1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Chipset Drivers Version 18.50.16.01 2019/03/19

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by CPC_RedDawn, Mar 27, 2019.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    New drivers for AMD Ryzen Chipsets.

Version 18.50.16.01

Dated 19/03/2019

Found this on Asus website, these drivers are recommended by Asus for people who update their X370 boards to the latest BIOS that supports new CPU's (my motherboard is a crosshair VI hero x370) the BIOS version for me is Version 6808.

Here is a quote from Asus website:
    These chipset drivers are NEWER than on AMD's official site. Which only has Revision Number 18.10.1810 dated 10/26/2018

Here is the link to download the new drivers:

LINK HERE

holystarlight, AsiJu, blitz72 and 2 others like this.
  2. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Thanks for the link I will test them out.

3. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    Not sure what to think. This new driver was released to MSI, Gigabyte, and ASUS yet AMD's site still has the old one up. I have it installed on my rig currently and all is functioning no different than before. The X370 prime received .0072 while the C6H is on .0070. Only item am glad about is not needing a cpu to be present when updating the bios. They at least thought that through.

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  4. yuhenyo

yuhenyo New Member

GPU:
    GTX1070
    Tried to install it but it won't push through. I ran it as admin (I am the only user), downloaded a new copy several times, extracted several times, run as admin (wait, I already said that). Any ideas why?

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x470

They don't really provide info for what these actually contain but saw that the file date was updated today and it had this in the description

Supports this:

And still contains the Win10 Ryzen Balanced power plan but for later RS4 and newer builds of Windows 10 I think it was these are less important due to OS fixes and improvements although the CPU min and max performance values differ compared to the OS standard balanced plan.

For Intel the "drivers" are mainly INF's unless it's the network or raid component that is a separate installation (Or the whole MEI stuff.) which is a text only file giving a device it's proper name but for AMD I am not sure so could have actual .sys driver files or could just be the same plus a power plan customized for Ryzen CPU's.

Hmm what else oh the PCI-E filter driver or what it is from the GPU might be in these too I'm not entirely sure but that would be a driver component if so, I might go for AMD next time upgrading is planned but for now I don't have too much insight into their motherboard and processor lineup other than what I'm reading up on or looking up for curiosity. :)
    (Like that power plan and how it's intended and what later Win10 OS changes altered which it seems 1903 here could have other adjustments too for AMD CPU hardware so yeah quite a bit more to read up on and re-learn hah.)

EDIT: And yeah figured I might as well use a existing first page topic for the drivers, again they're probably not the most important but anyone curious or interested will see a update or find it from other sources but well AMD is also probably just a short ways off from a newer update too for the what are they called the 550's and 590's for Zen 2 and those newer motherboards (Plus bios revisions for the 450's and 490's support which I think are already out at least partially.) and the Ryzen 3000 CPU lineup?

Yep, so much to re-learn and read up on, going to be fun but it's going to be a bit of a mess because things sure has changed since ~ 2011 or so. :D

Jackalito likes this.