AMD Catalyst Von modded

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Von Dach, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    NV560Ti @900/2394 ATI4890
    I don't know, I'm on HD4xxx. Try it, it's only take a reboot. I mean try CAP Switcher with dummy CAP. The only other thing that can affect your problem in the modded driver is Ultra Low Power Saving (ULPS) but it's unlikely to resolve that. You probably need a clean uninstall/install like the provided procedure with the modded driver.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  2. dennymoofoo

dennymoofoo Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 GTX 570 @ stock
    Thanks. What is CAP switcher with dummy CAP?

Already tried turning ULPS off maybe i need to wait for the official 10.12's seeing as 6000 series isn't officially supported yet.

3. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    Look at first post of the thread, you have download links + description.

4. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Von Dach thanks for all the hard work.I just bought some new ATI cards and these will come in handy.

5. Zom51

Zom51 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 4GB
    hey Von i just tried your AMD_Catalyst_10.10e_Hotfix_Win7_Nov9_Von_modded drivers on my gigabyte 5970 with latest cap profile and they are working perfectly, crossfire working both gpu at 80 to 85% all setting to max vsync on, triple buffering on msaa at 4x, smooth constant 60fps no shuttering nothing!!! sometimes the game freeze i don't know why i think it could be from af settings if i put it at 4x no freeze as soon i change to 16x it freeze i dunno, but thanks dude ati should hire you and replace that catalyst maker :biggun:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  6. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    1+ to that :D

7. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Catalyst Application Profiles (CAP) Von Switcher 10.11 CAP3

Long story short, when you remove Catalyst Application Profiles (CAP), a lot of issues seem to evaporate, specially for CFX. The driver don't like the CAP file (atiapfxx.blb) to be deleted but is happy with a 0KB dummy. In rare case of a game working better with CAP, you can apply back latest CAP with CAP Switcher again.

Before someone ask:

1. dummy CAP (0KB) -Recommended
    2. driver CAP 10.10e (83KB)
    3. standalone CAP 10.11 CAP3 (127KB)

AMD Catalyst Application Profiles (CAP) Von Switcher 10.11 CAP3.7z
    http://www.filefront.com/17598882/AMD Catalyst Application Profiles (CAP) Von Switcher 10.11 CAP3.7z
    http://www.multiupload.com/DJW83K14DT

AMD Catalyst TwL Cleaner (standalone) v3.6.5
    http://www.filefront.com/17598884/AMD Catalyst TwL Cleaner (standalone) v3.6.5.7z
    http://www.multiupload.com/HPUUNH6B21

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  8. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Von, do you have any benchmarks comparing your drivers to officials?

What issues do your drivers fix? I m still looking for a fix for that shadow flicker mentioned earlier in this thread.

9. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Just had to run a system restore job cause of modded 10.10e (zippy share link) breaking all ATI installation.
    No even a full cleanup and adding the default VGA registry settings could fix it.

10. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    It happened to me also. I had to use system restore. Although I dont think the drivers caused it but rather the cleaner.

11. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I didn't compare, but shouldn't the cleaner be exact the same as TwL's?
    Didn't have any issue with his cleaner in the many last sets.

12. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    If you want to fix the flicker, you have to go back to 10.5 Hotfix, performance and image quality will be lower. 10.10e modded have higher default image quality (texture), performance is the same except for CAP On/Off.

Yes same cleaner, driver files not modded, only tweaked default IQ settings in INF file, so can't be the mod who caused your problem.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  13. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    @The Postman

I tested stuff around today, uninstalled/reinstalled 10.10e modded with latest CAP and hell I no more have the flickers. I'm not sure if it is my deep AMD registry keys cleaning or the buggy, randomly system hooking Razer keyboard tray icon I disabled who corrected that. So if you have Razer products, right-click the tray icon> Disable tray icon.

