AMD Catalyst (Modified Build)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by TwL, May 29, 2010.

?

Should the Official INF be modified or not ?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2010.
  1. Yes (I want to go through registry and copy GUIDs to .reg file and add changes separately.)

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. No (Functions should be editable as usual in CCC straight after install.)

25 vote(s)
    44.6%
  3. Both (I want to have official INF in install, separated modified INF & 'Functions.reg' as choice)

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  1. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    there's fix to grid. It's in the game not in ATI. try configuring the game confs manually(Game confs are on '%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Codemasters\GRID\hardwaresettings'
    as an XML I think there's resolutions and stuff) or Patching etc. I know that @Hans Dampf got it working with simply patching and playing around with
    GRID settings a bit. Also recall I sometime ago somehow modified the settings manually & then read only the file so game count's change the resolution back. :)

Well, we still need a bit work on these (as said it still has a small jump), but I think as in 10.5a and other good bottom drivers we can find on some point
    some high scaling balanced. Hans Dampf was helping a lot when he was testing the v3.75 I found the 2 main issues there was why that set didn't work.

but good news is this set will be really great when it gets a bit smoother & hopefully I find something to speed it up further on D3D.

No, it would not be possible because this is an PowerPlay feature like ATI modifying Latencies of cards without us knowing anything (v10.6 WHQL was
    good example case). Ideally only way to mod an idle clocks down solid would be to mod 10.4a or you to simply reset clocks to stock while not using.

<read rest of the message from previous message as previous message is take on use as example for people on first post>

Yeah, working on it. I know the issue, but DirectX 10 just now has to wait for next build/update.

@offtopic

This will be fun to watch out. I decided that hell with the greek and lets punch the question up on this ATIMAN is dumping these. Admin by now already figured
    probably that I am using free e-mail & proxy'ng my ars up. So, permanent banning is pretty hard although probable, but hell I already had an response from "Sebastian product ATI manager and super duper cypress and hemlock engineering" :)

http://www.thelab.gr/showthread.php?p=1062864221

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  2. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    @ATIMAN subject
    Never downloaded any of his uploads, since they always are something already released announced with some newer beta name.

Taking TwL's work without giving any kind of credit is low though.
    But we kinda knew that ATIFAKER was that in the first place.

@TwL
    I guess 3.80a will not give any gain on single card setup for Dx10 either, or is it only Xfire that needs work?

3. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    Maybe it is time you took over his "post" at ATI !

4. fagoatse

fagoatse Guest

GPU:
    nvidia
    Has anybody tested how 3.80 compares to classic 3.50?

5. GaBBa-Gandalf

GaBBa-Gandalf Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x XFX HD6970 2GB
    @ TwL

There is an issue with you ati_****_cleaner ...
    It doesn't find the regjump...
    I guess the problem is: start "REGJUMP" /LOW extra\toys\regjump "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video"

Maybe it should be start "REGJUMP" /LOW extra\toys\regjump.exe "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video"

But it can't find this pfad...

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Are both GPU's clocking up to 3D clocks when gaming for you? Because I have been stuck, as many other have, with 10.5a as crossfire is broken in anything newer...

EDIT:

Ok, I can confirm that no these (v3.80a) do not fix the crossfire bug... I will stick with these drivers though as wait patiently for TwL to give us a fix, hopefully he can make a patcher save us having to reinstall the whole driver :) here's hoping.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  7. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTA NVIDIA 1060
    TwL i installed yesterday the version 3.8 and today i see there is a new one 3.8a, i need to unistall and reinstall this new one? is necessary? or u release a patch to upgrade?

Bye and thanks for the work

8. Lumaan

Lumaan Member

GPU:
    Asus R9 290X 4GB OC
    Funny thing whit 3.80a.. Normal on my 4870x2 with driver after 10.5hotfix its only gpu1 running at 3d speed and gpu2 running on 2d speed when running dx9 games/benchmark, but with 3.80a its the other way around - gpu1 run on 2d speed and gpu2 on 3d speed... hmmm

9. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    I have read different opinions, so should I Install Application Profiles if using these drivers, or is just a matter of needs?

10. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    They are already included on these. Not need for extra installs.
    Also, you should ALWAYS install them.

11. Hans Dampf

Hans Dampf Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5970 H2O + GTX470 H2O
    Hi to all addicted :)

Here is a short report on 3.80a:

Setup: 2x5970 + Eyefinity (6000x1080)

Dirt2: 4GPU medium load (~80%) starts with high FPS (+100FPS) but suddenly drops FPS to 5-15 (same reaction as we found on testing 10.8b5 modules) -> unplayable

Grid: high FPS (+120FPS) and high GPU load on 4GPU's - nice and smooth gameplay , but unfortunally lockup on game exit

HAWX: 4GPU high - medium load (85-95%) - gaming at 200-240FPS ( a little slower compared to 3.49) - nice and smooth gameplay

BF:BC2: 4GPU - low load (30-40%) - gaming at 25-55FPS - same result as previous sets (incl. 10.7a) - maybe a little bit more smooth gameplay

For 'quadfinity' this driver set seems not the best so far.

Guess it is still needed to have two sets on first page: a) single and multi GPU + single monitor and b) multi GPU + multiscreen

:bang::gape:

12. Hans Dampf

Hans Dampf Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5970 H2O + GTX470 H2O
    This is easy to solve: just edit the cmd and run the cleaner :)

13. Hans Dampf

Hans Dampf Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5970 H2O + GTX470 H2O
    I have tested this idea on BF:BC2 -> did not change a single frame in here - exactly same FPS. Maybe you didn't make a clean uninstall incl. deleting older app-profiles? The TwL sets definitely have the latest app-profiles installed.

14. capchaos

capchaos Member

GPU:
    quad palit gtx 580 on h20
    Hans install the newest app profiles I know its supposed to be installed but do it anyways then check ur eyefinity bc2 fps.

15. capchaos

capchaos Member

GPU:
    Weird bc I did do a clean install with full cleanup but my gpu usage in bc2 was only 50 then installed profiles and it went to 90% on all gpus

16. Hans Dampf

Hans Dampf Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5970 H2O + GTX470 H2O
    Just did a reboot and tried it again: Actually you are right! Framerate doubles from earlier 25-50 to 65-90FPS .. but GPU load in this gaming scene which I tested is not 90% .. it raised from 35% to 65-70%

Some kinda weird ;)

17. capchaos

capchaos Member

GPU:
    Hans it is strange that we are having totally diff results. my gpu load on battlefield is 90+ on all gpus and jst tested dirt 2 and i have above 90% on all gpus and a framrate of 80+ with all on ultra except for shadows on high and 2xmsaa at 6048x1080. quadfinity is working good for me.

18. capchaos

capchaos Member

GPU:
    by the way hans how did u get grid to run at the proper res. i cant get any res to work but default.

19. maxstep

maxstep Guest

GPU:
    4090 + LG OLED 65
    Yeah, please share the GRID tweaking trick.

20. Hoodwink

Hoodwink Member

GPU:
    KFA2 780
    I'm back on rflairs latest 8.761's atm, gpu-z sensor log and clear sky benchmark results show both cards are singing a sweet song together.