AMD Catalyst 8.93 (Nov. 18)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by marthand, Nov 21, 2011.

1. wafu88

wafu88 Guest

GPU:
    DDR3
    The Performance drivers work great on mobile. Stick with those.

2. TheOriginalTO

TheOriginalTO Master Guru

GPU:
    5500 XT / 8gb
    Others share this feeling? I have them both downloaded, which to install?? :/

3. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    Thank you I'll be installing these this arvo

4. tape_artist

tape_artist Active Member

GPU:
    HD4850
    i realize this is a dumb question, but are these xp or 7 drivers? need xp.

5. Cygnific

Cygnific Member

GPU:
    2070S Gaming-X
    It's windows 7 driver package.

6. Yoshpop

Yoshpop Member Guru

GPU:
    1080 SLI 2.05GHz
    Thanks, that definitely did the trick. There was an update for BF3 that PB did not pick up. I was able to manually update it with, http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloader/download.php?file=1

edit: actually that didn't do jack, still unplayable :(

another edit: I am a complete jackass, I forgot I had my system date set to 2 weeks ago when my VM ware license was still active....

No problems on my end with correct date/time :)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  7. bkandor

bkandor Active Member

GPU:
    2@ xfx290 black
    I can't figure out the application profile thing in this driver??

Under 3d application settings, down at the bottom I can select 'Use AMD Pre-defined Profile' and then choose bf3.exe from the list, click apply, done.

But then if I want to change other 3d application settings like eg. uncheck 'enable surface format optimiztion', then at the top of this page it allows me to save a new profile, but then I'm totally lost. If I pick bf3.exe it says 'a profile already exists, do you want to overwrite it' so I say no. Am I supposed to create my own exe to be a profile - augggh - I'm confused...!

8. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    You just got totally confused in something very simple.

9. bkandor

bkandor Active Member

GPU:
    2@ xfx290 black
    Yes I know, no matter how simple it may seem - I don't get it, if you do, let me know.

10. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Just overwrite with your own profile if the built in cap profile is not working out for you.

11. bkandor

bkandor Active Member

GPU:
    2@ xfx290 black
    It doesn't seem that simple, there are 2 things going on under 3d application settings:

1: the 3d settings, which it lets you save at the top - it appears you save to the exe that the settings are for - so fine.
    2: at the bottom is the 'AMD CrossFireX mode' where you can choose AFR or 1x1 or 'AMD pre-defined profile.

This is what cause the confusion because up at the top it says 'When creating or updating a profile, 3d AND AMD crossfireXmode settings for all graphics processors are saved to the profile.'

So, you choose your 3d settings, then load your AMD pre-defined crossfire profile at the bottom and save it to............. the same exe the crossfire profile is saved to which warns you your going to overwrite it. hence confusion.

12. stephenk

stephenk Guest

GPU:
    6970 unlocked 2gb
    any idea when these will officially drop? no doubt these look legit, i just prefer to download direct! thanks

13. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

These won't drop, at least not in this form. They won't drop till probably mind to late January some time... Non-WHQL final version may be dated the end of next month.

14. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    It's simply not there.

15. Drovers37

Drovers37 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 7990
    I've installed the driver twice, removing old driver and catalyst with driver sweeter in safe mode. i now can't obtain full screen scaling when i apply the setting, it revertes back to black boarders. when i looked to un install and put 11.11 back i couldn't find the new catalyst in add/remove. why is this, am i missing something or does this driver require a different way to install? Eventually i re installed 11.11 but without removing 8.93. After installation errors were reported....

16. Witcher

Witcher Guest

GPU:
    Intel
    After uninstalling these drivers, I am facing desktop corruption on my GPU. Whenever I uninstall drivers corruption is gone and this problem is not solving by any other catalyst version :(

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  17. stefik

stefik Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950@6970 2GB
    Same here. Drivers work good, but when I tried install 11.11a I've got black screen after restart. Tried with cleaning Driver Sweaper etc.

18. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    Try to boot with F8 and choose VGA (640x480) mode. After that install the new drivers and reboot again. ;)

19. pastor_marco

pastor_marco Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I just wanted to say thank you to the OP for these - based on my experience so far these drivers are giving me a good taste of what I think is coming down the pipeline from AMD (finally - there is a god!).

This multithreaded profile is what interests me most - but the addition of the custom profiles is like all of our prayers have been answered ;-)

Thanks again!

- Marco

PS: Ignore the few children who love to hear the sounds of their own voice - most of us long time lurkers who come every day and don't say much know how to separate the garbage from the candy - and this driver definitely caught our attention.

20. Witcher

Witcher Guest

GPU:
    Intel
    Solved problem by reinstalling windows :bang: