AMD Catalyst (Modified Build)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by TwL, May 29, 2010.

?

Should the Official INF be modified or not ?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2010.
  1. Yes (I want to go through registry and copy GUIDs to .reg file and add changes separately.)

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. No (Functions should be editable as usual in CCC straight after install.)

25 vote(s)
    44.6%
  3. Both (I want to have official INF in install, separated modified INF & 'Functions.reg' as choice)

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  1. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    You amaze me.
    Thanks for continuing to help us.

2. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    10.10 and 10.11 are horrid for ALT TABBING
    Just try and notice what happens in game when moving around.

3. CorNeLL

CorNeLL Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    No problems with ALT TABBING with 10.11 here.

4. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Seems to be another problem, its like something sticks somewhere in registry even when using the ATI crap cleaner and CCleaner

5. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    hmm, to your previous.. yeah, I am here modding now Mobility HD5470 and on HP laptop.

The v8.741.1 HP offers are something beyond the land of the dead, but found an new driver from 10.10e to these systems. So, add your deviceID to INF drop all else from that package in box and then go to device manager and force the driver in cat your HD5850 mobility as normal HD57xx card inside driver. Also while at it since you don't need an OCL functionality correction and 10.10e is an OCL driver you want to keep the original files but install the CAP3 on some other system and copy the .blb/.exe profiles from that to the laptop. :)

Works here on HD5470 like a electrical starter to MOH and COD Black Ops :banana:

@commonly

Well, got here now first build driver on my system bases on 10.10e and mod from there to 10.9 and 10.11 depending on boost needed. Featuring all AA effects there is on newest caps integrated etc etc...

I'm still testing this thing for a day or so.. and I believe there's a lot of room, but feels a bit better. I might also now mention that experiencing currently on ym system something which I could call 'Assyncronous Lags' (like one would suffer from bad IRQL while inserting DVD in drive and trying to use explorer while it's reading. So, need to find out next now what's causing this. There's couple choises:

* Filesystem IO with OCZ Agility 2 SSDs
    (Using firmware 1.24 now, but no help)
    * RealTek NIC (priority levels screwing up like 90s) [Can't unattach]
    (using 7.0.11)
    * Realtek Audio adapter polling the sh1t out of system by jack sense [Can't unattach]
    (using R2.54)

So anyone got any good ideas only NTFS systems on disks. So, IO driver load should be pretty minimum. Already got one culplrit from NEC USB 3.0 driver. Was laughting my ars off when I dropped the controller and all the suddently 11 seconds left from my reboot times. :bang:

O and before someone gets some nonesense ideas I did also kick back the high precision event timer it's not it. most be on HT, if it's on CPU side.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  6. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I don't have a clue why you are having that problem.
    But, i can make you notice that there is a newer NIC driver (If i didn't selected the wrong NIC when Realtek asked for)

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...n=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true

7. Hoodwink

Hoodwink Member

GPU:
    KFA2 780
  8. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Well, I know realtek sucks, but well, I actually found the issue on probably the most unusual place. I used to use ICH9R with ASUS-P5E with updated Rapid Storage Option ROM and setup as 2 HDD RAID-0 x2 setuip where first RAID-0 was 16K stripe while second would be 128K to improve the speed.

However, just noticed that this Gigabyte board/all BIOSes comes with some old Matrix storage Option ROM and this ICH10R can't handle the 2xRAID-0x2 partitions with different stripe sizes.

Funny in a sense I though I bought new hardware yet again to understand what I actually got was old piece of crap in new covers. Either way problem solved as stupid as it sounds by only using single RAID-0, lol. :)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  9. DarkSilver

DarkSilver Active Member

GPU:
    Palit GeForceā„¢ GTX 670 JS
    I think TwL should wait to check out the CCC 10.12 WHQL.
    It said to be HUGE. I am wondering what it will be. Hope we got performance boost again!

10. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    NV560Ti @900/2394 ATI4890

11. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    yeah, it's just fine for now.

Hmm, note on that cleaner new 'Comodo Anti-Virus' really seems to disagree when it works through regs. So, for the time using might wanna disable Comodo AV.

Gonna add some what build tomorrow/today for x86/x64 same pack with modded INF straight up with out cleaner anyway as an new experiemental. Seems with the new packs people needs to disable Windows Integrity checks.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  12. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    If you run those cleaners in that order, you'll find some more keys not in your cleaner. Probably minor keys with no real impact but it will be cool if you add them too I think.

1. AMD Catalyst TwL Cleaner (standalone) v3.6.5
    2. Driver Sweeper (>=v2.7.5)
    3. CCleaner Slim
    4. Auslogics Registry Cleaner
    5. TweakNow PowerPack 2010
    6. Wise Registry Cleaner
    7. CCleaner Slim (again)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  13. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    What ain't there is for purpose.

You do not wanna clean some keys as you never know how new installers will handle something like re-registering ActiveX and so on. You really want to actually keep some of keys just for the video functions to function correctly.

14. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Exactly, and those registry cleaners can fast break functionality for DAP applications and such, if you let them clean blindly.

15. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    I personally just hope that 10.12 is a greatly renewed GUI, with profiling.

16. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    Ok here the keys I found who NEED to be in the cleaner:

Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\%SystemPath%\atiogl.xml
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\%SystemPath%\SysWOW64\amdpcom32.dll
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\%SystemPath%\SysWOW64\ati2edxx.dll
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\%SystemPath%\SysWOW64\atiadlxy.dll
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\%SystemPath%\SysWOW64\aticalcl.dll
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\%SystemPath%\SysWOW64\aticaldd.dll
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\%SystemPath%\SysWOW64\aticalrt.dll
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\%SystemPath%\SysWOW64\aticfx32.dll
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\%SystemPath%\SysWOW64\atidxx32.dll
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\%SystemPath%\SysWOW64\atigktxx.dll
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\%SystemPath%\SysWOW64\atiglpxx.dll
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\%SystemPath%\SysWOW64\atimpc32.dll
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\%SystemPath%\SysWOW64\atioglxx.dll
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\%SystemPath%\SysWOW64\atipblag.dat
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\%SystemPath%\SysWOW64\atipdlxx.dll
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\%SystemPath%\SysWOW64\atiu9pag.dll
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\%SystemPath%\SysWOW64\atiumdag.dll
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\%SystemPath%\SysWOW64\atiumdva.cap
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\%SystemPath%\SysWOW64\atiumdva.dll
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\%SystemPath%\SysWOW64\atiuxpag.dll

You are already removing them from system32, you forgot syswow64?
    If I remove those ones, I am issues free! No more fps drops, no more flickering, no more L4D2 CFX crashes, CAPs work great. That's the additional keys DriverSweeper v2.7.5 remove, I agree other ones from other cleaners have not much values.

So I took the initiative again, incremented TwL Cleaner to v3.7.0 and inserted those one in the cmd file. Tested, work great, now it's the best AMD cleaner.

AMD Catalyst TwL Cleaner (standalone) v3.7.0
    http://www.filefront.com/17607287/AMD Catalyst TwL Cleaner v3.7.0.7z
    http://www.multiupload.com/87Q5GUGY3J

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
  18. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    I added the needed stuff at the right places, don't worry, tested, it work!

19. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    hmm, reading this through..

there's few bug you arranged also. You cannot execute line this long and it ain't searching right place it's doing x64 PnPLockDown files twice now as far I can see. In system people has no rights that is why I've splitted the original execute to 4-5 entries to stay in limitations of the exceeding character count.

Code:
    REG DELETE "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles" /v "%%SystemPath%%\atiogl.xml" /f
    ^ This (one of the entries in your addition) should read:

Code:
    REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles" /v "%%SystemPath%%\atiogl.xml" /f
    To work on correct place as it's second time now directing to x64 sections. It would only clean anything if you are some way executing it from 32-bit cmd form as in current form you wrote. I should also note you that these are 'Lock down'-files so unless you include an open and close to windows permissions as in 'x64' I've included they cannot be deleted so you need to add permission and recall original permission to 32-bit edition of the key as same as done above on x64 part Include that to before(open permissions temporary) > after(close the permissions) back up. As in:

BEFORE [x64]:
    Code:
    extra\toys\SetACL-x64 -on "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles" -ot reg -actn ace -ace "n:Everyone;p:full;m:grant" -rec "No" >>logs\patch.log

AFTER [x64]:
    Code:
    extra\toys\SetACL-x64 -on "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles" -ot reg -actn ace -ace "n:Everyone;m:revoke" -rec "No" >>logs\patch.log
    (Usage of SetALC x86 edition is optional both will work, however, both will not work on x86 systems)

also while you are at it.. include..
    Code:
    taskkill /f /im aida64.exe
    ^ To 'Stopping needed...', since that will replace now the 'everest.exe' but leave everest.exe as it's not that old. :)

@Mineria

Just read on Von Dach topic you are explaining to someone that ATI has messy 'uninstall routines' you might wanna correct that statement of yours
    to 'ATI has automatically taken on use existing settings'-routine. As that is why the earlier needs to be cleaned to be able to include new features in
    next setup and utilize those correctly. With old settings in those new things will not work correctly and you are in soup of unfunctional keys against functional XML profiling.

@commonly

There's few bugs I am still sorting on new 10.10e driver sets we're gonna have as experimental. Seems I got some drawing errors on yesterdays edition
    I build to myself cannot seem to locate a decent DVA modules from any of the new drivers. For some reason they are all bad. Also error crrection of the
    new drivers is absolutely terrible only even remotely close to what we had is the 10.9 WHQL driver in speed wise. So might be that we most still look a bit
    back to get this corrected.

Texture Quality statement on earlier CCC Builds:

btw, as an offtopic maybe, but I said few pages back that 'ATI' was using low texture quality under 10.10 and some of the builds which NVIDIA again
    made story about that 'We have high texture quality by standard' this statement is uber crap. The truth actually is that ATI installer changed so
    that 3 steps of Quality are all 'HiQuality' and only steps 0-2(0 = custom) are 'Lower Quality' the texture quality NEVER changed with exception that when its
    pushed to custom then the quality was degraded as it would push the 'HiQuality' to lower unless it's set 'HiQuality'(steps 4-5) before changing it to 'custom'-state.

Old as in CCC 10.8 used only 'HiQuality' at steps 4-5. So, this is just an bug in coding of new CCC where 4-5 are meaningless steps since CCC 10.10.
    However, high texture quality was always maintained as is with only 3 steps instead of 5 as usual.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  20. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU: