AMD Catalyst Von modded

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Von Dach, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    There are people who don't have HPET just ACPI APIC. If one disables that (in the bios) using XP you will bork your install of XP. With Win7 I would assume the same thing although I don't recommend anyone trying that. The only way I know to change ACPI APIC is a complete OS reinstall. But I don't recall an option to change HAL when doing that either though.

2. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    NV560Ti @900/2394 ATI4890
    AMD Catalyst Application Profiles (CAP) Switcher 10.11 CAP1

Long story short, when you remove Catalyst Application Profiles (CAP), a lot of issues seem to evaporate, specially for CFX. The driver don't like the CAP file (atiapfxx.blb) to be deleted but is happy with a 0KB dummy. In rare case of a game working better with CAP, you can apply back latest CAP with CAP Switcher again.

AMD Catalyst Application Profiles (CAP) Switcher 10.11 CAP1.7z
    http://www.filefront.com/17528199/AMD Catalyst Application Profiles (CAP) Switcher 10.11 CAP1.7z
    http://www.multiupload.com/X2OCXUWMF6

Before someone ask:

1. dummy CAP (0KB) -Recommended
    2. driver CAP 10.10e (83KB) -I can only suppose lesser CAP size included with drivers mean less CFX profiles.
    3. standalone CAP 10.11 CAP1 (124KB)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  3. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    yeah seems the drivers are working fine, but damn some mmo's dont even use two gpus :(.

I went to the 10.11 cause they just came up on guru3d site.

Hey von, question for you, you going to do a modded catalyst for the 10.11?? if so hit me up, I'll switch :)

4. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte motherboards note
    Depending on your model & BIOS, Intersil power controllers may be defaulted to intermediate hardware power management, creating high DPC latency under some circonstances. Only way I found to fix that was to install Gigabyte Dynamic Energy Saver, turn it On then Off. Now optimal performance, minimal power management are set (until you reinstall Windows I suppose). You can uninstall DES or disable the associated service after this done. This may apply to other mobo manufacturers using similar PWM controllers and softwares.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010

5. felang

felang Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 680
    thanks!!!

6. felang

felang Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 680
    From what I´ve heard, 10.10e is actually newer than 10.11, so I think I´ll be keeing those until 10.11 hotfix comes out...

7. JerichoKru

JerichoKru Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS HD 6850 1GB
    Nope this was the 10.10e

The driver's itself work without issues and I did run the .cmd as admin.

8. Touche

Touche Member

GPU:
    ATI 4670 512MB
    C1E and EIST have confirmed influence on DPC. But higher C states were not mentioned here. What about them?

9. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    For optimal gaming performance, you should disable all (minimal) power management. Maybe it's well implanted in some systems but this is a general advice from my personal experiences for issues free gameplay.

10. wonton1017

wonton1017 Member

GPU:
    2x Galaxy GTX670 SLI
    The 10.10e is giving me flashing textures in Black ops (namely, the trees' LOD?)

11. [EX3]Cobra_XP

[EX3]Cobra_XP Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6870 1Gb Crossfire
    LoL. I get the same thing. I got it with 10.10d too :puke2:. BO is buggy as hell though so who knows is the first patch might correct that.

12. Rodaxx

Rodaxx Active Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 290x DD
    anyone knows what the ADM Reservation Manager is for?

found it in autostart and processes with anvir task manager

13. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    I´m not sure if this mod has been updated or not, perhaps a version number could help.. Just that suggestion

by the way, your driver is amazing again, certainly keepers after a week of testing

14. For Victory

For Victory Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 5970
    What does the initial post mean when it says that dx9-dx11 works with the 10.10d version only? Sorry if I worded it wrong, I'm extremely tired.

15. samappz

samappz Guest

GPU:
    Dual Nvidia 680M SLI
    Von, what does this tweak do - -SurfaceFormatReplacements Disabled (not shown)?

16. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    Google for Surface Format Replacement

Disabling it increase image quality in some circonstances.

17. Touche

Touche Member

GPU:
    ATI 4670 512MB
  18. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    Pointing to this one may be more complete and unbiased (even if the page was disfigured by an (paid?) ati fanboy): http://videocardz.com/27140/ati-‘cheating’-benchmarks-and-degrading-game-quality-says-nvidia

Secondly my modded drivers don't use CAP, so SFR could mess with games .exe he is not suppose to if enabled.

In the next modded release, I'll put those options visible. Catalyst AI slide will become hidden. But anyway there is no more performance difference between Standard and Advanced with TFQ & SFR unlinked from it.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  19. Touche

Touche Member

GPU:
    ATI 4670 512MB
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  20. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    If it's not an issue then turning it off is even more of not an issue then.

Besides, I thought this mod's main focus is to attain the highest possible quality; turning on SFR still has the possibility of getting some games don't get that 'highest quality' thingie, and there are many popular games right now is still using DX9.

Well, it'd be nice to have the option to turn it on & off, though. =)
    I'm just against turning it on by default, not the option to turning it on altogether.