AMD Chipset Drivers 04/07/2020

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Chastity, Apr 8, 2020.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    There's three now. :)

2.04.28.626 <- April 28th from AMD.
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570

2.05.04.352 <- May 4th from a variety of motherboard manufacturers, Sapphire has this one on their website now for example.
    Identical components to the April 28th driver but from what I read (I think it was even on these forums.) there's some additions for the B550 boards and support possibly some firmware though outside of the bios and AGESA updates. :)

2.05.27.117 <- May 27th via Station-Drivers and I need to see where that came from but I suspect another motherboard third party put them up.

Identical components in most cases but this version has a update for the AMD Ryzen Balanced and AMD Ryzen High Performance power plans plus a driver component for network functionality though the MicroPEP and PT GPIO driver components aren't part of this package.

EDIT: Should have saved the earlier power plan and then used a tool to get the full details, would have been interesting to see what actually changed for 5.0 to 6.0 (.0.0 because more zeroes.) but I removed it before I installed these.

EDIT: Ethernet driver is this one too.
    C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\AMD\Chipset_Driver_Installer\AMD_Chipset_Drivers\{3029049E-E849-4CBB-BDCF-FB0E5A7505DF}\IODriver\XGBE\XGBE Driver

Comes with a handy ReleaseNotes.txt file.

EDIT: Also since I checked that I did a check on the power plan and it actually remains at version 5.0.0.0 so that's just a typo in the release notes. :)

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\AMD\Chipset_Driver_Installer\AMD_Chipset_Drivers\{3029049E-E849-4CBB-BDCF-FB0E5A7505DF}\Apps\RyzenPPKG

Digital signature date and version number shows there's been no changes here and it's the old version still.

Turns these more into a repack then with little new besides bundling in the AMD Gigabit Ethernet driver (Plus removing those other two components.) was hoping for something more but oh well it means it's not all that critical to install unless there's something else in this or how it's configured. (Well it's configured against the wrong path for the PCI Driver so that's a thing too.)

EDIT: And the XML and component file calls the power plan 6.0.0.0 too, this is a bit messy. :D

<Packaging><Product><Name>AMD Ryzen Power Plan</Name><OS>Windows 10</OS><Version>6.0.0.0</Version><Installer>AMD Ryzen Power Plan</Installer>

But the config is still at 5.0.0.0 and the MSI files remain signed July 19th 2019 so no changes here.

EDIT: Ah the signature on the PCI driver MSI is actually newer, May 19th 2020 even if it's the same 1.0.0.80 version number.
    (MSI for the Gigabit Ethernet driver has a May 26th date on it too.)

L2C and IOV MSI files then follow with April 2020 signatures though April 10th and April 21st so both of these could be in the April 28th driver directly from AMD's website.

MSI's themselves aren't as important as the actual driver components though and these don't have any changes.

So that's just some observations and comparisons and nothing too important for the actual drivers themselves being included with this version of the chipset driver.

Oh well, would have been neat with some changes such as adjusting the power plan for Win10 2004 for example or just newer driver components but far as it looks AMD's earlier driver from their website works just fine or the slightly newer one that many of the motherboard vendors have up on their website until AMD provides something newer.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    DanielRX likes this.
  2. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-ryzen-chipset-2-07-14-327

EDIT: Oh updating the power plan reset the settings for it, well that's easy enough to reconfigure.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    Rambo likes this.
  3. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    Install failed on the new drivers

no idea why, no errors or anything just install failed.

I installed some just after i got the new system and that installed borked all the drivers and i had to reinstall windows

so basically if i want to install this set then i'd need to reinstall windows just for that lol

4. Rolacka

Rolacka Member

GPU:
    2070S Jetstream
    Also failed here with a 1603 message this windows install is 2 weeks old lol good job amd

5. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    This time uninstalling from programs fixed it but before they couldnt be uninstalled

6. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I also got an error just saying that installation failed.

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Unistall Old ones then (no need to restart) install new one :p (restart) Done !

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Think i'll give these a miss :p

9. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    AMD Ryzen™ Chipset Driver Release Notes (2.07.14.327) Highlights
    Release Highlights

• Initial support for AMD Ryzen 4000 G-Series Desktop Processors
    • Driver change details added to release note
    • Windows 10 only Release
    Fixed Issues
    • Moving installer window during install process may cause installer window to flicker/move around the screen
    Known Issues
    • Installer may fail to launch if executed from a folder name with non-Latin language
      • Workaround: Execute the installer from C:\AMD
    • Manual system restart required for Windows® systems configured with Non-English OS Pack
    • Windows Installer pop-up message may appear during install
    • Installer may not downgrade to older version
      • Workaround: Manually uninstall latest package from control panel and then install older package

jbscotchman likes this.
  10. rab3072

rab3072 Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5750
    When I try to install using the chipset software installer, it fails. I this a common problem? The install log is so huge I cant decipher it.

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Search for error or fail (Think it's "Error") and it should be a line on what component caused the error, one I usually run into regards it trying to uninstall the older PCI Express driver and looking in the wrong folder path so you go to what it's pointing to and just run the MSI manually by right clicking on it and selecting uninstall and that will remove the entry for this device, just doing it via the device manager far as I tried at least still leaves the install entry in the registry which means the process still bugs out.

Alternatively uninstalling the entire prior version also works (Leaves a few bits I think AMD has the PSP stuff as a permanent addition for example.) which should clear everything up.
    Gets a bit confusing with AMD's prior official chipset driver and the two or three third party motherboard versions although I used the latest from there as a direct upgrade to this without issue. :)
    (And then I cleaned out the old version as it was no longer relevant.)

C:\Users\jonas\AppData\Roaming\AMD\Chipset_Driver_Installer\AMD_Chipset_Drivers\{2457B349-20D8-423A-B291-CD885B9108A1}\IODriver\PCI

Something like that though your user name will differ of course and the string there is for this current version.

There's MSI files you can just uninstall from those but it should also work to just outright uninstall the previous version.

AMD has a Visual C runtime in this for whatever reason too but it just hops over that if you have a newer VC++ 2019 version installed so that shouldn't interfere with anything.

Also runs PowerShell and something from the command line I assume registering and removing the power plan from 5.0 prior to 6.0 (And 0.0.3) with this so nothing too critical unless you removed PowerShell or something from tuning the OS in a more non-standard manner I assume could break things too.

12. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Gigabyte put up the 2.07.21.306 chipsets on their website so July 21st compared to July 14th from AMD.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/i8jygl/gigabyte_released_chipset_driver_earlier_than_amd/

Seems to be mostly identical, readme file shows the AMD SFH I2C Driver going up from version 1.0.0.86 to 1.0.0.308

Looks like it's related to Sensor Fusion Hub.
    So a laptop related component then.
    (From Phoronix in regards to AMD Linux drivers and support for this from early this year, works well enough for explaining what that SFH acronym means.)

EDIT: So nothing too important over AMD's existing driver but it wasn't just some Gigabyte specific bundle over AMD's standard packaging either and had one updated component.

EDIT: Hmm wonder if this is something for the upcoming laptop 4000 series CPU's and systems which I think are starting to show up now, can't be too far off for a new package either for supporting the 4000 series desktop CPU's either if those are launching later this Autumn or whenever market availability is scheduled for. :)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020