earth would AMD only present a chipset, which is more on the mobo manufacturers' side of things? I'm sure AMD will advertise PCIe 4.0, but what else is there so interesting it would satisfy the audience if they don't talk about the CPUs? They would be booed off the stage. I could see it somewhat realistic if they didn't talk so much about Navi, for whatever reason, but considering Nvidia is going to announce something, it would be unfortunate indeed for AMD if they still didn't have good GPU news to give.

I'm not going to get up early just to watch some stream, I'll just check what Guru3D has to say about it in the morning.

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Eyes wide open :D , will watch the complete keynote to see what is in store for real on AMD side ...

6. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    It's not strange at all - you wrote a hint yourself: AMD *needs* to introduce X570 so all their board partners can freely show their offerings at Computex. I bet that's also the reason why AMD is giving the keynote one day before the show proper starts; that way partners can utilize every day of the show.

There is no similar hurry to announce for CPUs.

Gamers Nexus had a news piece today that also stated that the keynote will be mainly about X570, with maybe a few tidbits about Ryzen 3rd gen. (I'm paraphrasing.)

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  7. HWgeek

HWgeek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6200 Turbo Fotce @500/600 8x1p
    After another(last time with 28C) 5.0Ghz stunt from intel (9900KS) be ready - AMD will react with good juicy info :).

8. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Nobody's going to buy a mobo without a CPU to along with it. I'd imagine quite lukewarm reception for the mobos if people don't know if the new CPU are worth anything. Thus it ought to be the opposite to what you said: AMD would hurry to announce the new CPUs so that the audience would be eager to see the new mobos they'd need to get everything out of the CPUs.

tunejunky likes this.
  9. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    No one said they're going to hide the CPU's, just that the rumor going around is the focus will be on the boards with the full CPU lineup and details in 2 weeks at E3.

10. Arbie

Arbie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    I'm going to listen to every word, evaluate the many pro's and con's fairly and objectively, without bias, and consider all offerings.

Then I'll preorder a Ryzen 3K 12- or 16-core.

11. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    Neither the motherboards nor CPUs are or will be for sale before (allegedly) 7th July (with preorders starting on the 1st), so no one would - or could - be buying them either way. Computex is a trade show for journalists, to write about the stuff they see. That's where the motherboard makers absolutely need to show their stuff, so this is the last possible moment AMD could announce X570.

So Computex is the prime time and location for motherboard vendors, but it's different for AMD. They're better off elongating their publicity campaign and keeping some information for every week until release, to keep people interested and journalists writing (plus social media and forums buzzing; look at this discussion from just the livestream annoucement). New CPU specs will definitely succeed in that.

Enthusiasts wanting all the information immediately will not sway corporate PR.

AMD have already shown that the CPUs are "worth something": reaching same level of performance core-for-core than the i9-9900K while consuming much less power. Only question is whether they've managed to get the performance to scale beyond that (with more power).

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  12. fredgml7

fredgml7 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7600
    I spect to read very good news tomorrow morning. :D
    Even without details about clocks and prices, I think we are going to see some benchmark.

13. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Since this is at 9pm CST i'll probably watch it. Kind of exciting to have CPU competition back.

14. patteSatan

patteSatan Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 6700xt
    Just because I read this, I dont think I can sleep, interested in what AMD will present, and I already know, that it will be good stuff! (It cant be bad anyway)

15. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    CPU competition came back with zen a few years ago

16. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Stream is up/embedded on front page.

Maddness and __hollywood|meo like this.
  17. chrislondon

chrislondon Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    In Strange Brigade (probably the fastest) Navi beats the RTX2070 by 10%. The problem is Vega VII is already 30% faster, so this doesn't seem like a step forward. I would be disappointed If this wasn't fully expected.

18. Picolete

Picolete Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Pulse 6800
    It all depends on the price point

BReal85 likes this.
  19. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    the navi card has a 57xx demarcation & i would be absolutely shocked if it was the highest SKU, considering thats completely contradictory to multiple generations of prior releases naming schemes.

BReal85 likes this.
  20. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    One of the best keynotes I've ever seen--Dr. Su is incredible...;) Looks like these are all significant product launches! Can't wait for July!

BReal85 likes this.