If you still have the flickering try reinstalling 10.10e (modded or not, your choice) with this general procedure I use:

Here how to CLEAN uninstall/install ANY drivers (any hardware not just video)

1. Uninstall every drivers you want to update from Control Panel. Say no if they ask to reboot. Reboot only when you uninstalled every drivers you wanted to.

[AMD drivers]2. Open Device Manager, check if "Display adapters" are "Standard VGA Display Adapter". If not right-click the AMD adapters> Uninstall> tick "Delete the Driver Software for this Device". After that right-click "Scan for hardware changes". Repeat again uninstall until you see "Standard VGA Display Adapter".

3. Now you need to clean your registry of old settings left off by bad drivers installer/uninstaller (like AMD), if you don't do that in short or long term you'll run in troubles from old and newer parameters mixing up.

Install those cleaners and run all of them in that order, they find different useless keys.
    1. AMD Catalyst TwL Cleaner (standalone) v3.6.5
    2. Driver Sweeper
    3. CCleaner Slim
    4. Auslogics Registry Cleaner
    5. TweakNow PowerPack 2010
    6. Wise Registry Cleaner
    Run CCleaner a second time, some obsolete keys are so only on second pass.

Don't reboot when asked.

4. Install all your new drivers. Reboot.

Give me some feedback of the results.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  14. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    I tried your drivers before and they are good. I moved to 10.10e officials for testing.

With that being said, those cleaners almost broke my system. After getting "Standard VGA display adapter" it would not let me install any drivers. I had a error after error saying that the vga installed was invalid or something like that. I had to run a system restore to be able to reinstall drivers. I think all those cleaners and especially those registry cleaners are unnecessary and more bond to bring problems. I think maybe running driver sweeper after uninstalling drivers with the one supplied by AMD is more than enough.

I dont have any Razer products but I will try your drivers and I will disable the lcd monitoring from my keyboard (G15).

15. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    Von,

What are you expecting (apart from a load of **** to fix) from 10.12 ? Are you expecting any real changes from 10.10e ?

or whould I say "What would you LIKE to see" from AMD ?

Thanks for all your work, appreciate it and so should AMD becuase I was about to jump back to SLI until I cam accross your drivers.

R.
    bboymassuk

16. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    Yeah people underestimate issues caused by badly coded programs/drivers associated with tray icons. I got a lesson yesterday with that, I too disabled every unnecessary background programs/tray icons I could.

17. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    I think they really work to do better drivers in the next few months, they are just not very good at telling us: "Hey we know past months were awful, we are working secretly to improve things but "marketing rules of conduct" say never admit your weakness, use FUD to gain time."

If I was "The Manager" (I don't want to), my priorities will be:

1. A real Installer/Uninstaller who erase every trace of past AMD drivers before applying the new one. Nvidia already provide that.

2. I'll also put some kind of hardwares/softwares/drivers/parameters detection in it who will give warning to users so that they can correct some potential problems.

Examples:

"AMD drivers routine detected you are running Razer keyboard tray icon version X.xx, tests in ours laboratories found incompatibilities who may affect negatively your experience, we suggest you to disable it. Details:[url link to AMD Knowledge Base #####]"
    So then they reverse the situation to the real culprits of some issues, forcing those to improve too using "lawful language".

(AMD don't use this to throw FUD on things like mixing cards with Nvidia to get PhysX or you'll get thrashed in forums)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  18. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Sorry, BS solution.
    They should rather code so that there is NO incompatibility.

19. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    I agree that they should not use this solution to be lazy, but some other hardwares/softwares/drivers/parameters are bad and interfere with issues free gaming giving also sometimes the false impression to be GPU drivers fault. Normal users don't know where to search to correct issues. Microsoft already to that lightly with Action Center.

20. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    I followed your instructions to install the drivers. It was the first time I had so many registry cleaners on one system..lol. But so far it has paid off.

I am happy to announce that the flickering is gone from BC2 :)

I didn't disable anything so maybe your Razer wasn't causing any problem in the end. I m running your latest drivers and I didn't install any CAPs.

Thank you for your help.