AMD Chipset Drivers Download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Download the AMD Chipset Drivers for Ryzen processors. This driver set offers optimized chipset compatibility with AMD Ryzen processors and AMD Socket AM4....

AMD Chipset Drivers Download

2. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    AMD SB9xx RAID Drivers..... And where would they be because I can see SB7xx an SB8xx but no SB9xx folder

3. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Patience.

4. reeven

reeven Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTX280 750/1450/3000
    amd with their Lisaa.... are stupid as hell.
    sb900 users use for years sb700...
    from august 16 till now, with this new driver, amd chipset pack will not install on any mainboard with fx990.Because they link mainboard with amd gpu, so if you have an nvidia , chipset driver pack will get you an error.
    So thats Amd with their Lisa Su....

5. The Reeferman

The Reeferman Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    She probably gave a direct order to mess with these traitors :nerd:
    "Ruin their user experience, that'll teach them" she shouted

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    What the hell??

Installed these and they install OLDER driver versions than 17.10 did???

They install drivers dated from 2016 whereas 17.10 installs drivers from 2017.

They even have older driver version numbers????

7. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    First off, thought the SB9XX were just rebranded SB8XX. So SB8XX would be the ones to use.

When I went to the AMD site and downloaded from them and ran the installation program, choosing custom gave the ability to check listed driver versions to be installed against what was already installed. The drivers from this 17.30 package were the same so did not bother installing them. The only thing I read that differed from the previous version was this set included support for Threadripper.

8. We need AHCI drivers for Ryzen

9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Why were these reposted to the downloads page??

Anything new?

10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    We have AHCI drivers. If they dont install through the installer just manually update the drivers in device manager and point it towards the AMD folder on your C drive as this is where the package extracts to.

11. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA

AMD updated the download binary hence I updated as well. Not sure if anything is different. Version is the same.

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I'm completely new to Ryzen, what are the benefits of downloading latest chipset drivers?

I never bothered updating them when i had Intel.
    Stupid or not i ask it anyway, can these drivers increase performance of the CPU's?

13. Well I tried that, manually like updating driver and going to program files, AMD, and put Packages, folders and sub-folders when trying to update AHCI driver it says windows has determined that the best driver on this device is already installed.. and reminds 2006 Microsoft AHCI driver :/ it is on -negative like not sharing any ISRQ but I was wondering how to manually updated to amd, because I can do with that option of (I have a disk to find the INF) but I don't know which one...

and when going withot device manager ,just going to AMD packages, drivers ahci, there are all w7 drivers o_O what can I do? I'm running on w10

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I'll make my own thread then.

15. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    [​IMG]

This is what I have in device manager installed manually through device manager from the AMD chipset download. There is still one device that reads "standard sata ahci controller" which I think is what you mean.

There can be benefits, mostly its just .ini files that lets Windows read what device however its always best to have the lastest files installed. The AMD package actually comes with other drivers too for the PCI, GPIO, and SMBus devices as well. Seen as Ryzen is so new its probably best to keep up to date with these as they may bring performance improvements or better stability.

EDIT:

they also contain the AMD Balanced power profile for Windows 10 which helps with CPU scheduling and can in deed improve game performance.

16. CPC_REDDAWN Would you help me through team-viewer to diagnose my drivers? because im tired of having such visual lag, problems etc :(
    Do you have skype or whats app, or how ca you help me :C

17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Thanks for replying, i heard some mixed opinions about it, but they seem to have fixed that with latest chipset driver. Some got worse performance out of it vs high performance profile.

I'm using it currently without issues, it wasn't there before i updated the drivers with latest from AMD's site, i think i downloaded the previous ones from Guru3D.

18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Hey, its easy.

The driver extract themselves to your C: drive.

Go to device manager and manually install the drivers pointing to the extracted folder.

These newer ones, dated 2/10/17 actually installed a few new versions for me. Going through the install process won't actually install anything as they have labelled the drivers as 17.30 which was the same name as the last drivers released.

You need to do it manually through device manager. If you get stuck just PM me on here. I might not reply right away as I work long hours.

19. MiLk*iT

MiLk*iT Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 WINDFORCE
    Delete the existing folder @ C:\AMD\AMD-Chipset-Drivers then the drivers will install fine. You may need to reboot

20. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP