AMD Catalyst (Modified Build)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by TwL, May 29, 2010.

?

Should the Official INF be modified or not ?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2010.
  1. Yes (I want to go through registry and copy GUIDs to .reg file and add changes separately.)

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. No (Functions should be editable as usual in CCC straight after install.)

25 vote(s)
    44.6%
  3. Both (I want to have official INF in install, separated modified INF & 'Functions.reg' as choice)

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  1. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    Unigine is good.

For stability test, use Furmark or MSI Kombuster (actually, they are the same engine, but, worth the shoot on both)

2. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    I've started to get black artifacts. I think it's the drivers because it only happens in windows or once or twice on the browser, and happens once in a blue moon. It doesn't happen in games at all. I overclocked the card as far as I could to see if it would make it worse, but it stayed the exact same, only happening once in a while on the desktop or desktop related activities. I also had this same problem once before with one of your drivers, and it went away after you released the next.

EDIT: It hasn't done it in a long time now while overclocked fully.... I don't think it's my card. Not judging your drivers as bad or anything, and if this is the only glitch that's fine.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  3. Killer344

Killer344 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080 TI GAMINGX

Furmark/Kombuster causes retardedly high current spikes on this VGA tbh, it literally renders VRMs into time bombs (they last 15 seconds before the VGA shuts down to prevent damage lol). But I've yet to see a game use more than 50A on full load (at 50A on full load the max temp is about 65°C for the core and 85°C for the VRMs)... which means I can't go past 900mhz on the core using Furmark but on games I can get up to 990mhz without any artifact.

I'll run the Unigine Dx11 test to check the results with lower memory speeds.

4. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    For me i've read something on an acceleration bug. This would make sense as 1. I was coming out of Plants vs Zombies which uses Hardware acceleration and 2. Youtube videos crash the driver and reboot it to only a green screen when flash uses hardware acceleration. Also, it's hard to get into Plants vs Zombies with the acceleration turned on, without it just flashing and minimizing over and over.

I can wait until a new one of yours comes out because that seems to get rid of it, but the random once in a blue moon artifacts are annoying.

5. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTA NVIDIA 1060
    Hi TwL i installed the build 3.95 with original INF, exist any metod to change to modified INF without reinstalling all the suite?

Bye

6. OutGears

OutGears Member

GPU:
    HD 6970
    Hi Twl !

Your driver v3.9x includes the profiles crossfire or it is necessary to install him ?

Thanks

7. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Fe 1080TI +WB
    Hi TWL when are you going to update your drivers to baseline : 8.763.1.0

as those are the latest beta`s i think.

8. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Just had a grey screen when overclocked fully.... I think I just needed a good restart. That did the trick and removed everything.

9. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    I am using OpenGL 4.0. Basically it'll be the first thing to go while OCing. Unigine is just fine although the engine has it's own errors of course and on really high
    clocking for DX11 I'd probably use something like Furmark or GPU Caps Viewer OGL tests.

@crushilista

There was an acceleration bug, but none of current versions. Why are you even overclocking while using something like DXVA/2 Flash accelerations.
    Don't you think it's hard enough for card to handle an clean processing on stock settings?

@marcosamerio

Nope

@OutGears

Nope

@Plug2k

I even know they are faster than any of drivers, but still ain't gonna update. they have hardcoded bug in the modules which would speed them up. This
    driver would only be good on exactly restricted environment, but it's not for general usage well at least as it is.

@commonly

I got to say this will be the last ATI card I will probably touch. Even while as everyone can see I am trying to do everything in my power to fix their crap,
    but hell I just test switched on 'Bioshock' DX10 mode Windows 7 from ATI HD5850 card DVI to NVIDIA card and every single AA mode by simply apply
    and go on NVIDIA panel works as they should at instant.

