AMD Catalyst 8.93 (Nov. 18)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by marthand, Nov 21, 2011.

1. ipredator

ipredator Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
  2. Coffinshaker

Coffinshaker Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon6990m 2gb
    Aff, no noticable improvements in Skyrim nor SWTOR. I don't understand this. I've made a new topic, hopefully someone has experienced the same issues.
    Thanks for your help anyway!

One last thing. Do I delete this driver using the same procedure you posted above? Or is this, not being official AMD etc, slightly more complicated?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  3. TheGuuH

TheGuuH Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 470 XFX
    come on man....

4. ipredator

ipredator Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    @Coffin, thats my common procedure, doesn't matter if the driver is WHQL or "unofficial". You simply need to get rid of all old driver files, since there are some left after the regular uninstall. And btw, I read in the other thread that you used driver sweeper. But you missed the step I posted afterwards, the deinstalling of the GPU in Windows Device Manager. If you don't do this, some files still are present if you boot Windows up. You may have noticed after your Driver Sweep and reboot that the Desktop resolution is still your regular one. If you would've deleted every driver file, the resolution should be 800*600 or something. Then after my optional step which I need to do, the installation of the manufacturer drivers and the following reboot, the resolution is fine at 1920*1080 back again.

5. Coffinshaker

Coffinshaker Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon6990m 2gb
    Yeah, the topic I made was written before I posted in this topic. It was just waiting for admin approval so I've added all your steps :)
    Thing is, I can't find any AMD listings (except caps) in the Add/Remove programs window (from win control panel)
    How to delete?
    I am going to try the 11.10 drivers now btw, after strolling through tons of benchmark articles on www.benchmark3d.com

6. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 6800XT
    Stop TROLLING please.
    Marthand has been confirmed as trusted several times now.
    How it is that you try to discredit him over and over and oooover again ?
    He gets the drivers from OEM source (most probably Asus).
    These are virus free and confirmed to be geniuine (asder and rflair can once again confirm this if you were blind enought not to see it).

On the topic :

MultiThreadedRendering11.exe

YAY !! Multithreaded Rendering ?? Someone can test it ??

7. TheOriginalTO

TheOriginalTO Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870m
    So people would say these dominate the 12.1 drivers for mobility?

8. ipredator

ipredator Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    @TheOriginalTO
    Depends on what you play. If you play Skyrim I'd recommend 12.1 since it has native crossfire support. With this Nov.18 Version you can only enable Crossfire when using 1. RadeonPro with the Oblivion Crossfire Profile or 2. using any new CAP's. When you decide to go for the CAP solution, you might get coloured flickering ingame.
    If its just for BF3, this Nov.18 kicks a$$.

@Coffinshaker
    In the Windows programs section there should be an entry "Application Profiles" and "AMD Catalyst Install Manager". If the Install Manager is not listed, simply run the installation .exe from your current driver and instead of "Install/Repair" you select (Express-)"Uninstall".

9. TheOriginalTO

GPU:
    ATI 5870m
    Back again, So.. whats the analysis... These, one of the 8.94's or 8.95 ( it caused problems for me ). ???? I'd like to know what people are doing.

10. ipredator

ipredator Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Which problems?
    I'm using the 8.45 hybrid along with the 01.18 CAP3, works very well overall, actually!

11. TheOriginalTO

GPU:
    ATI 5870m
    Some transparent textures were not showing up in games like skyrim / Heroes of Newerth and also i noticed the fps dropped ~7 in both games where as it is highest with the 8.94 Jan 3. But, I have never used the Nov. 18 driver.

12. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Master Guru

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz
    iam backagain for some time on 18.nov and i dont know...bf3 is still server bounded, so sometimes fps is ok sometimes not...the game and servers are still not stable :)