AMD Catalyst (Modified Build)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by TwL, May 29, 2010.

?

Should the Official INF be modified or not ?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2010.
  1. Yes (I want to go through registry and copy GUIDs to .reg file and add changes separately.)

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. No (Functions should be editable as usual in CCC straight after install.)

25 vote(s)
    44.6%
  3. Both (I want to have official INF in install, separated modified INF & 'Functions.reg' as choice)

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  1. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
  2. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    @mangaroo

No one is asking you to use my drivers, if they are not good for you use what ever suits you the best. I build drivers to be better or faster or more capable.
    What you get from official drivers is another storyline in this book.

@commonly

That goes to anyone else here as well. As said on bottom of first post you should never relay on anyone else writings/builds than yourself. No matter does it come from regular
    driver modder now days like I consider myself or AMD/ATI directly. Only thing what matters is what you see in your system and what you like to be using in your system no matter
    if it's driver from year 1982 made by VIA, if you like it use it.

----

Either way, v3.80 is now up. I was having incredible difficult time reproducing the advantage gained on processing on couple hours back and then had to
    change the whole processing to more stable idea which I could reproduce 2 times in a row & after rebooting / WinSAT.

There's pretty huge update on v3.80 going on now on my side. This setup should introduce first driver which should be capable on QuadFireX setups in
    full. has AA supports for SC2, new profiling, applications, and CCC overscan should be fixed. Introducing a bit new style under modified INF/settings and
    couple unnessessary things I added on purpose, if ATI would enable the features on some point.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  3. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    As I mentioned, it was from the new 8.761 and 10.7a not your drivers.

I mentioned it here as you seem to have a nack for figuring these things out to advance your own modified officials [fearing they might work their way into your next builds]..and these were reports from the latest official drivers on SC2...to help with compatibility, whether thats something your interested in or not is up to you..Sorry if the previous post was unclear.

HAPPY to try 3.80 (in the morning) :p

4. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    I actually already had functional builds for Cross-/QuadfireX(v10.5a->new mods->Builds v3.xx above CFX/QuadFireX
    setups). ATI Driver Team is just raising the speed up at driver development where I am simply trying to keep up to phase where they have a 'team' I am
    1 person. Looks like someone stirr the nest a bit there as lately there has been incredible amount of drivers and that mixes my builds up until I
    understand them in full, but I'm a fast learner after v3.75 :)

Only problem I had with their v10.7,a,b,10.8b5,b6 was to understand from what they build upon the new catalyst editions and to follow the lead from
    their end to tweak the driver to be 'cumulative' from the earlier found good typed we had under v2.xx builds and v3.xx builds. Should of add atm build as
    v4.xx probably already. To me to understand 'any of the mods' would mean to me to understand the current at 1 second after ATI driver team releases
    the new driver from what they build whole branch of drivers from and you can trust me this ain't so easy. honestly saying I though on 3 drivers they
    were all 10.5a (in good hope), but well ad seen on my messages had to correct a lot of them.

5. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I experienced the exact same thing. My frame rates tanked after a popup screen came up telling me I'm no longer connected to battle.net. I checked my GPU using GPUz and found out that it was in 2D clock of 157/300. I had to exit the game and restart it to get the clocks back up. Perplexed by this I did some digging. Using CCC's Information center I used the 2D Driver File Path to navigate my way to that key. Inside that key I found that EnableUlps was set to 1 instead of 0. This IMO is what caused it to go into 2D mode while gaming (when battle.net lost connection).

I honestly don't see the connection between the 2 but it happened to me. EnableUlps is the only thing I can imagine having such an effect. If I recall correctly if one decides to change it only do so in safe mode.

6. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    EnableUlps is enabled where needed in current builds it's an PowerPlay feature not been enabled since v3.71 unless you are running a single card.

@commonly

I had to make quick fix to v3.80a as I switched the processing base on PCOM to older to consider better support for CrossFireX, but there was another lock
    in this and so I switched the processing to newest mods to go through correct. I am atm uncertain will the current v3.80a work for CrossFireX as v3.80 would
    of worked for sure, but I will return to the subject, if there is an error in CrossFireX setups which would be caused by this.

It's also pretty unbelievable also that some people cannot even enable AA on SC2 functional setup I mean seriously that's disturbing. There is absolutely no way it wouldn't work, if it doesn't check your settings again. :3eyes:

7. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    On topic:

Thanks for keeping us up to date man :D
    Really appreciate it.

Also, thanks for the patched Media Explorer!