Sh1t, I can't even force an ATI card to do an simplistic AA over DirectX 10 this is really laughable. Seriously by seeing this in my screen just pisses me
    off. Honestly feel like I should stick this HD5850 card to box and mail it to ATI Driver Team with note "Make sure your crap works before you decide to sell it as new era of graphics".

O and everyone here can trust me that I did try any means there is in this world to get this working. Absolutely disgrace to ATI drivers.

If anyone can get this 'SSAA Tool' from 'ToMMTi' systems working please introduce me 'howto' I figured the driver signing it's not an problem and
    'SSAA tool'-driver is in system just fine 'enable_SSAA_Tool64.exe' is running on background. 'games.txt' has bioshock path and EXE (renaming tested on Borderlands.exe, Oblivion.exe, etc etc). Config looks like:

Code:
    [enabled settings]
    SETTING_FORCE_SSAA=2.0
    SETTING_TRIPPLE_BUFFER

[disabled settings]
    SETTING_VSYNC
    SETTING_FORCEWARP
    SETTING_LIMIT_FPS=60.0
    S_ETTING_FORCEREF
    this and Catalyst Control Panel is set to 'Super-Sampling AA' Tested with 'Application Selection' and forcing 2x AA on game AF tested 4x/16x with and without HQ AF.

So, anyone got any suggestions what to test next on Bioshock please let me know.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  10. lethios

lethios New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 4890
    @TwL: Which drivers are the best for dx9 Games at the moment?

11. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1080 FE
    Very very bad drivers for me. Sry TwL for my telling this. I appreciate your work but it's the same as 10.7

12. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Don't have ones up, atm. I'd try something like 3.50 would probably do the best there.

10.7 is based under same as 10.6. So, what was a good driver for you before then? I mean if these were not good have you been using 10.5a, 10.7a or 10.8 betas?
    As other than that it kinda runs out of options.

@commonly

Well, I have to say ATI customer / user support has a lot to learn it seems on their forums. Just went through their forums and every time anyone suggest there's an
    'real' ATI issue there comes moderator and bashes with some nice tag line like "watch your attitude on forums'. Just the way banned me on their forums
    just for speaking up a bit. Also it is nice to see that what ever problem there on people might be, if the problem is unsolvable by ATI driver team that
    means 'customer hardware is failing'.

Now I ain't even referring this would be any better on NVIDIA side, but hell at least NVIDIA mods won't response with "We ban you unless you stop reporting real problems".

-back to subject-

Adding a bit correlated set up tomorrow morning. Including 3rd pack to line up to have full support for all hardware.

13. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Is there any reason why my forced graphics don't work in some games? For example, TF2 gets nothing, yet L4D2 gets it fine. They use the source engine.

Fallout 3 has the same problem for some odd reason.

14. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    ell, TF2 is using same dlls as would be used for example Starcraft 2 patch on first page while L4D2 would use same files as used on BF:BC2 patch.

So, they are completely different deal in driver module sense. Fallout 3 is just weird there can't now recall what it uses as engine or DX levels...

hmm, try renaming the Fallout 3 EXE to 'Oblivion.exe' and see what that does. Although, might mess up with shadows even if it would fix it, if not working test 'bioshock.exe' ;)

15. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Fe 1080TI +WB
    I dont see any issues with the driver i just wanted to add all your optimizations to them guess i will stick to the officials then. thanks.

16. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Yeah, nice there's always options :)

Ps. 8.763.1.0 is not official it's modded driver by certain Greek modder.

-edit-

Origin message of yours was my misread by your post to say 'v8.761.0' and those would have the hardcoded bug I was saying.

17. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Alright, i'll try downloading the starcraft patch. I would rename them, but I buy mostly all my games through Steam. Oblivion I know for a fact does support forced though.

18. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Yay! It works great with TF2. Thanks a ton.

19. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Uploading Experimental Build v1.00 for HD3xxx/HD4xxx X2/generic. Right now.

Linking it in a min.

20. DualCORE1

DualCORE1 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    is ok to use the new expermental on 5000 series cards