Off topic:

OMG
    http://translate.google.com.ar/tran...read.php?t=27065&page=203&sl=el&tl=en&act=url

Edit:

It crashes for me :(

Code:
    Description:
      Stopped working

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:	CLR20r3
      Problem Signature 01:	fusionmedia.exe
      Problem Signature 02:	2.0.0.174
      Problem Signature 03:	4be30c08
      Problem Signature 04:	PresentationFramework
      Problem Signature 05:	3.0.0.0
      Problem Signature 06:	4bcd3e85
      Problem Signature 07:	625d
      Problem Signature 08:	e1
      Problem Signature 09:	System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse
      OS Version:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
      Locale ID:	11274

8. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
  9. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
  10. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    You know there should be like DAO style 'Achievements' system in Windows 7. Like "You've updated your graphic card drivers now 1000 times and we're still
    working" or perhaps "You've overwritten our WHQL signed drivers 10000 times." and 0.1 extra points for WinSAT max. :)

11. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    Hahaha, yeah, totally, hehe.

12. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Hmm, these new 3.80a seems to be functional now as planned. There is of course room to improvement as always, but as what I checked now finally BF:BC2 some Dragon Age etc
    seems to be pretty decent over all performance. On the absolute top Super-Sampled 8x performance degraded a bit(DX9 scenario I tested exact frame is ~0.5FPS below top) (which is the baseline driver being slower probably).

Processing speed is somewhere there in a middle. Not exactly the absolute maxed out what I've seen but at least it's very stable as is.

o and I did now personally test these on StarCraft II AA is working and seems fast enough.

-VIDEO-

Hmm, looks like this Media Explorer plays all kinds of video through GPU not just DXVA/DXVA2 unlike other players. I am playing here basic XVID I turned
    out from MPEG through it and it utilizes GPU on playback. Although it's probably enhancements only, but no good with out bad seems this program
    has absolutely no clue what the heck are subtitles.

Subject ATIMAN:

Here's something interesting for you all who still have ANY trust to this person.

[​IMG]

I just downloaded and Atiman_Uninstaller from:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?02fgvn4ffjjmw5d
    ^ This address. It is ATIMAN Uninstaller (If he decides to modify or remove it I got copy right here).. From his 'SPOILER' from: THIS TOPIC HERE

Now Right click the 'Atiman_Uninstaller_64-32bit_V.3.2.0.exe' & select EXTRACT to folder\ with WinRAR. EXE Package Opened with WinRAR:
    [​IMG]

and edit the 'unallaxx.cmd' > compare the code to MY Scripted 'ATI_****_Cleaner_vx.x.cmd'
    [​IMG]

This doesn't look familiar to anyone else?
    [​IMG]

and when you take a closer look to what files are 'Rematixx.exe'-files they are my included 'SetACL' x86/x64 files and 'regjump.exe', hahaha..
    [​IMG]

Sadly this fellow was too damn stupid to use our latest so his cleanup is at ATI_****_cleaner v3.0 clean-up cmd we had, but nice to know he did actually copy the SetALC script correctly it takes a lot to copy & paste.

This dude has copied my entire script as his WinRAR packed crap and, if you take a look to his OGL switcher.
    He didn't even bother to change topics from my CMD, but sure he created extra for DX9-11 which, btw, doesn't work.

What a joke of an driver modder. This dude begins to be lamest fellow on my books of interweb. I mean I would understand, if the dude would do anything
    himself or have a brains to do real modding & tools I create here for people, but seriously sad case. :gape:

-edit-

anyway, back to topic.

It's quite nice to see now I am testing here BF:BC2 has a lot less jumps on gameplay I am overclocking the card as in 'Benchmarks' on second post, but
    still usually FPS in-game has been averate 40-60FPS now I am getting like 60-72FPS all the time. Which is pretty nice and have a lot less jaggyness.

13. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    Off topic
    Hahahaha.

On topic.

Can't wait :D Thank you TwL!

14. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    yeah, well the v3.80a is on first page don't have to wait. :)

As for currently building needs a bit 'small changing' to get on top what ever it is in new drivers. We had processing of 145FPS pretty solid(on exact hardware
    & clocks). currently we are between 141-145FPS, but speed improvement in D3D is huge. I tested the absolutely top and seems that is atm 148-149FPS, but it's incredible choppy/unstable.

So, until we get that up. As for now v3.80a seems to be here to stay.

15. capchaos

capchaos Member

GPU:
    quad palit gtx 580 on h20
    jst tested 3.8a iin eyefinity seems everthyng works pretty good. had to install the latest app profiles eventhough u said it was in the driver b/c it seemes that direct x 11 wont thread correctly without them. in bad company 2 without app profiles 0nly 45fps at 6048 x 1080 and with profiles 75-80fps. sx9 seems to work pretty good did some trials with dao. i jst wish ati would not have messed up grid bc it will only load the default res. and not allow changing it

16. maxstep

maxstep Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI 2x 980Ti AMP! Extreme
    Yes! I am plagued with the GRID problem as well - terribly inconvenient, GRID being one of the only games I actually enjoy playing.. Haven't tried the profiles trick yet. Funny thing, 7680, bf bc2 singleplayer - mad fps (~60, let's say gpu usage all 90+ via msi ab); multiplayer - ~15 fps, usage hovers around 35-40 for all 4 gpus. Sad. Cod mw2 is definitely smoother than 10.7a. Much, might I add. Another gem from TwL. I for one welcome our new ATI overlord <3

17. Alpha

Alpha Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6950
    TwL, would it be possible for you to add the option to install drivers with "normal" idle clocks (i think 157/300) or higher idle clocks (400/900 and 400/1200 for some users) for people who have problems/glitches with the low clocks. I think this "feature" was introduced in 10.4 oder 10.5.
    I know that i can make a profil with those low clocks but i always forget to active it and it would be one more reason for people to use the driver.

18. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    <content was removed to another message for this message to be used in First Page as Example>

Another possibility is that, if you keep the OC all the time you could modify manually 'Want_0' values like (this here is overclocked now to
    900Mhz/1200Mhz on 1.062v at HD5850 where I changed the Want_1 also to human levels 550Mhz/900Mhz/1.038v).

Original (overclocked):
    Code:
          <Group name="Overdrive5">
            <Feature name="TimeUnlocked" />
            <Feature name="OverclockEnabled">
              <Property name="OverclockEnabledProperty" value="True" />
            </Feature>
            <Feature name="AutoTuneSupport" />
            <Feature name="CoreClockTarget_0">
              <Property name="Want_0" value="40000" />
              <Property name="Want_1" value="55000" />
              <Property name="Want_2" value="90000" />
            </Feature>
            <Feature name="MemoryClockTarget_0">
              <Property name="Want_0" value="120000" />
              <Property name="Want_1" value="120000" />
              <Property name="Want_2" value="120000" />
            </Feature>
            <Feature name="CoreVoltageTarget_0">
              <Property name="Want_0" value="1000" />
              <Property name="Want_1" value="1038" />
              <Property name="Want_2" value="1088" />
            </Feature>
            <Feature name="MemoryVoltageTarget_0">
              <Property name="Want_0" value="0" />
              <Property name="Want_1" value="0" />
              <Property name="Want_2" value="0" />
            </Feature>
            <Feature name="FanSpeedProtocol_0">
              <Property name="FanSpeedProtocolProperty" value="Percent" />
            </Feature>
            <Feature name="FanSpeedAlgorithm_0">
              <Property name="FanSpeedAlgorithm" value="Automatic" />
            </Feature>
            <Feature name="FanSpeedRPMTarget_0">
              <Property name="Want" value="1307" />
            </Feature>
            <Feature name="FanSpeedPercentTarget_0">
              <Property name="Want" value="50" />
            </Feature>
          </Group>
    Modified (Overclocked):
    Code:
          <Group name="Overdrive5">
            <Feature name="TimeUnlocked" />
            <Feature name="OverclockEnabled">
              <Property name="OverclockEnabledProperty" value="True" />
            </Feature>
            <Feature name="AutoTuneSupport" />
            <Feature name="CoreClockTarget_0">
              <Property name="Want_0" value="15700" />
              <Property name="Want_1" value="55000" />
              <Property name="Want_2" value="90000" />
            </Feature>
            <Feature name="MemoryClockTarget_0">
              <Property name="Want_0" value="300000" />
              <Property name="Want_1" value="900000" />
              <Property name="Want_2" value="120000" />
            </Feature>
            <Feature name="CoreVoltageTarget_0">
              <Property name="Want_0" value="950" />
              <Property name="Want_1" value="1038" />
              <Property name="Want_2" value="1062" />
            </Feature>
            <Feature name="MemoryVoltageTarget_0">
              <Property name="Want_0" value="0" />
              <Property name="Want_1" value="0" />
              <Property name="Want_2" value="0" />
            </Feature>
            <Feature name="FanSpeedProtocol_0">
              <Property name="FanSpeedProtocolProperty" value="Percent" />
            </Feature>
            <Feature name="FanSpeedAlgorithm_0">
              <Property name="FanSpeedAlgorithm" value="Automatic" />
            </Feature>
            <Feature name="FanSpeedRPMTarget_0">
              <Property name="Want" value="1307" />
            </Feature>
            <Feature name="FanSpeedPercentTarget_0">
              <Property name="Want" value="50" />
            </Feature>
          </Group>
    As you can see changed Want_0 to be 15700(157Mhz) at core and 30000(300Mhz) at memory with 950(0.950v) at volts. This should work for
    people who has 24/7 overclocked hardware. File is at "%APPDATA%\ATI\ACE\Profiles.xml", but I cannot modify it in the driver install directly as it would not lock the XML.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  19. Hoodwink

Hoodwink Member

GPU:
    KFA2 780
    With my CFX setup 3.80a are excellent on DX9 but are terrible with DX10, really choppy.

20. Alpha

Alpha Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6950
    <3
    *The message you've entered is too short*
    Btw <Property name="Want_0" value="300000" /> @ the modified version would destroy your card ;)